dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:24 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:18 am None of this can end well. The rhetoric is dangerous. We are about to enter a really dark stage in the evolution of this country.
More than a million US citizens dying because some people politicized masking and vaccinations? We entered it a few years ago.
Disagree (to an extent). Masks and vaccinations aren't/weren't stopping covid. My wife is vaxxed and boosted and got covid a few weeks ago.

We needed extreme lockdowns early on. Globally. We weren't willing to do that. Now we are too far gone. Vaccinations haven't stopped covid.

Covid was politicized (by both sides, in different ways) and it did nobody any good.

You think covid was bad then just wait until the civil war starts. Because it's a real possibility.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:29 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:18 am None of this can end well. The rhetoric is dangerous. We are about to enter a really dark stage in the evolution of this country.
More than a million US citizens dying because some people politicized masking and vaccinations? We entered it a few years ago.
Disagree (to an extent). Masks and vaccinations aren't/weren't stopping covid. My wife is vaxxed and boosted and got covid a few weeks ago.

We needed extreme lockdowns early on. Globally. We weren't willing to do that. Now we are too far gone. Vaccinations haven't stopped covid.

Covid was politicized (by both sides, in different ways) and it did nobody any good.

You think covid was bad then just wait until the civil war starts. Because it's a real possibility.
There aren't going to be a million people dying in another Civil War.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:34 am

A million people don't need to die for our democracy to be destroyed.

It's not solely about death toll. We are on the brink of certain states not honoring election results or viewing them as valid. Dangerously close.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:37 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:34 am

A million people don't need to die for our democracy to be destroyed.

It's not solely about death toll. We are on the brink of certain states not honoring election results or viewing them as valid. Dangerously close.
It's certainly going to be a test of the system to see what the impact of all these new Trumpian election changes in some GOP states will be. 2024 can just take it's sweet ass time in getting here. It's going to be loud and obnoxious for sure.
Deleted User 863

....and what if Trump wins?

Scary shit.

We're going on almost a decade of not my president attitudes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:45 am ....and what if Trump wins?

Scary shit.

I think it will be more dangerous if he does not win as his followers will be once again wrongly convinced that the election was a scam. It's only not a scam if they get what they want.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

seems we’re damned regardless

if he were to win, guaranteed he goes all scorched earth on those that he views as enemies…including the FBI and any investigative congressional committees

if only there woulda been some way to ensure that he couldn’t even run for elected office again…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Republicanism, and with hope, both-siderism, is dying ungracefully. Now we must ensure that the crazies never come to power again and are punished for sedition, terrorism and other real crimes they have amply committed. And Trump, having committed espionage in public, is done.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:10 am

Scary shit.

I think it will be more dangerous if he does not win as his followers will be once again wrongly convinced that the election was a scam. It's only not a scam if they get what they want.
Definitely more dangerous if he doesn't win as far as violence goes.

But even if he does win, my gut feeling is that it will still be viewed as a fraudulent election due to all the shit going on recently and the always available reasoning of voter suppression.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:37 pm

Scary shit.

But even if he does win, my gut feeling is that it will still be viewed as a fraudulent election due to all the shit going on recently and the always available reasoning of voter suppression.
I don't think that if Trump wins that it would be seen as fraudulent by most Democrats. To me, a "fraudulent" result is when you have people voting who shouldn't be or votes that were made not being counted. Rather, I think a Trump win would be seen as the GOP manipulating the system for their benefit. They wouldn't be breaking the rules; just changing them for their own benefit.

If Democrats don't figure out how to get the rules of the game to be equal and just then they have to deal with the consequences.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:37 am seems we’re damned regardless

if he were to win, guaranteed he goes all scorched earth on those that he views as enemies…including the FBI and any investigative congressional committees

if only there woulda been some way to ensure that he couldn’t even run for elected office again…
Agreed. I think that a second term by Trump would be disastrous for our country's society as we know it and that he would be empowered to tear the system to the ground so that he is and his cronies are better able to lie, cheat and steal their way to even more wealth.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:34 pm

I don't think that if Trump wins that it would be seen as fraudulent by most Democrats. To me, a "fraudulent" result is when you have people voting who shouldn't be or votes that were made not being counted. Rather, I think a Trump win would be seen as the GOP manipulating the system for their benefit. They wouldn't be breaking the rules; just changing them for their own benefit.

