dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Ugh.
digitalkookie

Re: dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Post by digitalkookie »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:33 pm It was a lot of fun to visit the San Fran in the 1990s, but it now is a dump. Feces everywhere, heroin everywhere, violence, etc.
Yeah well, the Tenderloin ain't for everyone
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:49 am
StayCurious wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:33 pm It was a lot of fun to visit the San Fran in the 1990s, but it now is a dump. Feces everywhere, heroin everywhere, violence, etc.
I can find a part of just about every major metropolitan area in this country where I could say the same thing and where the same thing could have been said for the last 30+ years. There were parts of SF that were drug and feces filled nastiness back in the early 90s when I was last there.
It's not just a small area, it's the whole city. CVS has had to close a half dozen locations because the state legally allows stealing up to $900 of stuff without consequences. The city allows people to shoot heroin into themselves on the streets without any consequence. There are now feces apps to show you where to avoid. The city is nothing like it was in the 1990s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

StayCurious wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:59 pm
I can find a part of just about every major metropolitan area in this country where I could say the same thing and where the same thing could have been said for the last 30+ years. There were parts of SF that were drug and feces filled nastiness back in the early 90s when I was last there.
It's not just a small area, it's the whole city. CVS has had to close a half dozen locations because the state legally allows stealing up to $900 of stuff without consequences. The city allows people to shoot heroin into themselves on the streets without any consequence. There are now feces apps to show you where to avoid. The city is nothing like it was in the 1990s.
OK
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

StayCurious wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:59 pm
It's not "the whole city" nor is it "everywhere".

Then you say CVS had to close a half dozen locations because the STATE allows stealing up to $900 of stuff without consequences. Neither the first or the send part of your sentence is completely true. They didn't close 6 stores (almost a year ago) because of that. Granted, the slap on the wrist law doesn't help businesses, is not something I support, and it pisses me off that I often witness people stealing stuff in Chicago because of basically the same law.

The city may or may not "allow" people to shoot up heroin on the streets without consequences. So what would you like the city, police, and prosecutors to do in that regard? Arrest and put people in jail? It would be nice if they took them to treatment centers but you unless someone wants help, how does that do anyone any good?

The feces app shows people where to avoid places where there may be feces but you tell me what percentage of the photos are of human feces vs. animal feces (or not even feces).

Don't get wrong, SF has major crime, drug, homeless, and mental health issues (as do most major cities) but don't go making it out to be on every block of every street. It's not.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I was walking the streets of downtown Indy 20+ years ago and witnessed a homeless guy taking a shit in the stairwell down to the parking garage where our cars were. They had a Republican mayor at the time (since I assume this is only a discussion due to SF being such a liberal den of hedonism).
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:53 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:56 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:02 am

Do you understand why she tweeted that?
I don't typically defend her but that was actually one of he better tweets.
Guess not?

What’s the angle?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE_AFhuHsew
Well, technically, he DID "start off" with two words. He just so happened to "end" what he started with a third word. Pure brilliance.
Ain't no seats
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Do we miss having the leader of the free world making fun of disabled people yet?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Alex Jones verdict coming out soon.

Yesterday I came across this schmuck. I asked him why he felt the need to cover his face. He just looked at me. I wanted to call him an asshole but then he would have gotten the satisfaction of knowing he had that affect on me.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Looks like the corner of Chicago and Michigan Ave?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Bingo!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

funny that he’s pimping infowars

jones just ordered to pay $965M
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Apparently the latest MAGA outrage is the urban legend that schools in various parts of the country are providing litter boxes for kids who claim they are cats. Of course it’s completely made up by the right wing maniacs with not one shred of evidence. Until these people who claimed this on the floor of State Legislatures are shamed (at best) and prosecuted for peddling lies knowingly (at worst) there is no hope for the future of our democracy.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/politics ... index.html

" The Trump Organization charged the Secret Service “exorbitant rates” – upwards of $1.4 million over four years – to protect the former President and his family at properties they owned, according to documents released by the House Oversight Committee on Monday.

The committee found that the Trump Organization charged the Secret Service “excessive nightly rates on dozens of trips” as high as $1,185 per night despite claims by the former President’s company that federal employees traveling with him would stay at those properties “for free” or “at cost.” "

Gee, you mean that Donald Trump lied and enriched himself personally at the expense of the American public?!? No way, that has to be fake news, right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/27/politics ... index.html

This definitely goes here.

" The Republican gubernatorial nominee in Michigan invoked a conspiracy that the Covid-19 pandemic and protests in the summer of 2020 after the killing of George Floyd were part of a decades-long plan by the Democratic Party to “topple” the United States as retaliation for losing the US Civil War, adding that the party wanted to enslave people “again.” "
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

She's got mich's vote.

Holy smokes she should avoid drinking the water in Flint.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Host Larry Kudlow told Pence that “far-left progressives… will not allow God into the conversation, will not allow religion into the conversation. Not just the conversation, the schools, the communities, the workplace… I mean, no one is allowed to talk about the Ten Commandments or the importance of moral values.”

People are allowed to talk about the Ten Commandments and morality in the U.S.

“How can we have a truly great nation? These lefties want to scrap religion, Mike Pence, and I think it’s a terrible mistake,” Kudlow said.

Pence waited a bit – possibly to see if Kudlow was actually going to ask a question – and responded: “Well, the radical left believes that the freedom of religion is the freedom from religion. But it’s nothing the American founders ever thought of or generations of Americans fought to defend.”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:51 pm She's got mich's vote.

Holy smokes she should avoid drinking the water in Flint.
She is just regurgitating the talking points that her audience wants to hear. The more absurd your rationale for supporting a terrible platform needs to be, the more it proves how terrible your platform is. She apparently feels that it takes convincing people that Dems want to enslave people and tear the nation apart to get someone to vote for her. That just tells me that she doesn't have many merits of her own to stand on.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Won't stop mich from voting for her.

And, does she have a platform?
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/29/politics ... index.html

" The Republican Senate nominee in New Hampshire shared at a Thursday event the hoax claim that children are being told they can identify as anthropomorphic cats and use litter boxes in schools. "

The only thing more sad than the fact that a person running for a major political office in this country is saying stupid shit like this to the public is that some people in the audience are dumb enough to believe him. Like I said, I'll stop calling people dumb when people stop being dumb. This has reached an embarrassing level of ignorance. Our country is so fucked if people are willing to believe stupid shit like this to defend their vote for a candidate.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:17 pm Host Larry Kudlow told Pence that “far-left progressives… will not allow God into the conversation, will not allow religion into the conversation. Not just the conversation, the schools, the communities, the workplace… I mean, no one is allowed to talk about the Ten Commandments or the importance of moral values.”

People are allowed to talk about the Ten Commandments and morality in the U.S.

“How can we have a truly great nation? These lefties want to scrap religion, Mike Pence, and I think it’s a terrible mistake,” Kudlow said.

Pence waited a bit – possibly to see if Kudlow was actually going to ask a question – and responded: “Well, the radical left believes that the freedom of religion is the freedom from religion. But it’s nothing the American founders ever thought of or generations of Americans fought to defend.”
"“Well, the radical left believes that the freedom of religion is the freedom from religion." This might be one of the few things that Mike Pence has ever said that I agree with. But then he followed it up with a shamelessly stupid statement that is both inaccurate and unproveable. He has no clue what "generations of Americans" fought for and I take offense to him trying to put words in the mouths of the brave soldiers who have died in service to our nation for some sort of cheap political stance.