Loose boards cause falls?

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Loose boards cause falls?

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:45 am but seriously, what a hilarious excuse

and yes, they were injured and banged up, but is that KU’s fault?

excuses are like assholes…
I am not a sports injury expert but I'd guess that the already severely injured ankle probably had more of an impact on that play than the 2 millimeters of give by that floor board.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Also, there were 5 seconds on the shot clock under a minute to go in the game.

A. He wasn't going to get a good shot off in that spot (he looked like he was about to travel when he rolled his ankle)
B. He was available for the first 39 minutes in that game. It's not like he got hurt in the first half when they were up 16.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You guys care about this more than UNC does. Enjoy the win, or worry about something more worthwhile like Danny's house, banners, and jersey fonts.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:43 am You guys care about this more than UNC does. Enjoy the win, or worry about something more worthwhile like Danny's house, banners, and jersey fonts.
lol

isn’t this your thread?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

UNC was a lucky draw for us because they are like Baylor this year. They could not shoot worth a damn against Duke either.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

UNC was dog tired. they fell down. floor wasn't an issue. Floor didn't stop Manek from standing up after he fell down....his exhaustion did.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:22 pm UNC was dog tired. they fell down. floor wasn't an issue. Floor didn't stop Manek from standing up after he fell down....his exhaustion did.
That was the weirdest shit. I get up faster than that from a nap.

I wonder if that play was designed for him and he just got nervous and didn't want to shoot. Especially happening moments after he threw it outta bounds to no one in particular.

Old people get out of baths less gingerly than that. You'd think a college athlete on the brink of sending a title game into overtime to bounce up quickly.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

My favorite part about the whole after effects of Bacot going down, is all the KU fans on social media throwing their nose to the sky and saying how KU is the standard for sportsmanship because instead of attacking 5 on 4, they let him get back in the play so the refs could stop it. Allowing UNC to get 5 healthy players in.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You subbing in for Illy?

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Do you honestly believe KU pulled the ball out while up 1 with 40 seconds left for sportsmanship?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:39 pm My favorite part about the whole after effects of Bacot going down, is all the KU fans on social media throwing their nose to the sky and saying how KU is the standard for sportsmanship because instead of attacking 5 on 4, they let him get back in the play so the refs could stop it. Allowing UNC to get 5 healthy players in.
i asked the other day if there were any comments from coaches or players about it…i’ve still not read anything

a couple media folks put the sportsmanship narrative out there, so it’s not just KU fans

personally, i thought they should have attacked and was yelling at the TV when JW was just standing there with the ball
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

No, but if someone else thought that I wouldn't feel the need to make fun of them on a message board either.

You're only previous post today was about low ticket prices to downplay the large tv viewing audience for the title game.

So, you're being consistent.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:57 pm No, but if someone else thought that I wouldn't feel the need to make fun of them on a message board either.

You're only previous post today was about low ticket prices to downplay the large tv viewing audience for the title game.

If it was one person, I think it was an odd take on the play and move on. It got my attention when I started seeing more comments and retweets with comments like (paraphrasing) "This is why we're better than everyone else" and "I'm more proud of this act than I am the win".

And how is that being consistent? Those two posts couldn't be any less related.

I wasn't trying to downplay anything, simply stating it was interesting, to me, to see records broke on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to watching the same game. I would guess that's not common.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

What was Self trying to tell Wilson to do? Can anyone detect a 'go go go' signal vs a 'kill some clock' vs 'hold up; man down' message from Coach?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Judging by his, along with Och's and Dave's, reaction to the whistle, I think it's safe to say they weren't exactly thrilled play was stopped.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:06 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:57 pm No, but if someone else thought that I wouldn't feel the need to make fun of them on a message board either.

If it was one person, I think it was an odd take on the play and move on. It got my attention when I started seeing more comments and retweets with comments like (paraphrasing) "This is why we're better than everyone else" and "I'm more proud of this act than I am the win".

And how is that being consistent? Those two posts couldn't be any less related.

I wasn't trying to downplay anything, simply stating it was interesting, to me, to see records broke on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to watching the same game. I would guess that's not common.
What's interesting is I saw one or two comments saying something about it showing sportsmanship, but never anything like what you're posting and I've been consuming as much KU content as I can.

The commonality is how Illy-like they were. like I said, you seem to be subbing in for him to keep KU fans in check.

As for the ticket price/tv disparity it makes perfect sense. You have two Blue Blood teams with rich histories. That draws a lot of eyes to the tv. At the same time, you had to other Basketball rich programs, plus the allure of K's last game, in the Final Four buying up tickets and hotel rooms. When Villanova, Dook, and K, lost, those people tried to dump their tickets, but they still occupied hotels which are limiting in NOLA, had booked flights which became cost prohibitive, etc, so it's not like there could be a sudden increase in KU/UNC fans just for the final because the other two fan bases were still there, but no longer interested in the game.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

last 3 minutes:

https://youtu.be/uaDJFXOVF2E

DMac definitely looking like he wanted to attack

nobody else really showing anything one way or the other
Last edited by KUTradition on Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I posted this before but in that spot, up 1, with 40 ish seconds to go and 20 ish seconds on the shot clock, I think we played it correctly.

Yes, we had a 5 on 4, but there's a good chance we rush that shot, and if we do, UNC has a 1 point deficit, and a full shot clock, so not only can they set up whatever they want, they can use up the shot clock and put us in a bad spot, down 1 or 2. Even if we make it, we're leaving them a lot of time on the clock to extend the game.

If we do what we did, we're up 3 and they have 20 seconds left. If we miss, it's still leaving less time for us to have defend a final possession.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:31 pm I posted this before but in that spot, up 1, with 40 ish seconds to go and 20 ish seconds on the shot clock, I think we played it correctly.

Yes, we had a 5 on 4, but there's a good chance we rush that shot, and if we do, UNC has a 1 point deficit, and a full shot clock, so not only can they set up whatever they want, they can use up the shot clock and put us in a bad spot, down 1 or 2. Even if we make it, we're leaving them a lot of time on the clock to extend the game.

If we do what we did, we're up 3 and they have 20 seconds left. If we miss, it's still leaving less time for us to have defend a final possession.
totally agree

in the moment i wanted them to attack, but in hindsight what transpired was best
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:37 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:31 pm I posted this before but in that spot, up 1, with 40 ish seconds to go and 20 ish seconds on the shot clock, I think we played it correctly.

totally agree

in the moment i wanted them to attack, but in hindsight what transpired was best
Oh, totally, I was yelling at the tv to attack.