Damn It Feels Good to be a Jayhawk

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Damn It Feels Good to be a Jayhawk

Post by ousdahl »

ohh, I think it is Wesley on there, good catch lol.

And here I was thinking all the fuss was about Lady Death's tits.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:24 pm ohh, I think it is Wesley on there, good catch lol.
bingo…they just mirrored the original
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo...

Wilt
Collison
Frank
Sherron
Gooden
PP

JoJo
Raef
Brush
Manning
Embiid
Kirk

...which side of that t shirt's lineup would win?

(Mario and Coach taking middle ground for this one)
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:26 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:24 pm ohh, I think it is Wesley on there, good catch lol.
bingo…they just mirrored the original
Haha, that's hilarious. Wonder if that'll give it value the way famous error baseball cards were worth more. The "Justin Wesley" shirt, who wouldn't want that.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl4ph8xvKHm ... M4ZDc5MmU=

Interesting to hear the multi years guys perspective and words they chose vs McCullar. He was the only 1 that talked about personal goals. Which is totally fine. Jalen has the same personal goals. But is part of the reason I am slow to warm to these free agent transfers. Especially guys like McCullar who were leaders of their team at a good program and abandon their team in search of a better stage to showcase their NBA potential (or lack thereof).

Thankfully KM doesn't play like a selfish player who is just using this year as an NBA audition.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Wasn't expecting a blowout (especially on the road), but I was thrilled to see it. I thought they had to be good with 9-0 record.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

StayCurious wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:36 pm Wasn't expecting a blowout (especially on the road), but I was thrilled to see it. I thought they had to be good with 9-0 record.
Good for you! The first step in addressing a problem is to acknowledge the problem exists.
Meaning, you assumed something that wasn't true because you saw something and didn't do your own research. Kind of like you do on the politics board. Right? Or am I confusing you with randy?

My guess is I'm not the only person who saw Mizzou was 9-0 and then wondered who they played and beat. So.... I looked it up. I know at least one other person on here must have done the same thing because they pointed out Mizzou had only played shit teams.

P.S. All that being said, I wasn't expecting a blowout either and was "thrilled" to see it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

It does seem to me that Self is peaking right now. Similar to what we saw happen with Jay Wright, I think Self is having a similar "found his stride" period. I hope it lasts for a few more years.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:37 pm It does seem to me that Self is peaking right now. Similar to what we saw happen with Jay Wright, I think Self is having a similar "found his stride" period. I hope it lasts for a few more years.
That may have a lot do with Dick.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:06 pm
StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:37 pm It does seem to me that Self is peaking right now. Similar to what we saw happen with Jay Wright, I think Self is having a similar "found his stride" period. I hope it lasts for a few more years.
Well of course, but credit to the recruiters. Too bad that kid won't be around at KU after this year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:28 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:06 pm
Well of course, but credit to the recruiters. Too bad that kid won't be around at KU after this year.
Adidas just signed Dick, so sticking around could absolutely be on the table.

And, tangentially, with Adidas signing Dick and may other hoopers in the past month, just makes it even more silly this IARP farce is still going on. Think about what that whole thing was even supposed to be about. Like sitting in jail in Colorado for smoking a joint 20-some years ago.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

I hope you're right. I just see him playing so well and I think he is one and done.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No question. We might just be in a new era where two things can be true: someone is a one-and-done talent. That person can now stick around with little risk and still be rewarded.

I also absolutely think Gradey is a 1st Round Pick in 2023 and in 2026, barring injury.
Deleted User 863

Deleted User 863

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

770 wins at 60. Same # as K at that age.
Just Ledoux it