Loose boards cause falls?

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Loose boards cause falls?

Post by twocoach »

Hats off to Remy for the blocked shot just prior to the Bacot injury. Without that, Carolina has a basket and Bacot may still be in the game at the end because he never runs the possession that he reinjured that ankle.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:55 pm Hats off to Remy for the blocked shot just prior to the Bacot injury. Without that, Carolina has a basket and Bacot may still be in the game at the end because he never runs the possession that he reinjured that ankle.
Yes.

And the three he hits at 2:40 was so clutch. And right after that nervous moment when it looked like Dave may have thrown it away.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:58 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:55 pm Hats off to Remy for the blocked shot just prior to the Bacot injury. Without that, Carolina has a basket and Bacot may still be in the game at the end because he never runs the possession that he reinjured that ankle.
Yes.

And the three he hits at 2:40 was so clutch. And right after that nervous moment when it looked like Dave may have thrown it away.
Rewatching the 2nd half again.

Agbaji and one thanks to Dave's seal off to tie it
Dave defensive stop of Bacot
Remy three
Harris steal
Wilson and one

Those are consecutive possessions after the Carolina dunk at 11:01. That was a legendary run.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

can't believe less than a minute left in the championship game, down by 1 and their gimpy center is driving from the 3-point arc. was that really what hubie drew up? if dave did that some of us would have been apoplectic.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

hoopla wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:11 pm can't believe less than a minute left in the championship game, down by 1 and their gimpy center is driving from the 3-point arc. was that really what hubie drew up? if dave did that some of us would have been apoplectic.
Especially if he had been noticeably limping on an injured foot the entire game.

Ah, it's so nice to end the year talking about buying photos of DMac's title clinching shot and making fun of the other team's center who lost possession of the ball without being touched.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

hoopla wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:11 pm can't believe less than a minute left in the championship game, down by 1 and their gimpy center is driving from the 3-point arc. was that really what hubie drew up? if dave did that some of us would have been apoplectic.
That possession was dead for them the second Remy blocked the ball out of bounds.

I think some media and prolly some UNC fans are acting like he'd have scored their if not for the ankle roll....The ankle rolled because he was a fish out of water. He was out of position, out of his element, and well-defended, desperately trying to get a shot off before the shot clock expired.

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Imo he rolled his ankle because the floor was fucked up.

Bad breaks are part of sports.

Maybe he would have scored. Maybe he wouldn't have scored. We will never know.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Someone posted an article stating the floor is supposed to give like that.

But phd is right.
Dave had him covered.
He was gonna miss.
Deleted User 863

We've had enough miracle bank ins and slop shots go in against us over the years that I am just not bothered by favorable roads or good breaks. That's part of the tournament and sports in general. It doesn't discount anything for me.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:21 pm Someone posted an article stating the floor is supposed to give like that.

But phd is right.
Dave had him covered.
He was gonna miss.

fish outta water.

end of story.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:00 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:21 pm Someone posted an article stating the floor is supposed to give like that.

But phd is right.
Dave had him covered.
He was gonna miss.

fish outta water.

end of story.
Well, there was some flopping around on the floor.
Defense. Rebounds.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Fate may have intervened and it's about damn time. We have had enough bad breaks over the years.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

there was nothing wrong with the floor, unless one thinks all “pro” courts are flawed

they’re designed to give a bit. i’m not sure exactly for what purpose…probably because it’s less impactful on the body’s joints

the Phog and Horejsi both have similarly designed floors, unless i’m mistaken
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

The floors are designed to give, but i do not think they are supposed to "give" quite that much.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:10 pm Imo he rolled his ankle because the floor was fucked up.

IMO he rolled his ankle because his ankle was already fucked up and because his shoes and tape job were too stiff.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:11 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:10 pm Imo he rolled his ankle because the floor was fucked up.

IMO he rolled his ankle because his ankle was already fucked up and because his shoes and tape job were too stiff.
Right. Guy already has an injured ankle, He's 6'10" 260, making a movement unlike anything he's done all night...must be the floor...the same floor he and 16 other guys were playing on all night.

Deleted User 863

You can literally see the board pop up. That wasn't happening every time someone stopped abruptly. It wasn't normal imo.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:29 am You can literally see the board pop up. That wasn't happening every time someone stopped abruptly. It wasn't normal imo.
You watched every single hard cut every player made for that game zoomed in and under slow motion?

Because you couldn't see the board move in real time on the normal telecast when he sprained it, so you wouldn't see it happening at other times either.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

show of hands - who here has actually ever played on such a floor?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:34 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:29 am You can literally see the board pop up. That wasn't happening every time someone stopped abruptly. It wasn't normal imo.
You watched every single hard cut every player made for that game zoomed in and under slow motion?

Because you couldn't see the board move in real time on the normal telecast when he sprained it, so you wouldn't see it happening at other times either.
THIS. It is literally the only play of the game where people are paying attention to the floor. For all I know, this happens 25 times a game and we have no clue because we never see zoomed in slo-mo captures of it.