Pinch me?

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Pinch me?

Post by MICHHAWK »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:39 pm i think it’s absolutely true that the teams mentioned would have been favored in a series matchup
then i guess it's our luck that the ncaa tournament is not a best of 7.

this thread has really gone to a weird place for me. we are trying to convince ourselves the national championship is overrated. and that we were not the best team. weird.

this is the kind of conversation you have when you lose in the tournament. not when you win the damn thing. weird.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s the kind of conversation reasonable, educated people have
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Match-ups are everything in a one-loss tournament. We were due. But hitting a VCU or UNI at their peak confidence and play happens frequently. St. Petes over-performed until they scared themselves out of the tournament. It is so often when you see a team. UNC was nothing like it had been earlier. Final Four Kansas reminded me quite a bit of the early season scoring machine. KU did not play a UT ugly it up lucky draw in the tourney. But was capable of beating every team in it this year. The late season surge reminded me of 1988.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:47 pm National Titles are overrated. What matters are the pre-season dubs we remember for purely personal reasons and the friends we made along the way.
I don't even think it's the preseason dubs. What really matters, and is the most important, are the arguments and speculation regarding what just happened and what is to happen.

This shit is too much, and a reminder of why I lost interest.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How dare we talk about Kansas basketball, and what the National Championship means to us, on a Kansas basketball bored.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:02 pm How dare we talk about Kansas basketball, and what the National Championship means to us, on a Kansas basketball bored.
you think whatever you want.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Correct.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Best is subjective.

National Champions is not.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:10 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:00 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:40 am We caught some breaks in this bracket.

I'm fine with that, doesn't diminish the accomplishment.

We've had so many bad breaks, we were due, and are probably still due some tournament 'luck'.
Agreed. Frankly, this season confirms that you have to catch some breaks to win the tourney if you aren't an absolutely dominant team.
That and this.
hell even when you're dominant

Hell we were dominant in 2020 and there was no fucking tourney
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I thought the thread title was a bat signal for Lobster.

Once of the many nice things about KU winning the NC is that when I wear my white KU hat I get a lot more Rock Chalks these days. Helps soften the blow when I get the occasional someone thinking KU is (stands for) Kentucky.
At least now I can respond - Sorry, not Kentucky. Current National Champion/s KANSAS. I might add a ROCK CHALK back that them too - just to confuse them even more.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I am not yet tired of getting on calls and having people from other places ask if I’m a KU guy, and so on.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I think Self performs better the more familiar he is with a team/program.

See: Big 12 record

That’s why I think he would win a lot more 7 games series than others do. I think only Gonzaga would have a chance to beat KU this year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:51 am I think Self performs better the more familiar he is with a team/program.

That’s why I think he would win a lot more 7 games series than others do. I think only Gonzaga would have a chance to beat KU this year.
Absolutely correct.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:51 am I think Self performs better the more familiar he is with a team/program.

Plus, you know, who is a better adjuster than Self? No one. Not in-game, not game-to-game.

Someone may have said this, but he almost never loses series.
Deleted User 863

I think Few would struggle with the other top coaches in 7 game series.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Also imagining Gonzaga try and go through the grind of several postseason series after that joke of a conference schedule.

We always talk about the night in, night out of the Big 12.
Deleted User 863

How often do their coaches "really" break down film or gameplan in a meaningful way? Not often. Especially because early in the season, when many of their "real" games take place, there isn't much film to study.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No idea, but I'm sure that side of the staff misses Tommy Lloyd.