Loose boards cause falls?

Kansas Basketball.
DrPepper

Loose boards cause falls?

Post by DrPepper »

https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/2022/ ... le-injury/

The video (in the tweet, in the article) shows the floorboard moving when Bacot goes down. Now I want to see if Manek tripped on an edge in the final seconds.

I don’t remember which article it was I read, but the joke was KU had used some voodoo dolls for all the injuries to the opposition thru out the tournament.
Last edited by DrPepper on Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnholyLivingDead

Re: Loose boards cause falls?

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Manek was on the opposite side of the lane from where Bacot rolled his ankle. He stepped on Och's foot trying to get around a screen.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

A lot of BS opinions from sports media personalities that KU wasn't better than UNC, just "healthier".
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Doesn't matter.

By the end of the season i believe UNC was a top 10 team. And we beat them.

Champs.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the basketball gods are still punishing unc for 2003.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

From a UNC perspective, I get it. It's commonplace for fans to cling to some excuse for why their team didn't REALLY lose or get outplayed. Usually it's the refs. UNC had injuries so that's what they can hang their hat on.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That board was definitely loose.
But more to blame is how out of sorts and sped up our defense made them in the second half - and, when down 3, taking Steph Curry distance guarded 3's to tie rather than maybe moving the ball to find a better shot.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... nufacturer

The floor is designed to to that and had nothing to do with his ankle roll. Frankly, the springiness of the floor probably allowed him to play as well as he did despite the severely sprained ankle he clearly has.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:17 am From a UNC perspective, I get it. It's commonplace for fans to cling to some excuse for why their team didn't REALLY lose or get outplayed. Usually it's the refs. UNC had injuries so that's what they can hang their hat on.
It's no different than Trumpers seeing people unloading crates out of a van and assuming that someone is bringing in ballots to cheat when it's actually just a bunch of camera equipment. We see what we want to see. As you said, it's commonplace for fans to find a way to blame someone else for their team's failures.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:03 am A lot of BS opinions from sports media personalities that KU wasn't better than UNC, just "healthier".
Fine by me. We won the title and nothing, including the ncaa, can change that. I saw it with my own eyes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dave's foot was bothering him all season.
Remy just came back from a lingering knee injury.
Pettiford was out.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:23 am https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... nufacturer

The floor is designed to to that and had nothing to do with his ankle roll. Frankly, the springiness of the floor probably allowed him to play as well as he did despite the severely sprained ankle he clearly has.
Good stuff, twocoach. Thanks for the link.
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

No one made excuses for us when Alexander, Embiid, Dok and Covid happened.

Get over it, unc. Maybe next year.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I'm sorry I posted this. I wish I had read the twitter conversation first.
I have found UNC fans to be remarkably complimentary this year (and I read their boards).
With the exception of the one person who wrote this little ditty that I linked to (which I will now refer to as clickbait), other UNC fans have shot it down as not factual and, better yet, just the destiny of the game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:53 am I'm sorry I posted this. I wish I had read the twitter conversation first.
I have found UNC fans to be remarkably complimentary this year (and I read their boards).
With the exception of the one person who wrote this little ditty that I linked to (which I will now refer to as clickbait), other UNC fans have shot it down as not factual and, better yet, just the destiny of the game.
There's still a few out there arguing (with me) about it. It's all good. Honestly, they have handled this loss better than most other teams we beat. No one but KSU and Mizzou fans are whining about the refs.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:23 am https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... nufacturer

Getting ready for the lawsuit . . .
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They kinda were playing with a ton of house money.
Hubert's first season?
Sending their bitter rival's longtime coach with two L's that will be etched into his/their history forever?
In the Final Four? As an 8 seed?

Yea.
That's pretty good.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

loose boards?

thought this thread was about kcrim…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

but seriously, what a hilarious excuse

and yes, they were injured and banged up, but is that KU’s fault?

excuses are like assholes…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine if Norm Stewart had coached for four more seasons and announced his retirement in Bill Self's first year. And imagine they, MIZZOU, were a possible 1/2 seed that season.

Then imagine Simien, Langford, Miles and Giddens blowing them out in Colombia.
Then imagine, we met them in an elite 8 game, us an 8 seed and them a 2, for their first chance at a Final Four and we won. Then went on to loose in the title game.

It'd be like that.
I remember just being happy with that elite 8 v GTech.