DMac

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: DMac

Post by pdub »

JWill not a particularly great defender but Manek isn’t particularly mobile. Just a good shooter.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:09 am JWill not a particularly great defender but Manek isn’t particularly mobile. Just a good shooter.
The most important defense we can play on Manek happens when we’ve got the ball.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m guessing you mean attack him bc he’s not good defensively and could get in foul trouble?

He’s a pretty good shot blocker.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:19 am I’m guessing you mean attack him bc he’s not good defensively and could get in foul trouble?

He’s a pretty good shot blocker.
Yes. And he’s a good shot blocker because he’s aggressive. Need to pick spots to put him on skates and get him in foul trouble.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

I appreciate that Bacot is a fairly traditional big guy. Dave won’t have to be guarding him out on the perimeter.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PortlandHawk wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:36 pm I appreciate that Bacot is a fairly traditional big guy. Dave won’t have to be guarding him out on the perimeter.
That said, I think as soon as Remy comes in, we need to run a few weak side screen and rolls to get Bacot moving.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What a strange career.

But saving his best for last, so awesome.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bill Selfs offense, even when feeding a big, works.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PortlandHawk wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:36 pm I appreciate that Bacot is a fairly traditional big guy. Dave won’t have to be guarding him out on the perimeter.
Bacot is good. If Dave can win that match up that would be huge for us. Im betting one of them gets into early foul trouble
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Anyone see/hear Self's comments the other day? Essentially said he expects DMac's jersey to hang in the rafters of AFH.

They really fucked him out of FF MOP. Self will right that wrong it sounds like.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“Those last two baskets he made to win that (title) game, I mean those were big boy plays,” Self said Thursday. “David played at a ridiculously high level. All those people that doubted David — and maybe there was a time or two I did a little bit — should all basically owe him some form of gratitude or apology. He showed everybody he could put us on his back and carry us when it counted the most.”
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:10 am “Those last two baskets he made to win that (title) game, I mean those were big boy plays,” Self said Thursday. “David played at a ridiculously high level. All those people that doubted David — and maybe there was a time or two I did a little bit — should all basically owe him some form of gratitude or apology. He showed everybody he could put us on his back and carry us when it counted the most.”

Which is ultimate confirmation that it was completely fair to doubt Dave at times.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn’t doubt.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I was pretty sure all along DMac had stone hands and was inconsistent on his post moves and had a nagging injury to his foot. His legacy is that championship. And playing through pain.