5 Fairly Quick and Easy Questions for Easter Sunday

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 Fairly Quick and Easy Questions for Easter Sunday

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate - and those of you who don't too.

1. Be honest. I will be kind and/or gentle (or non-responsive) no matter your response. Do you truly believe Jesus was resurrected?

2. Without knowing what the roster will be, how far do you think the KU Mens Basketball Team will go in the 2023 NCAA Tournament?

3. You must attend a music festival and YOU get to pick TWO headliners that will perform. It is outdoors and there are 57,500 people in a large stadium. Your seat/s are in the 10th row, center, on the field. It can be any CURRENT musician/band. Who do you choose?

4. Two parter.....
a) Isiah Thomas once said of Larry Bird, "If Bird (Larry) was black, he'd be just another good player."
If Jackie Robinson was white, would he be just another "good" player?

b) Rate these shoes on a scale of 0-100 (0 being the worst/least favorite shoes you have ever seen and 100 being the best/most favorite shoes you have ever seen).

5. Without giving it too much thought, name TWO things you own that you would guess no one else on here owns.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 5 Fairly Quick and Easy Questions for Easter Sunday

Post by pdub »

1. No
2. Kinda need that info ( roster ) but I will be conservative and say S16.
3. Dale Diamond and Hawklin singing karaoke
4. He was really good so no, not just another good player. Break up with her.
5. A German Shepard Dachshund mix. A bar with a Satellite on it.

Happy Easter/Passover.
Ham goes in soon.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

1. No - but if people do believe it and they use their belief for positive things in their and other's lives - terrific.
2. Elite 8
3. Giving it minimal thought..... Put Jimmy Page + Robert Plant + John Paul Jones + a great drummer together, and have them play Led Zep songs. Dale Diamond and Hawklin singing karaoke together.
4. a. The 1949 season alone establishes him as a former "great" player to me.
b. 73.985
5. There are literally a thousand things I (and most other people) could list. Sitting in my living room and looking on a shelf - a Hebru Brantley sculpture and a pic of my (micro share) horse in the winner's circle after it won the Kentucky Derby.

Happy Easter/Passover/Ramadan!
Pizza to be eaten for dinner later.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) I did for a very long time. Not sure now.
2) NC or Bust.
3) Nope, not going. I hate crowds like that.
4) 60, I'm not much of a shoe guy and those aren't obnoxious.
5) My heavy duty Kitchen Aid stand mixer and a copy of Lynyrd Skynyd Street Survivors with the band enveloped in flames, from before the crash.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. No
2. impossible to answer without the roster...minimum sweet 16
3. Tyler Childers and Ryan Bingham.(live Dale but boy do I get a lot of front row seats to those events)
4. a. No he was a great player
b. 50
5. I have no idea what anyone has or doesn't have
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I change my answer to #3. I didnt read the whole question until reading 99s answer...

yea....im not going with 60k people...Ill listen at home.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

1. No
2. Final 4
3. Zac Brown Band & Dave Matthews Band
4. No clue / 20
5. English Setter / autographed Mario Chalmers jersey (not adidas jersey though, some off brand)
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. No
2. F4
3. I was at Desert Trip in 2016. Only somewhat of a disappointment was Dylan although he was just awarded the Nobel Prize the day before. So, yeah, better seats to that lineup
4. a - Isiah Thomas is a sore loser and a sorer winner.
b- 51
5. JFK Berlin speech on a 45 record. Too many rose plants
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

1. No
2. E8
3. Zac Brown Band and Chris Stapleton
4a. No
4b. 20
5. (1) a custom arcade cabinet with my name on the marquee; (2) hoverskates (they're my older daughter's, but I own 'em)
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

1. Yes
2. 16
3. Turnpike troubadours & widespread panic
4.no
4. 50
5. Autographed dave the hammer Schultz jersey

Drum stick from Queen ida’s drummer
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im seeing Turnpike Troubadours in June. First concert im going to in about 7 years or so.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:03 pm 1. No
2. E8
4a. No
4b. 20
5. (1) a custom arcade cabinet with my name on the marquee; (2) hoverskates (they're my older daughter's, but I own 'em)
Stapleton is awesome in concert. sounds the same Live (or better) than he does on record.

what the hell is a hover skate?
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:25 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:03 pm 1. No
2. E8
4a. No
4b. 20
Stapleton is awesome in concert. sounds the same Live (or better) than he does on record.

what the hell is a hover skate?
They don’t actually hover. Just basically individual foot Segways.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Some good answers!
So far.....

