Jay Wright Stepping Down

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Jay Wright Stepping Down

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I meant Jay Wright is older than Bill. But Scott Drew would be terrible in Lawrence. He wouldn't come anyway.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Scott Drew and the University of Kansas/Kansas Athletics Inc. is oil and water.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:06 pm i thought jay wright was going to be our next coach. his retirement just moved HCSD up from preference #2.
lmfao
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:02 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:57 pm That reads as if the changes weren't for him and hes smart enough to avoid saying something that would get the "it was basically slavery" crowd riled up.
His comments read to me that he’s choosing to walk away rather than have to figure out a completely new way to work at this stage of his life and career.
Basically the same.
He wasn't interested enough in the changes to get good at it.
Cant blame him.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:06 pm i thought jay wright was going to be our next coach. his retirement just moved HCSD up from preference #2.
Scott Drew?

Ban!
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Stephen Douglas.
Lost to Lincoln and is dead but still better than Scott Drew.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:05 pm I meant Jay Wright is older than Bill. But Scott Drew would be terrible in Lawrence. He wouldn't come anyway.
Plus, how the hell does it work when the home team hides in the tunnel during the Hype video?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:18 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:57 pm That reads as if the changes weren't for him and hes smart enough to avoid saying something that would get the "it was basically slavery" crowd riled up.
His comments read to me that he’s choosing to walk away rather than have to figure out a completely new way to work at this stage of his life and career.
Basically the same.
Cant blame him.
Do you think Nova engaged in the same recruting practices as KU Duke UK etc prior to NIL?

To be clear: i mean having/letting shoe companies do the dirty work of recruiting as far as improper benefits go.
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:05 pm I meant Jay Wright is older than Bill. But Scott Drew would be terrible in Lawrence. He wouldn't come anyway.
Scott Drew would definitely come to KU if we ever wanted him as our coach. But we never would.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't agree with that.

Scott Drew's fit with Baylor is much more than just the state of their basketball program.
Deleted User 863

I just don't think many (any?) active coaches would turn down KU right now other than Jon Scheyer because he's a Dookie and was gift wrapped his position. I suppose Hubert Davis probably wouldn't leave UNC either.

Anyone else, it is a giant upgrade. Even Calipari would probably leave UK for KU.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cal would only leave UK for KU if he was on the outs at UK. UK is the best job in the land, but more importantly, a fantastic fit for John Calipari and John Calipari's ego.

Drew has been at Baylor for a long time and has turned down many better jobs for reasons beyond basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ban.
KU is the best job in the land.
Would you rather go to work in a mall or a church to the creation of basketball.

More wins.
Your greatest coach in history isn't a known racist.
The rules are next door.
Lawrence > Lexington.
Better mascot.
Better coaching tree.
Paul Rudd and Jason Sudeikis > Ashley Judd.
Fewer mullets, more teeth.
You dont play in a mall.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:52 pm
Drew has been at Baylor for a long time and has turned down many better jobs for reasons beyond basketball.
He hasn't turned down KU Duke UNC or UK. And those are our only peers imo.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:52 pm Cal would only leave UK for KU if he was on the outs at UK. UK is the best job in the land, but more importantly, a fantastic fit for John Calipari and John Calipari's ego.

KU aside, because I am biased....

I think Duke would be viewed as equally good of a job as UK, no?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Scott Drew published a hagiographic biography at BU that essentially spent 100 pages saying God willed him to be Baylor's coach. Then he expressed interest in Georgia. In a larger context, what does this say about God? Mt Oread being closest to heaven and everything.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:09 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:52 pm Cal would only leave UK for KU if he was on the outs at UK. UK is the best job in the land, but more importantly, a fantastic fit for John Calipari and John Calipari's ego.

KU aside, because I am biased....

I think Duke would be viewed as equally good of a job as UK, no?
Closer now than ever before, but UK basketball has like football-level value.

And yes, that is paper value. Best is subjective, because there is a ton to like about KU more than UK.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:18 pm
Basically the same.
Cant blame him.
Nor can I.

(shakes hands)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am by all accounts HCJW is a saint compared to HCBS. i can't wait to see how you kick the phucque out of HCBS on his way out the door.
You don't know anything close to "all accounts," dipshit.

And don't make me come back here in late April to remind you again. Get "I'm a dipshit" tattooed on yourself somewhere so you don't forget.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good job, good post.