Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by DCHawk1 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:21 pm Weren't people saying the Golden age was over in the mid/late 2010s? And then 2018 final 4 and then 2020 happened where we were ridiculously good and 2022 national championship
The Golden Age will persist as long as Bill does.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:22 pm There's also a possibility that Dedrick was always gonna be a terrible fit. Add in the fact that the other big offseason get turned out to be a terrible human, and things just fell apart.

Pray Furphy and KJ stay and then reload next year.

I guess.
Pray furphy stays. We need KJ next season, but I would prefer to never recruit another nonshooter again. Unless it is a center, you have to be able to shoot in modern basketball. Guys like KJ with no jumpshot, are a huge limiting factor on your offense, regardless of how elite they are at everything else
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But if Furphy and Dickinson left next season I don’t care.

KJ and Dajuan would be the guys I’d follow.

Future not bright.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

same boat

send oars
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Furphy coming back would be big. Like, maybe even all-conference sorta potential.

Hunter, too, I guess...but all jewelry bickering aside, I kinda wonder if Hunter forces us to play a certain way. Or if Hunter just leaves inevitable chinks in our armor, despite being a stat stuffer anyway. Or if another year in the system might yield Hunter a senior-Dok-like jump (no pun intended) in conditioning.

I guess my point is, with Hunter, we prob need another option at the 5...who is better at switching on D or recovering on D or blocking on D or something on D. And maybe even being a little more efficient or just more dynamic on O too, I dunno. Or maybe much of Hunter's problem this year was being constantly swarmed in the paint cuz defenses gambled on not guarding our perimeter.

I also kinda wonder if, like, just KJ and redshirt junior Zach would be enough front court. Could they compliment each other enough to be effective? KJ looked good scoring in the post against Cincy's scrubs, at least. If we could have that with Zach floating out for a jump shot threat, maybe? With Flory flowered in. If he could at least be like, freshman SDS levels of impact by March, that's a piece on a Final Four run.

I also wonder, guttermeterily speaking, just how much KJ's assets (explosive, strong, good passer, versatile D) outweigh his liabilities (poor rebounder, undersized, poor rebounder, no J, poor rebounder)

as for Dajuan, well, maybe can be "dragged into winning" by the right combo of other guys one more time yet...with one of those other guys pretty much needing to be, another guard.

just Saturday morning musing. Been a while since we had a weekend we didn't get to bump the gameday thread.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Furphy is "maybe all conference sorta potential"?

LOL.

Just maybe, huh?

Furphy has all american sorta potential if he returns. That's why he's going to be a 1st round pick this year.

HD needs a backup? Well, not sure if you're aware, but we have this guy named Bidunga coming (hopefully). He is what you described.

Just stop beating the fucking dead horse about Dajuan and Kj. It doesn't matter how many "i wonder if" questions you ask. They're both locked in as starters. Get over it. We don't need to go over it each and every single fucking day.

We get it. You think you know better than Self. Even though you watch zero practices, have limited understanding of basketball strategy, and seem to miss about half the games.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:00 am
We get it. You think you know better than (expert). Even though you watch/read zero (crucial background information), have limited understanding of (fill in the blank for topic/strategy), and seem to miss about half the (critical action/inputs/actual real life application)
I think you just created a Q template. Could be a fill in the blank epitaph or something.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

We all know DH and Kj have serious limitations. That's why they're 4/5/6 year players.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Furphy ain’t done jack$#t in the last 6 weeks. If the nba wants him. More power to him.

the kid had one good month in a JAYHAWK uniform.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:54 am
We get it. You think you know better than (expert). Even though you watch/read zero (crucial background information), have limited understanding of (fill in the blank for topic/strategy), and seem to miss about half the (critical action/inputs/actual real life application)
I think you just created a Q template. Could be a fill in the blank epitaph or something.
madlibs!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Furphy will be back I'm feeling. He kind of hit a freshman way and showed he can still gain a lot from another year in college, and 1st round is possible but uncertain. It's worth it for him to come back

I don't care if hunter comes back on not. He's good on offense but so slow, his style of play lead us to a 6th place finish in the big 12. That isn't all his fault but I put a huge part of the blame for the downfall of our defense on him
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Defense travels, and he couldn't win a single fucking road game this season, because our defense was terrible. Another year in college won't make hunter more mobile
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:41 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:54 am
madlibs!
Ha! yes! I forgot about those
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hunter coming back would absolutely help us win more games.
I don’t want him back.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:58 pm Hunter coming back would absolutely help us win more games.
I don’t want him back.
I think I'm there now too.

Sadly.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

depends what the alternative might be
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:23 pm depends what the alternative might be
Well, I was assuming the alternative was Bidunga. With Clemence as the back up. Which seems like the most likely scenario since there isn't a whole lot left out there HS wise, and the transfer market will be dried up by the time we get definite word about HD I'd have to imagine.

Our front court could be in a bad spot next year if we aren't careful. Maybe Clemence will have taken a huge leap?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:38 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:23 pm depends what the alternative might be
Well, I was assuming the alternative was Bidunga. With Clemence as the back up. Which seems like the most likely scenario since there isn't a whole lot left out there HS wise, and the transfer market will be dried up by the time we get definite word about HD I'd have to imagine.

Our front court could be in a bad spot next year if we aren't careful. Maybe Clemence will have taken a huge leap?
i was looking more full picture

Self specifically went after HD for his offensive and rebounding numbers (a “20 and 10” guy). if we can get something comparable from other positions on the floor, then i wouldn’t think twice about him leaving

any word on the indiana(?) commit that reopened his recruitment?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'll pass on Hunter round 2.

His stats are great, but he's not a winner.

Got to find something somewhere to reconfigure the roster though.

I think he'll be back, I think his options beyond college are limited.

I think Furphy is back, I think Jamari stays. I dont know about Elmarko, no feeling on that one - could go either way. I sort of feel like Clemence might transfer again, although, not sure why he would.
Just Ledoux it