Hypocrite and a liar.

Caught on tape.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Kevin McCarthy

Post by KUTradition »

craven…the lot of them
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Just so I am clear, you're mad he privately plotted to remove Trump from office after Jan 6? Surprised what politicians say in private and do in public are often different? Politicians do whatever they think keeps them in office. It's not right, but it's reality.

To be honest, it's almost a little comforting to know those fuckers actually wanted him out even if they didn't have the spine to attempt to make it happen.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He lied and he's a hypocrite. Defend him all you want.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

LOL strawman. I didn't defend him.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Once again you have a problem with reading comprehension. Even when you wrote it.

Politicians do whatever they think keeps them in office. It's not right, but it's reality.

Geeze you're annoying. Better to keep you mouth shut and let people assume you're an idiot.....
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:37 pm Once again you have a problem with reading comprehension. Even when you wrote it.

Politicians do whatever they think keeps them in office. It's not right, but it's reality.

Geeze you're annoying. Better to keep you mouth shut and let people assume you're an idiot.....
That's not a defense of McCarthy. That's just my feelings on the situation. It's okay to not always feel the same way about every single situation.

We probably didn't need an individual thread for this somewhat non-story. Dozens of "the rubes are liars and hyprocrites!" threads this could have gone in.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pretty big time story. In a meeting with Liz Cheney he's talking about how to use the 25th amendment to get rid of trump. Says he's going to confront trump and tell him to resign. Denies everything. Just one problem with that, it's on tape. But you keep defending him as this is no big deal.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/22/politics ... index.html
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you shoulda just posted a bunch of meaningless instagram links, 99
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Or a bunch of tweets from random people!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The sad part is that there are so many people who think like Illy - “Yes he’s a scoundrel but he’s our scoundrel”
Deleted User 863

Except I don't think like that. But carry on.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:55 pm Just so I am clear, you're mad he privately plotted to remove Trump from office after Jan 6? Surprised what politicians say in private and do in public are often different? Politicians do whatever they think keeps them in office. It's not right, but it's reality.

To be honest, it's almost a little comforting to know those fuckers actually wanted him out even if they didn't have the spine to attempt to make it happen.
To me, it's worse. It just proves that they know right vs. wrong but still ultimately chose to do what's wrong to serve their own best interests. I'd rather someone be true to their values, even if they have a different set of values. These scumbags value nothing but themselves.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

But it's ok because illy says so.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:51 am These scumbags value nothing but themselves.
Agree 100%.

And yet we keep electing them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is the issue that they value nothing but themselves?

or is it that they indeed (in some way) value their constituents, but the issue is that their constituents are a bunch of petty spiteful tribalist types?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:39 am is the issue that they value nothing but themselves?

or is it that they indeed (in some way) value their constituents, but the issue is that their constituents are a bunch of petty spiteful tribalist types?
Well...then we get into labeling a bunch of people as deplorables. Then we get yelled at for being responsible for the behavior of said deplorables who claim that their actions are just because of said labeling as deplorable. Then they throw hissy fits for being called names and that doesn't seem to get anyone anywhere either.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:39 am is the issue that they value nothing but themselves?

Raises the question of what a representative's role is supposed to be in a Democratic Republic. Do people elect people to represent them, or to make what they think is the best decision?

I prefer the latter - the representative has more context since it's their full time job.

And then that gets into campaign financing... Because that's the bulk of the representatives' full time jobs now
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

campaign financing? actually bro, DC of all people assured us the lib assault on Citizens United was a mirror comparison to the con assault on Roe...so that should..wait wut wuz DC's point with that?

and while I agree in some general sense that I prefer the latter, I think the most ideal thing to prefer would be a constituency who values education and civic engagement enough that making what they think is the best decision is representing them, or something.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:19 am

Raises the question of what a representative's role is supposed to be in a Democratic Republic. Do people elect people to represent them, or to make what they think is the best decision?

I prefer the latter - the representative has more context since it's their full time job.

And then that gets into campaign financing... Because that's the bulk of the representatives' full time jobs now
I like this post.