Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by Sparko »

Ross seems like the real deal. Another steal who absolutely will make the team. May have to put him on some sort of rehab status, but it isn't looking necessary.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Looking at the OTAs, might be the deepest team we have seen.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Trading away Hill is going to take certain people a while to get over, but the return on that trade and the ability to spread his money around might lead to multiple Super Bowls.

I also doubt we’ll see a Top 10-15 paid WR or RB for the rest of the Mahomes era. Feels like KC is figuring out that spending money elsewhere is the future.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Christian Kirk made sure Hill wasn't gonna be a Chief next season.
Smart of us to move when we could get the draft haul we did.

Certainly don't pay a RB top 10-15 RB money.
If you could somehow get a guy who took less to stay in KC with Mahomes who was a top 5 WR statisically but would take something outside of top 5 money, I could see spending that.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:09 pm Christian Kirk made sure Hill wasn't gonna be a Chief next season.
Smart of us to move when we could get the draft haul we did.

Certainly don't pay a RB top 10-15 RB money.
If you could somehow get a guy who took less to stay in KC with Mahomes who was a top 5 WR statisically but would take something outside of top 5 money, I could see spending that.
The replacement level rbs are more than enough these days. Henry proves that with his rings.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine Derick Henry on the Chiefs though.
Oh my God.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jamaal Charles was close, but no Mahomes then. I think Hunt in his prime was close. I am actually pretty stoked to see the group this year. Pacheko is so fast. Gore finds the right seam. CEH is still over 5 ypc.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, imagine peak Priest Holmes.
He'd have 30 TDs and 2400 total yards.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Peak, non bat shit crazy, Larry Johnson
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd rather have Holmes or Charles as LJ was a specific type of runner built for that system.
Holmes and Charles are the RB's that Reid was envisioning when he drafted CEH in the 1st round.
That didn't work out.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pre-woman-attacking Hunt was something Reid missed for sure.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hill is making it easier and easier to be fine with his leaving:

“If teams are gonna give us favorable one-on-one matches against their best corner, I don’t see why teams don’t utilize their best receiver,” Hill said. “And that’s where probably like me and the Chiefs fell apart right there. When I’m like, yo, I don’t mean to talk or be a diva in some situation but can I see the pill some time, please? Just give me the ball, please.”

Come on dude.
You were 7th in targets last season.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Help me out. Why the discrepancy? See two links below.
Regardless, Hill continues to ridicule the Chiefs. Which to me means he is struggling moving on and is upset he's not still a Chief.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/targets/

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player ... g-targeted
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:59 am Hill is making it easier and easier to be fine with his leaving:

“If teams are gonna give us favorable one-on-one matches against their best corner, I don’t see why teams don’t utilize their best receiver,” Hill said. “And that’s where probably like me and the Chiefs fell apart right there. When I’m like, yo, I don’t mean to talk or be a diva in some situation but can I see the pill some time, please? Just give me the ball, please.”

Come on dude.
You were 7th in targets last season.
Wasn't he also 4th in drops as well? I think that's the number I recall seeing out there.

Hill wasn't going to re-sign next year so the Chiefs made the smart business move and traded him while they could still get some value. I was good with the move from the very start but every time he opens his mouth on this podcast he makes it easier to feel that way.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Looks like McKinnon back with Chiefs.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Tua’s pill coming in 10 yards short.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:39 pm Tua’s pill coming in 10 yards short.
LOL.
Also I'm not sure he'll get that much more targets in that offense.
And with Waddle already a target sponge.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Hill is obviously a little butt hurt they didn't keep him. He's also probably trying to be a good teammate to Tua by hyping him up to the media.

But come on man.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Andy Reid rationed Hill to avoid injury. Hill owes what success he has to Reid for that reason. Hill will be blasted into early retirement on the Dolphins on short routes and crossers. His agent made a grab for the short term money, vice longevity which would have meant more ultimately. Hill's usage under Reid was sheer genius at getting the most out of a smallish receiver.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:03 am Andy Reid rationed Hill to avoid injury. Hill owes what success he has to Reid for that reason. Hill will be blasted into early retirement on the Dolphins on short routes and crossers. His agent made a grab for the short term money, vice longevity which would have meant more ultimately. Hill's usage under Reid was sheer genius at getting the most out of a smallish receiver.
A smallish receiver who had a damn hard time getting up after a few of the really hard hits he took