Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:27 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:31 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 am We need to pair dajuan with a quick athletic scoring guard. Someone with a good jumpshot and the ability to create their own shots

That will help people forgot dajuans limitations and appreciate him for his strengths. Because he is a really really good pass first point guard
You have someone in mind there?
No I don't know who's all in the portal. But there's a shitload of players and options, I'm hoping/trusting self and company find a player that fit that description

I think elmarko and philon both have potential to grow into those high end explosive combo guards, but probably won't happen until after next season
Being in the portal is irrelevant.

We can poach from any team if the player has eligibility. And we should.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I don't like going down that road. We don't need to be recruiting anyone that's not in the portal.

In pro sports, "tampering" is illegal and penalized. Should be in college too

Weren't there like 1500-2000 players in the portal last year? Or some ridiculous number. There's no reason we need to be coercing anyone to enter the portal and come here
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:28 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 am

That's fair.

Unfortunately Self hasn't been able to recruit anyone better than DH over the last 4 years.
With a big question being whether/to what degree it’s cuz Dajuan’s been playing 35 mpg
If he sucks so bad then what are people afraid of? You earn your minutes at KU. It's always been that way.
It's a bit of a stacked deck though.

I have no idea what the percentage is (for this stupid example), but a player who simply IS 5% better than Harris is not cutting much into Harris' minutes. That's the problem.

It's well beyond one that can be solved at this point - Harris would not lose his job to freshman Derrick Rose at this point.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I honestly kinda wonder if Self is so competitive that even he is willing to shuffle his hand, even tho he’s been holding onto certain cards for years.

I know some fans are sentimental toward certain players and seem to somehow not notice the on-court product, but you gotta figure Self at least has realized this current lineup has been getting our asses pounded in embarrassingly bad ways.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just dunno if we can play Dajuan and KJ for like 30+ minutes a game together. Reprising Hunter might make that worse.

Or maybe it’ll make it better.

It just sucks that, tho we’ve got several veteran pieces including an all American all eligible again next year, we somehow still gotta rely on the right crop of newcomers to field a competitive lineup.

Maybe it’s newcomers good enough to compliment the existing pieces - or rather, good enough to have the existing pieces compliment them. Or maybe it’s newcomers to replace existing pieces.

Stay tuned!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:06 pm I just dunno if we can play Dajuan and KJ for like 30+ minutes a game together.
We can.
We have.
We will.

Get over it. We aren't going to kick everyone off the team and start completely over. You're going to have to endure 1 more season of them both starting even under the best of circumstances recruiting wise.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I guess the good news is I got to cancel sling a month early and save that $40
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:55 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:06 pm I just dunno if we can play Dajuan and KJ for like 30+ minutes a game together.
We can.
We have.
We will.

Get over it. We aren't going to kick everyone off the team and start completely over. You're going to have to endure 1 more season of them both starting even under the best of circumstances recruiting wise.
ugh. you're prob right. sigh.

this was the least excited I've ever been for the tournament since becoming a KU fan.

And, as of right now - which is to say, short of some seriously shiny new roster additions, and maybe even some roster shakeups - this is the least excited I've ever been for an upcoming season.

Even if we return everyone still eligible, I'm not sure there is a single complete player among the bunch. All have pretty gaping holes in their games.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:37 pm this was the least excited I've ever been for the tournament since becoming a KU fan.
Same.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

We can.
We have.
We will.

Serious question - can we pay for, or would KJ have to pay for, like a two-week shooting camp? I have a hard time believing, particularly given his background, that he’s simply incapable of getting to “meh.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what's a two week camp gonna do?

has he really never practiced this shit?

if we haven't already, we should lock him in the goddamn Fieldhouse from now until Late Night.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:02 pm
We can.
We have.
We will.

Serious question - can we pay for, or would KJ have to pay for, like a two-week shooting camp? I have a hard time believing, particularly given his background, that he’s simply incapable of getting to “meh.”
The rebounding issues seem more solvable.

Though I suppose with the shooting he actually has shown improvement, the elbow jumper was fairly decent this year. And if his rebounding issues were solvable, you'd think they would have been solved, or at least improved.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Probably posted in another thread. Either way, I feel it deserves to be on this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5pPmYPN0qP ... _copy_link
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:50 am Probably posted in another thread. Either way, I feel it deserves to be on this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5pPmYPN0qP ... _copy_link
Not to be a downer but he said that last offseason and thought he had achieved it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The rug looks like shit in that video.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto