NBA Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:23 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:18 am Quin Snyder stepping down from Jazz HC.
The stop in Utah was just to build up his resume so he could be the next head coach at Mizzou when it opens up again.
i don’t think there’s enough popcorn
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:12 am I think the leave has to do with him knowing they are about to blow the team up and rebuild. Gobert and Mitchell hate each other and it doesn't sound like the locker room is behind one or the other. I think the only way they can avoid a complete rebuild is to do a sign and trade with Phoenix with Gobert for Ayton, since he seems even less likely to play for the Suns again than Gobert and Mitchell are to team up again.
The Ayton situation if baffling to me. But sounds like he's possibly on the move to somewhere else.

Snyder won't be unemployed long, unless he wants to. He did a pretty good job with the Jazz it seems like. But sounds like a dysfunctional situation in the locker room.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:12 am I think the leave has to do with him knowing they are about to blow the team up and rebuild. Gobert and Mitchell hate each other and it doesn't sound like the locker room is behind one or the other. I think the only way they can avoid a complete rebuild is to do a sign and trade with Phoenix with Gobert for Ayton, since he seems even less likely to play for the Suns again than Gobert and Mitchell are to team up again.
fwiw, Mitchell seems like the bigger fan fav locally
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

hmm
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This finals sucks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No it doesn’t.
But Draymond Green does.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Draymond Green committed about 20 fouls last night. Watching him yell at the refs for actually getting called for a foul on a sequence where they ignored his first two fouls and finally called the third when he jumped on top of a Celtics player for a loose ball was absurd.

If it was your typically, corny ass "what?!?" then I would ignore it. But you can tell he is legit telling the refs how bad they suck and is completely convinced that he is right. One of the most annoying NBA players right now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He really is.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

...and on the other side of the ball, you got Marcus Smart banking in 3s.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And Al Horford throwing full court passes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And if Steph is out, Warriors are done.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Honestly, I'd rather see Wiggs get the ring than Miles, since Wiggs at least still an active player.

But, does Wiggs know that?

Not that he hasn't been playing well. But down the stretch last night, I had to remind myself he was an all star on a max deal in the finals.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:54 am And if Steph is out, Warriors are done.
yeah, that's what prompted me to post that this finals sucks.

Looose ball, there's yet another pro wrestling dogpile, and at the bottom Steph is hurt.

Draymond is old and crazy. Klay has potential to produce but still feels like a shell of his healthy self. Wiggins is just so damn Canadian. And that leaves Steph, the goat shooter, but maybe hurt now too.

And I just dunno how I feel about Jayson Tatum. Yea he's good, but there's just some taint to him. Maybe it's cuz he's a Dookie who's also from Mizzou, gross.

And I DO know how I feel about Marcus Smart. He's a turd, and the last guy I wanna see banking in 3's down the stretch in a finals game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the silver lining:

at least Paul Pierce strutting around the garden is fun.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, how many finals in recent years have been defined more than anything by injuries?

Last time dubs were in it, we watched Klay and Durant's leg tendons disintegrate in HD.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:54 am And if Steph is out, Warriors are done.
The 17,000 days between games should help.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't understand that comment.
They play tomorrow.