Pinch me?

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Pinch me?

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:11 am a lot of evidence for why natty’s are overrated by most
We have 4 now, it's time for KU fans to drop this act.

We just got done listening to Self say for the last 3 weeks that we are too light on Natty's. For years now, our own coach has said the tournament is the ultimate judge.

Sorry Newton, that feeling you're having right now, some here think it's overrated.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

They're underrated by this board, if anything.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:17 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:11 am a lot of evidence for why natty’s are overrated by most
We have 4 now, it's time for KU fans to drop this act.

We just got done listening to Self say for the last 3 weeks that we are too light on Natty's. For years now, our own coach has said the tournament is the ultimate judge.

Sorry Newton, that feeling you're having right now, some here think it's overrated.
i think natty’s are great, but i also think too much weight is put on them when talking about the success of a coach or team

we can disagree…it’s ok
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:21 am They're underrated by this board, if anything.
And it's obvious why.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't recall anyone overrating the run as it was unfolding those last few weekends in march and the first weekend in april. seems like it was receiving the proper rating.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:25 am
hasbeen wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:21 am They're underrated by this board, if anything.
And it's obvious why.
cuz KU fans are some of the most knowledgeable in the country?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:22 am i think natty’s are great, but i also think too much weight is put on them when talking about the success of a coach or team
we can disagree…it’s ok
This.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We caught some breaks in this bracket.

I'm fine with that, doesn't diminish the accomplishment.

We've had so many bad breaks, we were due, and are probably still due some tournament 'luck'.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

absolutely
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Like Coach said “These things don’t fall off of trees”
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:40 am We caught some breaks in this bracket.

We've had so many bad breaks, we were due, and are probably still due some tournament 'luck'.
Agreed. Frankly, this season confirms that you have to catch some breaks to win the tourney if you aren't an absolutely dominant team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:00 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:40 am We caught some breaks in this bracket.

Agreed. Frankly, this season confirms that you have to catch some breaks to win the tourney if you aren't an absolutely dominant team.
That and this.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

To me it just proves how elusive and valuable they are. The entire KU fan base has been deliriously happy for over a week now. If titles were overrated then that would not be the case.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:25 am
And it's obvious why.
Feels like it is to minimize the frustration of not getting one when the team seems like they were good enough to do it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:11 pm
To me it just proves how elusive and valuable they are. The entire KU fan base has been deliriously happy for over a week now. If titles were overrated then that would not be the case.
only overrated in the sense that they are used to judge the success of a team or coach…which i’ve already said

they’re an important metric, but not the end all be all

do you think Calhoun was/is a better coach than Self? he’s got 3 to Self’s 2
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"To me it just proves how elusive and valuable they are. The entire KU fan base has been deliriously happy for over a week now. If titles were overrated then that would not be the case."

Something can be very elusive and valuable and can make you deliriously happy but can also be overrated.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

tijuana donkey show
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:14 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:11 pm
only overrated in the sense that they are used to judge the success of a team or coach…which i’ve already said

they’re an important metric, but not the end all be all

do you think Calhoun was/is a better coach than Self? he’s got 3 to Self’s 2
I don't think Calhoun is better than Self at coaching, but Calhoun is more than just 3 titles. He is 3rd in all time victories it looks like.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Titles mean a lot. They're not the end all be all.

Illy does enough strawman-ing around here.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Not much more than any of the rest of you.