Thanks to DMac

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Thanks to DMac

Post by Deleted User 863 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 am BIG 12 conference regular season champions

BIG 12 conference tournament champions

Mens ncaa national champions

A+ season
A+ season for sure
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sorry, I can only give it an A, like a 96.

We shared the B12 with f'in Scott Drew and Baylor after just needing 2 wins in our last 3.
Bill Self didn't win COY.
We lost to unranked Dayton ( not a foul tho ). We lost at home to Kentucky.

Sorry CR.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:58 am Sorry, I can only give it an A, like a 96.

We shared the B12 with f'in Scott Drew and Baylor after just needing 2 wins in our last 3.
Bill Self didn't win COY.
We lost to unranked Dayton ( not a foul tho ). We lost at home to Kentucky.

Sorry CR.
im pretty on-board with a lot of your takes. This is juat plain wrong. Who cares about dayton....we're not going undefeated.

Title, big xii title, big xii tourney title

A+ no ifs ands or buts.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A+, 100, is perfect, which would mean yes, you would have to go basically undefeated to get that.
17-1 kinda deal in the B12.

If I was a teacher/professor, there has to be an absolute top mark that is very tough to reach.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well, we'll disagree on this then.

Id say 4 times in 83 years is a high enough bar to set the curve
Just Ledoux it
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Thank you, DMac for an amazing end to the season. You have my utmost respect. (Not that he is going to read this, but anyway).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

this team gets an A for finishing the season the way they did.

but yeah, A+ on an entire season is perfection shit, and this team as a whole was far from that.

We started March by getting our asses kicked by unranked TCU.

Our noncon included all of one ranked team in UK, who completely blew us out - at home!

Our biggest wins for the regular season were...Baylor and Tech? Both teams we ended up splitting with.

And just generally we weren't a dominant team, weren't considered title favorites until the cruel mistress that is the tourney finally let a few breaks actually go our way for once.

meh, fuck it. This team looked like yet another second round upset waiting to happen, but fucked around and ended up winning it all anyway.

A plus!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I start my A+ range at 98%, so it doesn't take "perfect" to achieve it while still making it incredibly difficult to attain.

This season was like a student who gets high scores on all their major exams but generally still doesn't seem to have a mastery of the topic of the class. A+ achievements for the overall record; the Big 12 regular season, the Big 12 conference tourney title, the Final Four and the national title. A "homework score" of a B for the ass whipping Kentucky put on them and generally looking like a second tier contender for a chunk of the season. Overall I'd give the whole season about a 97%, as close to an A+ as a team can get who aced their big tests but who looked like they had no clue what they were doing for a bit.

But my enjoyment of the season and their accomplishments are an A+ for sure.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

After the loss at TCU, this team really locked in and played with a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season. Overall, I would give our performance for the season a B+
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

so you guys are the kind of professors where nobody gets an A in your class?

somebody has to set the curve. Who had a better season that would warrant dropping our score to the 88-95% range?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Compared to this student’s traditional performance.

We’re like the perpetual honor student who just kinda stumbled through the semester at a B-or-so level until we aced the final that was worth like 90% of the course grade anyway.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:48 am so you guys are the kind of professors where nobody gets an A in your class?

somebody has to set the curve. Who had a better season that would warrant dropping our score to the 88-95% range?
Several of these posters haven't received an A in a class since Shapes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:51 am
TDub wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:48 am so you guys are the kind of professors where nobody gets an A in your class?

I loved when a college professor announced that an A+ was a possibility in their class. Not a ton did. Challenge issued and accepted. I just wish that an A+ would have counted more towards your GPA than an A did.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I gave KU a 96.
That's as high an A as you can get without an A+.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:01 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:51 am

I loved when a college professor announced that an A+ was a possibility in their class. Not a ton did. Challenge issued and accepted. I just wish that an A+ would have counted more towards your GPA than an A did.
It's supposed to.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:01 am

I gave KU a 96.
That's as high an A as you can get without an A+.
on your scale....has there ever been an A+ season in the history of Kansas basketball?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I never tried for A+s anyway. C's get degrees.

Never had an employer check my GPA or ask for it during the interview process. But then again, I am not a doctor or something similar.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"on your scale....has there ever been an A+ season in the history of Kansas basketball?"

Sure.
3 looses? Two of them on the road to ranked teams? Two of those looses by one possession?

Won B12. Won B12 tournament, convincingly, against the 2nd best team.
Beat two no. 1 seeds in March Madness.
Crushed Kenpom to the moon.

Probably a 98.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what was this team's grade up until the postseason?

We finished 2-2, including loosing double digits to Baylor and TCU, a grindout W against that same unranked TCU, and squeaking out an OT senior night against Texas...