Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by Overlander »

Much like Smart, he is a great disruptor
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:31 pm
Overlander wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:23 pm I have said it many times.
I would hate Green if I played against him.
I would want him in my team
As a 3rd or 4th or 5th best player, he's very valuable. He has the rings to prove it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGTIq4yO-og
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Refs missed a push off on Klay against Smart. Then rewarded Poole for an acting job against Smart.

Smart deserves everything that comes his way flop wise, but those 2 missed calls, plus a quick T against Smart, really just gave this game and likely the series to GS.

Let the players decide the games. Not the whistle.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t like when refs change momentum like that at all.

Pretty bad.

But Celtics had a billion turnovers and Wiggins was a STUD.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:36 pm I don’t like when refs change momentum like that at all.

Pretty bad.
They had a couple bad ones and a quick T all in a short time span. It was over after that.

Also gave the celtics coach a quick T earlier in the game which seemed odd because he wasn't all that animated and the warriors players and coaches can pretty much do/say whatever they want.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Draymond Green is jumping up and down on the court like a baby throwing tantrums and nothing happens. Yea.

Maybe in Boston he can get revert back to shitty Green and get T'd up.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Marcus Smart has no one to blame but himself for that no call. If I were a betting man I’ll put the odds at 999:1 against him getting that call in the future. Marcus was lucky he didn’t get a T for flopping

What annoys me is time and again the defending player gets pushed into a screener and they call a foul on the player being pushed. Especially on an off-ball screen when the defender is looking to get underneath the screen. Ridiculous. Happened to Klay at least once in each of the past three games
Deleted User 863

Nah, Marcus Smart had a few calls/no calls go against him. He definitely has plenty of flops go his way, but there were a few really bad calls against the Celtics last night. I am generally not someone who critisizes refs because I have refereed basketball and it's tough...but this is the NBA finals.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CexTFkYF ... MyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CexLkwcD ... MyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CexUboJg ... MyMTA2M2Y=
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:43 pm Draymond Green is jumping up and down on the court like a baby throwing tantrums and nothing happens. Yea.

Maybe in Boston he can get revert back to shitty Green and get T'd up.
Green would get ejected from every game he plays in if they applied the same rules to him that are applied to everyone else.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:12 pm Refs missed a push off on Klay against Smart. Then rewarded Poole for an acting job against Smart.

Smart deserves everything that comes his way flop wise, but those 2 missed calls, plus a quick T against Smart, really just gave this game and likely the series to GS.

Let the players decide the games. Not the whistle.
Basketball refs suck at every level of the sport. High School, college, NBA, every level. The modern game has passed by the antiquated methods of today's refereeing. They need another ref on the floor and they need to be consistent. You cannot compete on a level playing field in a sport where the rules, and the application of them, are constantly changing.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

have you ever ref'ed a game? any game? at any level?
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:01 am have you ever ref'ed a game? any game? at any level?
Yes. Worst experience was when I was behind home plate.
1 run game, bottom of the 6th (final inning), full count. Perfect pitch down the center of the plate. Before I can say strike 3 the batter is out, the batter starts to run to first as if it was a ball. I knew no matter what I called (ball/strike) I was going to get attacked by one of the teams. It was a no win situation. I called the batter out and several players got in my face. Despite my feeling I was 100% correct with my call.
Decided after that game I will never subject myself to that again - and I haven't.

Point of my sharing that is, imagine being a professional ref/official and your call/non-call (RIGHT OR WRONG) completely fucked a team and their fan base. In this era of social media and the whackos that exist, I say - no thanks. I'll take a hard pass.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

not to go full Qusdahl, but the NBA sure does love their game 7s.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

One more game like last night and does Wiggins get the Finals MVP?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

japhy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:42 am One more game like last night and does Wiggins get the Finals MVP?
If Steph has another horrible shooting night, and Wiggs has another game like last night, and he comes up big in the 4th, and they win, - still probably not.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:37 am not to go full Qusdahl, but the NBA sure does love their game 7s.
NBA has been fixed since the 80’s
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

japhy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:42 am One more game like last night and does Wiggins get the Finals MVP?
Would probably need two more big games and the Game 7 win.

Regardless, he's kind of been the story of the Finals so far.

He's been on a dang heater ever since getting the vaccine. Should use that for marketing.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:10 am
Would probably need two more big games and the Game 7 win.

Regardless, he's kind of been the story of the Finals so far.

He's been on a dang heater ever since getting the vaccine. Should use that for marketing.
Microchips are amazing!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I just wonder if there is some psychology behind him getting widely criticized for what was the first time in his life--at least to that scale.

A lot has been written about his fit with the Warriors and the culture, and that's all true, but he has been in a peak mindset all season. Throwing dunk posters, playing all-league caliber defense, getting back to how he's capable of rebounding. He's just been a winner.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

It’s always been about his mindset. When he’s aggressive and focused he’s an absolute beast. I also think he’s better as Robin than a Batman.