5 Not Good But Still Questions I Am Asking For a Friday in May

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 Not Good But Still Questions I Am Asking For a Friday in May

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. In 2019 (pre-covid), if you don't know exactly - estimate how many sick days did you take off from work for the entire year?

2. Someone I know gave me a "I told you so" in regards to the J&J vaccine. When I told them the odds of their getting shot (by someone with a gun) walking up/down a street in Chicago are probably higher than their getting a serious blood clot from the vaccine, they told me I don't know what I am talking about - in that regard. Do you agree or disagree with THEM?

3. As a whole, are you happier in 2022 than you were in 2012?

4. I have asked a derivative of this before. If you could live anywhere in the USA and money wasn't a factor, where would you choose to live?

5. Which of the following horses do you GUESS will win tomorrow's Kentucky Derby?

1 Mo Donegal 10-1

2 Happy Jack 30-1

3 Epicenter 7-2

4 Summer Is Tomorrow 30-1

5 Smile Happy 20-1

6 Messier 8-1

7 Crown Pride (JPN) 20-1

8 Charge It 20-1

9 Tiz the Bomb 30-1

10 Zandon 3-1

11 Pioneer of Medina 30-1

12 Taiba 12-1

13 Simplification 20-1

14 Barber Road 30-1

15 White Abarrio 10-1

16 Cyberknife 20-1

17 Classic Causeway 30-1

18 Tawny Port 30-1

19 Zozos 20-1

20 Ethereal Road 30-1

21 Rich Strike 30-1

22 Rattle N Roll 30-1
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Re: 5 Not Good But Still Questions I Am Asking For a Friday in May

Post by Deleted User 863 »

1. All that I couldn't carry over.

2. Can't get shot in Chicago if you don't go to Chicago. Can't get a blood clot from the J&J vaccine if you don't get the J&J vaccine.

3. Yes

4. Location doesn't matter as long as my family/friends are around.

5. Epicenter
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) 0
2) I dunno, It's early and I'm not doing math. Probably disagree.
3) Yes
4) Probably New Mexico. Albuquerque or Santa Fe.
5) No idea. It's supposed to rain here all day so I'm going with Messier. Assuming it's the 'murican pronunciation.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

1) probably 2 or 3, if that

2) without knowing the exact odds, i’d probably agree with Gutter

3) push…happier about some things, not so much about others

4) PacNW

5) Happy Jack
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

3.8 per million is what i found for blood clots after j&j vaccine.
shindig

Post by shindig »

1). Maybe one day
2). Disagree
3). Probably less happy cause I’m 10 years older and get grumpier over little things more often.
4). Maybe Northern California
5). Summer is Tomorrow
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

1. one day
2. disagree
3. fuck YEAH! I am rolling downhill now baby!
4. The Empire
5. the fast horsey
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. 0
2. Disagree
3. Hell no!
4. Southern California
5. No fricking clue
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. I think 2 but not for my sickness
2. theres a lot of unknowns and things not in our control that make that impossible to answer.
3. happiness is a sliding, ever-changing scale....Im always happy, just in varying degrees and situation based. Probably happier, 2012 was a really good year but a roller coaster though, started pretty damn unhappy, ended up being a very good year.
4. somewhere in western Montana
5. Crown Pride
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

2012 was a very interesting year looking back. It quite literally changed the trajectory of my life. Upending every aspect of my life and by the end my life was totally changed; a defining turning point in my life.
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:13 am 2012 was a very interesting year looking back. It quite literally changed the trajectory of my life. Upending every aspect of my life and by the end my life was totally changed; a defining turning point in my life.
Yeah, 2012 was a bad and great year for me personally. In July 2012, I had to put my boxer, Bandit, down after a year long fight with lymphoma. Never cried so much and felt lost afterwards, and went into a depression for several weeks. In October of 2012, I adopted Magnum, an 8 week old boxer puppy and started a new chapter in my life.
Deleted User 863

shindig wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:03 am
TDub wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:13 am 2012 was a very interesting year looking back. It quite literally changed the trajectory of my life. Upending every aspect of my life and by the end my life was totally changed; a defining turning point in my life.
Yeah, 2012 was a bad and great year for me personally. In July 2012, I had to put my boxer, Bandit, down after a year long fight with lymphoma. Never cried so much and felt lost afterwards, and went into a depression for several weeks. In October of 2012, I adopted Magnum, an 8 week old boxer puppy and started a new chapter in my life.
Man's best friend couldn't be a more accurate statement.

