Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Recruiting Services Consensus Index (RSCI) started tracking the cumulative rankings of college basketball recruits in 1999. Since 2001 when that first class tracked were sophomores, every national champion has had at least four top 100 players in its rotation.

Until Monday night.

The Jayhawks won a national title with just two top-100 players in the regular rotation — McCormack (30) and Wilson (51).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

COY
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:58 am The Recruiting Services Consensus Index (RSCI) started tracking the cumulative rankings of college basketball recruits in 1999. Since 2001 when that first class tracked were sophomores, every national champion has had at least four top 100 players in its rotation.

Until Monday night.

The Jayhawks won a national title with just two top-100 players in the regular rotation — McCormack (30) and Wilson (51).
Yeah, I mean, we have 6 top 100 players, but only 2 in the 7 man rotation.

but, if your unranked guys are beating out top 100 talent for minutes, I'm ok with that. That just means we're still talented but RSCI whiffed...or we're developing players like crazy.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:29 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:27 am I believe he gets a $200k check after last night.
But just think of the taxes he'll have to pay!
Take it to Doyel's Twitter feed!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:08 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:58 am The Recruiting Services Consensus Index (RSCI) started tracking the cumulative rankings of college basketball recruits in 1999. Since 2001 when that first class tracked were sophomores, every national champion has had at least four top 100 players in its rotation.

Until Monday night.

but, if your unranked guys are beating out top 100 talent for minutes, I'm ok with that. That just means we're still talented but RSCI whiffed...or we're developing players like crazy.
did RSCI know Wilson couldn't dunk, else he would have been ranked in the 20s?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Until Monday night.

And makes our haters look so fucking stupid when they say this title is somehow tainted b/c of the NCAA investigation and/or our players being bought.

Honestly, the program has already paid a big penalty with USA Today (Wolken), Yahoo! (Forde), opposing coaches, et al. dragging Self and co. through the mud and significantly affecting recruiting and PR.

Love watching Emmert's big dumb ass hand that trophy to the Kansas City Jayhawks. That shit is chef's kiss.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:06 pm

Until Monday night.

And makes our haters look so fucking stupid when they say this title is somehow tainted b/c of the NCAA investigation and/or our players being bought.

Honestly, the program has already paid a big penalty with USA Today (Wolken), Yahoo! (Forde), opposing coaches, et al. dragging Self and co. through the mud and significantly affecting recruiting and PR.

Love watching Emmert's big dumb ass hand that trophy to the Kansas City Jayhawks. That shit is chef's kiss.
Would have been so nice for the NCAA to simply admit it had lost institutional control rather than trying to deflect the blame to the unlucky few Adidas schools. Such hypocrisy.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:06 pm

Until Monday night.

Jeff Goodman was just on Full Ride; he said there were no plans for Emmert to do or say anything after the game/during the trophy presentation...at the last moment he decided he wanted to present the the trophy and drop some "words of wisdom". Goodman also said almost everyone involved in college sports despises Emmert.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vernon?
How’s the tax invasion and treason?
Got the scoop?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:22 amIs it over tho?
No. If the ncaa puts us on pause for a minute, we will be right back at it. My hope is that Self gets a 1 or 2 year postseason ban and that the program itself gets no postseason ban but loses some.scholarships.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Bill said he talked to his Dad quite a bit during the game.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Looks to me like he said “Were in this game”
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I got "Where'd I put the tape?"

Think he was wrapping presents or something?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So can we get a street name and/or a statue?

Sunnyside Ave to Self street.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also do we think this lengthens or shortens his coaching career at KU?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

He's gone once Tyler graduates.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:49 pm He's gone once Tyler graduates.
so another 8 years or so?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:46 pm Also do we think this lengthens or shortens his coaching career at KU?
Norlander seems to think this would be an understandable time to step down

imo, that’s the furthest thing from Self’s mind right now. he doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that would tuck tail and run in the face of potential penalties that he’s at least partly responsible for
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:55 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:46 pm Also do we think this lengthens or shortens his coaching career at KU?
Norlander seems to think this would be an understandable time to step down

imo, that’s the furthest thing from Self’s mind right now. he doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that would tuck tail and run in the face of potential penalties that he’s at least partly responsible for
Right, I'd be more worried about him leaving if this wasn't an issue. Maybe I'm naive, but illy's not here to argue that, So, I'll post it.

Also, wasn't he named Becky Hammond's successor as the Spurs head coach when she retires, I think he'll wait for that.