If Democrats don't figure out how to get the rules of the game to be equal and just then they have to deal with the consequences.
Sounds pretty fraudulent to me.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:34 pm

Sounds pretty fraudulent to me.
Then I'll just say "it depends on the situations surrounding a Trump win as to whether or not it would lead to trouble". The same cannot be said of a Dem win in '24 because if Trump loses, there is a 100% chance that it will be declared fraudulent by him and his supporters and that chaos will break out. It will once again not matter how clear cut and legal the results are.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:52 pm if Trump loses, there is a 100% chance that it will be declared fraudulent by him and his supporters and that chaos will break out. It will once again not matter how clear cut and legal the results are.
Agreed.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I appreciate the reference to "his troubled social media site". So it wasn't the voting machines, it was the FBI holding back info about Hunter's laptop. The one that Tucker had documents from, until he didn't. If only sQuirt was still around to help me understand.

Trump, who has repeatedly and falsely claimed that the 2020 presidential election was “stolen” due to widespread election fraud, took to his troubled social media site Truth Social in order to amplify this latest talking point.

“So now it comes out, conclusively, that the FBI BURIED THE HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP STORY BEFORE THE ELECTION knowing that, if they didn’t, ‘Trump would have easily won the 2020 Presidential Election,’” the ex-president blared.

He continued: “This is massive FRAUD & ELECTION INTERFERENCE at a level never seen before in our Country. REMEDY: Declare the rightful winner or, and this would be the minimal solution, declare the 2020 Election irreparably compromised and have a new Election, immediately!”
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

These two are national treasures.

Mary Znidarsic-Nicosia and her husband, Nicholas Nicosia, wanted to clear their names after being accused of throwing a racist party. So, they made a plan and held a press conference this week.

Step one: The wealthy, white couple from Rochester, N.Y., adamantly defended themselves against what Znidarsic-Nicosia called "false claims of racism."

Step two: Znidarsic-Nicosia confessed to a room full of reporters that she also happens to run a racist, anonymous Twitter account.

"In full disclosure, I do have a Twitter parody account that operates under a veil of a persona — and I have made blatantly racist comments under that persona," she admitted.

"The culture of Twitter operates that way. It gives you an opportunity to be someone you're not," she explained.

Hogan has repeatedly challenged reporters — including this reporter — to find any evidence supporting the claims that either of his clients are bigots, arguing that Znidarsic-Nicosia's Twitter account does not count.

While the real estate agent did not disclose her anonymous Twitter handle, the now-defunct @HoHoHomeboyROC account used the image of a bust of a Black mammy that she admitted she owns. Screengrabs of previous posts include other anti-Black imagery, reposts of other accounts trolling Black people – often in an offensive interpretation of Black vernacular – and several fake ads for KFC.

Hogan also indicated that Znidarsic-Nicosia runs additional Twitter accounts. "I think she has a number of different handles," he said.

During the press conference, the pair broke down into tears. Znidarsic-Nicosia cried, saying, "The allegations of this narrative have caused my family almost unbearable pain." Her husband, a dentist, wept as he said, "Cancel culture can be cruel."

He then added that he has lost patients at his dental practice because of Jones' allegations. "The only thing I hate more than racism, is allegations of racism," he said.

On Friday, their lawyer suggested that neither holds a single racist belief. He remarked several times that Rochester Mayor Malik Evans attended a function at the Nicosia residence about a year and a half ago, and that the couple also has a Black Jamaican woman living in a guest house on the property.

Pulling out all the stops; .....but we have a black woman living in our guest house.

The full story has links screenshots of her fun racist twitter account.

https://www.kpcc.org/npr-news/2022-08-2 ... confession
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

they must be mormon
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

"I'm not a racist, I just play one on social media" is an interesting defense tactic. We'll see how it plays out for them.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Aaron Rodgers decided to let his feelings known about the State of California and the Governor.

“The state’s going to shit, but I’m hanging on. I grew up in a small town, very little cases up in Chico, California, but all the small businesses? Fucking gone,”

Given Rodgers' recent performance in Minneapolis, he should understand the concept of "going to shit" in a very personal way.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:29 pm Aaron Rodgers decided to let his feelings known about the State of California and the Governor.

“The state’s going to shit, but I’m hanging on. I grew up in a small town, very little cases up in Chico, California, but all the small businesses? Fucking gone,”

Given Rodgers' recent performance in Minneapolis, he should understand the concept of "going to shit" in a very personal way.
I guess small businesses in California were immune the the effects of Amazon and Big Box stores?