Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:56 pm Laura Bauer wishes she was Self's girlfriend.
Thread
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Overlander wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:31 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:06 pm The thing about DeSousa was, as soon as we found out he was in violation, we waited until the NCAA said he wasn't. Then played him.
This. It just feels like KU navigated this as best they could.
right, exactly. again i ask: why are we OK with any sort of punishment, or even think that its a foregone conclusion?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

hoopla wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:42 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:54 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:50 pm Didn’t Boheim get like 9 conference games and they lost 12 schollies over 4 years?

I’d take that plus a post season ban for Self for next season.
I read between the lines that things like scholarship penalties or even team postseason bans are off the table.

Obviously the big chip on the table is the 2018 results.
you've probably written this numerous times already, but what is your prediction on how this ends, jfish? i just can't see how the ncaa has anything, let alone anything by which it can enforce more than a gentle slap on the wrist.
I tend to think Bill will be suspended for everything having to do with 2022-23, and that's it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That would be too harsh in my opinion only because they've failed to consistently punish but if that's the case, cross your fingers that he takes it as A. a year to recharge and B. a challenge.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:04 am That would be too harsh in my opinion only because they've failed to consistently punish but if that's the case, cross your fingers that he takes it as A. a year to recharge and B. a challenge.
I just don't think there's anything less than this that has any teeth.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

What does a season-long suspension for Self actually mean? He can’t coach in games? He can’t do practices? He can’t set foot on campus? Can’t speak with the team?

Help me understand…
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if we’re gonna do this, i’ll guess he’s suspended from all basketball activities for half the regular season
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll say a 50% season suspension plus the post.
And a lengthy probation period.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I'm still of the belief that no major sanctions (including a lengthy Self suspension) are coming.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

Personally, I think (unless the punishment has, as jfish said above, 'no teeth'), that KU sues and the courts grant an injunction until it is settled. And I think that's the last thing the NCAA wants.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

for me, a postseason ban is the worst case scenario.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Worst case scenario for me is taking down 2018 banner and vacating all games SDS played in, which does cede the all time wins lead back to Kentucky. I care much more about the former but those two things go together. Postseason ban would be 2nd for me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Definitely prefer a Self postseason ban than a KU postseason ban.
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:03 pm

No one knows when Self's next game will be, but it's safe to say he won't be coaching college basketball in November, not when a suspension is all but guaranteed at this point. At 59, he's got plenty of coaching years left in him. How will he choose to spend them?…[/i]
Does this guy know something that we don’t know?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:47 am

No one knows when Self's next game will be, but it's safe to say he won't be coaching college basketball in November, not when a suspension is all but guaranteed at this point. At 59, he's got plenty of coaching years left in him. How will he choose to spend them?…[/i]
doubtful, but who knows

probably just throwing shit to see what sticks
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's just hard for me to see KU laying down on any of this stuff.

We've been all in on fighting this stuff and, despite the collateral damage, still won a frickin' natty through it. The wind is blowing in our direction from a public approval standpoint, I bet we fight to the end.

As always, the scariest thing is that precedent (which there is hardly any with IARP) and "rules" just don't matter. IARP will do what it wants to do.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it is my understanding that there is no appealing the IARP decision.

it was our decision to go the IARP route.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If the NCAA or IARP bring down the hammer, could there be some other civil action available to KU against the NCAA?

Say, we relied on the NCAA’s own clearinghouse to certify these guys, and now the NCAA is saying we should have known better anyway.

I’m biased, but that argument seems to hold more water than the NCAA saying we should have known better than to be the victims of criminal fraud.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:58 am If the NCAA or IARP bring down the hammer, could there be some other civil action available to KU against the NCAA?

Say, we relied on the NCAA’s own clearinghouse to certify these guys, and now the NCAA is saying we should have known better anyway.

I’m biased, but that argument seems to hold more water than the NCAA saying we should have known better than to be the victims of criminal fraud.
Did you see how short our skirt was?

We were asking for it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:47 am

His source is Mike Vernon.