Getting waaaaaay ahead of myself (Remy)

Kansas Basketball.
GregOsterswag

Getting waaaaaay ahead of myself (Remy)

Post by GregOsterswag »

Yeah, so I realize I'm getting way ahead of myself here but what if we ride Remy's hot hand all the way to the championship and he's named tourney MVP. By KU guidelines, he'd go up in the rafters despite playing only 30 total games as a Jayhawk (13 as a starter) and averaging single digits in PPG, and not leading the team in any statistical category. That would be wild. A long shot to be sure, but not an impossibility at this point.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Getting waaaaaay ahead of myself (Remy)

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We need another title so badly that we can rename the Fieldhouse after him for all I care.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

I saw a few people arguing and getting mad at each other about this on Twitter last night and it just gave me a headache.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is certainly the case that Remy taking the Malik star-turn would change the math for the next few weeks.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

He provides the missing piece, but this is not the path I expected.

I have to say that everyone should be pretty impressed with him as a person battling through the adversity and the Mike Vernon-led dumbass antics.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:54 am He provides the missing piece, but this is not the path I expected.

I have to say that everyone should be pretty impressed with him as a person battling through the adversity and the Mike Vernon-led dumbass antics.
It is of course possible that there were low points along the way here, where everyone involved felt something less than perfectly committed and hopeful.

That said, he was pretty animated and engaged on the bench more often than not. And his words and tone last week sure suggested relief and excitement, as opposed to resentment and seething.
GregOsterswag

Post by GregOsterswag »

He's so fun to watch it makes me a little sad we didn't get to experience more of his joy this year.

I also think of Remy as the anti-Marcus Garrett (when MG ran PG last year). Both good, but opposite players in almost every conceivable way.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:54 am He provides the missing piece, but this is not the path I expected.

Definitely seems to have kept a positive attitude even though his role is likely nothing like he was expecting....and Mike Vernon only has 9k followers so it's entirely possible Remy has no idea who that is or what he says.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:19 pm

Definitely seems to have kept a positive attitude even though his role is likely nothing like he was expecting....and Mike Vernon only had 9k followers so it's entirely possible Remy has no idea who that is or what he says.
Self didn't drop a press conference Fbomb for tweets he and Remy weren't aware of
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

We were already a top 10 team with Dajuan playing big minutes, although still a vulnerable one (although although no team seems to not be this year)

But being able to plug in a guy like Remy is such an X factor that I’m not sure any other team has.

Our vulnerabilities include lack of production from the PG spot, and scoring droughts. Remy helps both of those things.

Now, instead of going stagnant when our second unit checks in, we get more potent yet.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:21 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:19 pm

Definitely seems to have kept a positive attitude even though his role is likely nothing like he was expecting....and Mike Vernon only had 9k followers so it's entirely possible Remy has no idea who that is or what he says.
Self didn't drop a press conference Fbomb for tweets he and Remy weren't aware of
This. They were pissed.
Deleted User 863

About a guy with 9k followers? Mitch Lightfoot has over 2x as many followers as that nobody.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:31 pmAbout a guy with 9k followers?
Take it up with Bill.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:31 pm About a guy with 9k followers? Mitch Lightfoot has over 2x as many followers as that nobody.
So glad that I didn’t know that
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:36 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:31 pm About a guy with 9k followers? Mitch Lightfoot has over 2x as many followers as that nobody.
I was glad I didn't know who Mike Vernon was until a few months ago.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:34 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:31 pmAbout a guy with 9k followers?
Take it up with Bill.
Did he reference mike vernon by name or a tweet somewhere that I have missed? Because that press conference comment was pretty vague iirc.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:38 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:36 pm
I was glad I didn't know who Mike Vernon was until a few months ago.
That's kind of it--he has somehow managed to use his media connections to say he is an insider and spread his opinions all over the country as well as in the ears of the Athletic Department. His KU to B1G being imminent was in national media. Those nerds really suck.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

9K followers means thousands more eyes through retweets and media quotes. That is a number that is substantially higher than the guy on .com who was counting views as revenue.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

So Remy's mother was born in the Philippines but I believe Remy has never been to the Philippines. I bring this up because the Philippines LOVES basketball and Remy plays like the typical Filipino basketball player... lots of finess, speed, and fun. If other leagues do not come calling, he will have a wonderful life in the Philippine Basketball Association. I know Darnell Jackson, Billy Thomas, and C.J. Giles have played some in that league. They have a rule about allowing one non-Filipino over a certain height per team (or something like that). Anyway, I am enjoying watching Remy in a Kansas uniform while I can.