#1 6 no. 1 yes. 1 not sure. I would guess in this country the ratio would be more yeses.

#2. Various responses. Not a single we won't play in the 2023 tournament. While doubtful that will happen, it's not a certainty we will. For multiple reasons.

#3 Two Zac Brown fans. I have to be honest, I would prefer looking at and speaking with (and having sex with?) the women at a Zac Brown concert than listening to the music. Not that I don't like/appreciate the music but there are probably 5,000 bands/musicians I would prefer to see perform.

#4 I fully shamefully admit I really didn't realize just how good of a player J.R. was until I looked up his stats. As far as the shoes, I love the colors and materials and will definitely pay up (more than retail - because I probably won't/can't get them retail) to get them.

#5 MICH and I may not be all that different after all. I have multiple autographed hockey jerseys but my favorite may be an L.A. Kings "greats" autographed jersey - and I have acquired many used drum sticks.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:24 am Some good answers!
So far.....

#1 6 no. 1 yes. 1 not sure. I would guess in this country the ratio would be more yeses.

#2. Various responses. Not a single we won't play in the 2023 tournament. While doubtful that will happen, it's not a certainty we will. For multiple reasons.

#3 Two Zac Brown fans. I have to be honest, I would prefer looking at and speaking with (and having sex with?) the women at a Zac Brown concert than listening to the music. Not that I don't like/appreciate the music but there are probably 5,000 bands/musicians I would prefer to see perform.

#4 I fully shamefully admit I really didn't realize just how good of a player J.R. was until I looked up his stats. As far as the shoes, I love the colors and materials and will definitely pay up (more than retail - because I probably won't/can't get them retail) to get them.

#5 MICH and I may not be all that different after all. I have multiple autographed hockey jerseys but my favorite may be an L.A. Kings "greats" autographed jersey - and I have acquired many used drum sticks.
I will say you never know with live shows - I was blown away by how fun Kid Rock was live (despite not caring much either way about his music). Conversely, the Black Keys were atrocious live, which really surprised me.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I agree about Kid Rock putting on a good show - when I saw him.
Sometimes there is inconsistency. Such as, I have seen a HORRIBLE Dave Matthews concert and I have seen a really good Dave Matthews concert.
My first Grateful Dead show I fell asleep on the lawn.
I have seen the Rolling Stones in an 80,000 seat stadium and I have seen them perform for less than 2,000 people. Hard to compare the different concerts based on the different settings.
Pearl Jam absolutely blew me away in 1992. One of my top 3 favorite musical performances. They were good but I wouldn't say "great" the last time I saw them at Wrigley Field. Probably about 500 on my list of favorite concerts.
Also, for me, a lot has to do with what mood I am in and who I am with.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:19 am I agree about Kid Rock putting on a good show - when I saw him.
Sometimes there is inconsistency. Such as, I have seen a HORRIBLE Dave Matthews concert and I have seen a really good Dave Matthews concert.
My first Grateful Dead show I fell asleep on the lawn.
I have seen the Rolling Stones in an 80,000 seat stadium and I have seen them perform for less than 2,000 people. Hard to compare the different concerts based on the different settings.
Pearl Jam absolutely blew me away in 1992. One of my top 3 favorite musical performances. They were good but I wouldn't say "great" the last time I saw them at Wrigley Field. Probably about 500 on my list of favorite concerts.
Also, for me, a lot has to do with what mood I am in and who I am with.
There's also very much such a thing as the right venue for the right artist; I'm guessing the Black Keys would have been a lot better in a sub-arena setting. Conversely, I'd imagine Red Hot Chili Peppers - a great arena show - would lose something in a smaller venue.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i want to trade WSP for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. they are still the best live band going.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm generally not a fan of live music so 3 is kind of a pass for me.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Not 100% sure
2. Conservative is Sweet 16. But I honestly think Bill ain't coaching the NCAAs next year so it might be different. But I won't get into that.
3. Not a big concert guy but Chris Stapleton is one I want to see based off music and live performance alone but I would have said FooFighters before Taylor Hawkins' death. But maybe still those 2.
4. A. Nah he was pretty damn good. B - 55. Shoes aren't my thing but those aren't bad.
5. Glass Siamese cat things and a Royals 2014 World Series Commemorative Ticket thing that there's only a few thousand made.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG