Ramsey Nijem - Good Job

Kansas Basketball.
AlOerter
Contributor

Ramsey Nijem - Good Job

Post by AlOerter »

I thought KU's strength and conditioning was a thing of beauty this season. They played physical basketball on both ends of the court - bodying up on defense and finishing through contact on offense. Additionally, they always seemed to have more left in the tank at the end of games than their opponents.

Nijem gets 2 thumbs up from me.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Ramsey Nijem - Good Job

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hes really good. He spent the previous 5 years before KU working with pros. I dont think there's very many strength and conditioning coaches with that kind of pedigree in college basketball. Now he's turning these guys into pros
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

He got here in 19. Look at the work he's done with some of these guys the past few years
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Lets see what he can do with dajuan harris the next couple years. Thats the real test. He needs to put some muscle on that kid. If he can do that and make him more explosive we've got a damn good college player
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good job, good post.

( and I mean that for real. Also I forgot who said that…was it NiceDC making fun of DC? )
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:28 pm Lets see what he can do with dajuan harris the next couple years. Thats the real test. He needs to put some muscle on that kid. If he can do that and make him more explosive we've got a damn good college player
It’s mostly the way he’s built. Sure, get stronger, but I’m more concerned with Harris’s fatigue. Adding weight to a guy just because he looks small is not always a good idea.

As for Nijem, though, good thread. He’s an upgrade over what we had as has been mentioned throughout the season. Och and CB development was amazing and huge for the team.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:26 pm He got here in 19. Look at the work he's done with some of these guys the past few years
Mitch got huge. CB is ripped. Och was always a specimen, but he's even more ripped now. DH probably struggles to put weight on, if I had to guess, but he will continue to get stronger.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DH has a thin frame so he'll always have limitations there. But hes still gonna get stronger and more explosive
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Stronger would be nice, but I'm more interested in him shooting threes the way he did against Nova. Might honestly be the single most important thing towards next season's chances, aside from the how the portal shakes out.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:36 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:28 pm Lets see what he can do with dajuan harris the next couple years. Thats the real test. He needs to put some muscle on that kid. If he can do that and make him more explosive we've got a damn good college player
It’s mostly the way he’s built. Sure, get stronger, but I’m more concerned with Harris’s fatigue. Adding weight to a guy just because he looks small is not always a good idea.

As for Nijem, though, good thread. He’s an upgrade over what we had as has been mentioned throughout the season. Och and CB development was amazing and huge for the team.
Big fax
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Also, nagging injuries definitely seemed to be better managed than in the past
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Yes to all this.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nijem is a huge upgrade over Hudy. which is funny, because people raved and raved and raved about Hudy. she did her job fine sure, but she was a woman in a male dominated profession at a prolific school, and so she got a crazy amount of extra attention for it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Now that is cringy nonsense. Hudy was also good.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Nijem may add a little recruiting bump as in he knows how to get players physically ready for the next level.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

AlOerter wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:44 am Nijem may add a little recruiting bump as in he knows how to get players physically ready for the next level.
Doesn't hurt.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I have always thought assistant coaches and S&C coaches having pro experience was more important than the head coach.