Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:30 pm any word on the indiana(?) commit that reopened his recruitment?
Nothing new that I have seen. I am assuming he'll be waiting to see what Furphy does.

We are also maybe making a late push for Bryson Tucker. 6'6 wing.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:00 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:30 pm any word on the indiana(?) commit that reopened his recruitment?
Nothing new that I have seen. I am assuming he'll be waiting to see what Furphy does.

McNeeley can play with Furphy.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:53 pm I sort of feel like Clemence might transfer again, although, not sure why he would.
We really need him to stay. We are so thin in the front court next year.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:02 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:00 am

McNeeley can play with Furphy.
Absolutely. But will he want to? So hard to know nowadays. McNeeley seems to project as a 1 and done, but I'd really like that shooting ability, even if only for 1 year.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I don't feel as bad about Arkansas now.

Self is one of the greatest ever, but he's not a miracle worker.

We're multiple years away from having another contender in my opinion, maybe 2-3 years. We're going to trot DH and Kj out there again with probably almost all new players around them again. We are in a bad spot. Especially if HD returns.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

i dunno, arguably its easier to transition now than it used to be. don't have to get guys 3 years to go to FF, think roy with his monster recruiting class then got to take a year off in the name of coaching 'em up
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

hcbs probably thinks he has a free pass. but he doesn’t. he stunk this year.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 pm hcbs probably thinks he has a free pass. but he doesn’t. he stunk this year.
Definitely his worst job during the Self era.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

he will forever be my second favorite KANSAS coach. that much is true. but he stunk this year.
thebones

Post by thebones »

He's lost a lot of weight and looks healthier, at least. That's pretty good.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we all lose our edge. no shame in that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Wow. Good (sad) video.

They probably ran the same play 30 times and we sucked at guarding it 30 times.

Self must have spent the prep day talking to transfer portal players and lining up NIL deals instead of getting ready for Gonzaga.

Wasted year. Total waste.

I've also never really liked how we switch everything. The other team basically gets their choice of a free mismatch whenever they want if they choose to do so. They can get any player 1-4 on any player they choose.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I read some of the comments on here. Yes, it was a disappointing season in regards to Self and the team but it's CRAZY (to me) that a "down" season is being a 4 seed. That just reeks of past success.
I'm confident EVERY coach who has coached the last 20 seasons has had a "down" season worse than our's.

I will say that Self admitting he basically gave up a month ago is unacceptable to me, for a guy getting paid 10 million plus. That's not cool to his players, the fans, and the institution that pays him.
At least he took some accountability and said, "We could have done a much better job as a staff".
Sure he didn't have as much "firepower" (his word) as he had in the past but give any coach Jackson, Adams, Timberlake, Furphy, Harris, and Dickinson, and if they had confidence they would think they would have a better than decent chance to coach that core to a championship.

Oh well, on to the next. I'm just wondering how many more Bill Self next seasons we will have. I'm guessing we could have anywhere between none and 11.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter wrote:"...I'm just wondering how many more Bill Self next seasons we will have. I'm guessing we could have anywhere between none and 11."
Damn, is it scary out there on that limb?
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:24 am
Gutter wrote:"...I'm just wondering how many more Bill Self next seasons we will have. I'm guessing we could have anywhere between none and 11."
No more scary as it was for off the top of my head, the Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa, VCU, Stanford, Wichita State, USC, Arkansas, and Gonzaga, players and coaches to face KU in the tournament.

As the not so great phogusher might respond to that..... Can a SUCKA ged a Gutta Meta in da hawz?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:10 am
Shirley wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:24 am
No more scary as it was for off the top of my head, the Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa, VCU, Stanford, Wichita State, USC, Arkansas, and Gonzaga, players and coaches to face KU in the tournament.

As the not so great phogusher might respond to that..... Can a SUCKA ged a Gutta Meta in da hawz?

If we're betting Self won't be the head coach at KU 12 years from now, I'll take it!
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Self can coach and game plan all he wants, but at the end of the day hunter is just too slow to rotate and defend. That's what Gonzaga did to beat us
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:28 am Self can coach and game plan all he wants, but at the end of the day hunter is just too slow to rotate and defend. That's what Gonzaga did to beat us
Unfortunately, I think you're right. We can be 1 seed good with HD, but winning 6 straight when it matters most? I don't see it.

Time to move on. We might be several years away from a real contender so we might as well start making that build.