I had an english setter from 1st or 2nd grade all the way until i was almost out of college. The heart break of losing her was so great that I couldn't bring myself to get another dog until recently. Didn't think it was fair that my fear of the heart break should stop my kids (5 and 8) from knowing that kind of love. So right before Christmas we got an english setter. I cherish every day with him because it goes by so fast.

I saw a good quote the other day that went something like "dogs are in our lives for a short period of time, but we are their entire life".
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I don’t really have sick days in my line of work since I’m remote, but people who work at an office and DON’T use their allotted sick time are fucking assholes.
Last edited by Cascadia on Fri May 06, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shindig

Post by shindig »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:15 am

I had an english setter from 1st or 2nd grade all the way until i was almost out of college. The heart break of losing her was so great that I couldn't bring myself to get another dog until recently. Didn't think it was fair that my fear of the heart break should stop my kids (5 and 8) from knowing that kind of love. So right before Christmas we got an english setter. I cherish every day with him because it goes by so fast.

I saw a good quote the other day that went something like "dogs are in our lives for a short period of time, but we are their entire life".
Great quote and so true. I probably wasn’t ready to get another dog at the time because Bandit was the first dog that I raised myself from a pup and he was literally my best friend, I took him everywhere, camping, float trips, road trips, etc. But before Bandit was diagnosed with lymphoma at the young age of 6.5, I had reached out to another boxer breeder about adding a playmate for him. Shortly after, the breeder called me and I told him about Bandit’s condition and he told me to just focus on him and take care of him. Fast forward a year and he called me to check in about Bandit and I told him I had lost him. He then invited me out to his farm to check out their new litter, so I did, and that was it. I saw Magnum and knew he was the one, kind of shy and not rambunctious like some of his siblings. Took him home 5 weeks later. He’s now 9 and healthy as can be.
Deleted User 863

shindig wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:34 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:15 am

Great quote and so true. I probably wasn’t ready to get another dog at the time because Bandit was the first dog that I raised myself from a pup and he was literally my best friend, I took him everywhere, camping, float trips, road trips, etc. But before Bandit was diagnosed with lymphoma at the young age of 6.5, I had reached out to another boxer breeder about adding a playmate for him. Shortly after, the breeder called me and I told him about Bandit’s condition and he told me to just focus on him and take care of him. Fast forward a year and he called me to check in about Bandit and I told him I had lost him. He then invited me out to his farm to check out their new litter, so I did, and that was it. I saw Magnum and knew he was the one, kind of shy and not rambunctious like some of his siblings. Took him home 5 weeks later. He’s now 9 and healthy as can be.
It's crazy how sometimes all it takes is 1 look and you know.

My new little guy was a liter of 12. When the breeder posted the 1st pics of the liter my wife and I looked at them and i immediately went "he's the one". Thankfully i had 2nd pick and knew since he was the smallest of the 2 or 3 males (he was actually the smallest of the entire liter) that he would still be there when it was our pick. Sure enough he was. Even though the puppy phase is hard and he is wild as shit, he brings so much happiness to my life. My wife is still adjusting. My daughter is in love. My son and him have hilarious interactions because they're both wild and both still "puppies".

A roommate in college had a boxer. 1 of the most fun and loving dogs I have ever been around. Huge too. He'd sleep in my bed sometimes and want to be under the covers with his head right on the pillow. LoL
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. I am totally guessing. Maybe 8-10, I take half days for all the appointments.
2. No clue. Being forced to answer, I am guessing getting shot with a gun in Chicago are higher than a blood clot.
3. Way happier
4. Somewhere near where I live now. Maybe in a different zip code, but same area code.
5. Names that struck me, in the order I saw them: Cyberknife, Pioneer of Medina, and Epicenter
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. one...I got 3 sick days paid for as a benefit, and had 2 "use it or loose it" days left at the end of 2019...shoulda called in more often.
2. well this person clearly sounds like they did their own vaccine research so Q says AGREE #freedum
3. lol as a whole I was happier in '12. The last 10 years have mostly just been adulting and how lame is this shit
4. Missoula...man what if I ended up being next door neighbors with TDub in a cowboy-hippie mountain town? that has goat sitcom written all over it
5. Tiz the Bomb...just for the gifs
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cowboys and hippies aren't all that much different. Most I know get along just fine.

*this is only true for actual hippies not the instagram hippies that are hippies in name only.p
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d have self-identified to both of those groups at various times in my life
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

listen man, I'm cool with the chicken coop.

but neighbor you're gonna have to keep yer coors lite cans outta my yard. That's like littering man!

oh shit that might be my coors lite can heh heh anywho so can I borrow a cup of sugar?