Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Chiefs 2022

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

New season, new thread

Chiefs are reported to open the season in Houston at noon. Full schedule released Thursday.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by pdub »

Chiefs v Chargers Week 2 Thursday night game at Arrowhead exclusively streaming on Prime.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You'd think the Chiefs will sign Melvin Ingram eventually.
If not, they could also look to an old friend in Justin Houston.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They did that special tag. They have his rights through like July. Any team that signs him before then has to give the Chiefs a comp pick or something like that.

It's perfect for Ingram because he doesn't want to sign with a team before mini-camp, he doesn't want to go through that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs at Bucs Week 4 SNF

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Brutally tough opening six:

At Cards, v Chargers, At Colts, At Bucs, v Raiders, v Bills.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Dang, I'd actually take 3-3 after that slate.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

At 9ers week 7.
Start 3-4.
End 11-6.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

W - @ Arizona
W - LA Chargers
W - @ Indianapolis
W - @ Tampa Bay
W - Las Vegas
W - Buffalo
L - @ San Francisco
Bye
W - Tennessee
W - Jacksonville
L - @ LA Chargers
W - LA Rams
W - @ Cincinnati
L - @ Denver
W - @ Houston
W - Seattle
W - Denver
L - @ Las Vegas

Will probably lose the division but will end up 13-4. Final game at Las Vegas could turn into a win and finish 14-3.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“ This is a difficult schedule. Measuring by opponents' expected wins, the Chiefs have the toughest schedule in the league, by far. A slow start, as the Chiefs had last year when they began 3-4, won't cut it this time. The problem with getting out quickly is that the Chiefs open with three of four on the road, including a game at Tampa Bay, and then come home to play the Bills. The Chiefs need to be on point from the start to successfully navigate this stretch.”

That opening seven is very tough.
I can see us beating Zona, Raiders, Colts and one of Bills or Chargers.
4-3 to start would be fine.

https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-c ... -this-time
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Tough ass schedule. Probably punishment for Brittany and Jackson.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

13-4. Losses to Bills, Bucs, Chargers and San Fran.

Have to remember, the other teams don’t like seeing the Chiefs anywhere on their schedule either.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

The Chiefs are the first team in NFL history to open a season with eight straight games against teams that finished above .500 the prior season.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The conferences should be round-robins with two divisional games. The schedule is designed to stop the Chiefs. The odds are it will. I can't imagine how beat up they will be by week 10.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They have a tough first 6 weeks. Bye comes at a good time in week 8. Will probably be 4-3 and end with an 11-6 record and be the 3 seed in the AFC. Just fine.

Reid's teams ALWAYS go on a run, this team will likely be no different. Schedule eases up after the bye with games against Jax, Houston, Seattle and others.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:52 am You'd think the Chiefs will sign Melvin Ingram eventually.
If not, they could also look to an old friend in Justin Houston.
Ingram to Miami.
I think you try to get Houston.
With the money we have left with several players including some rookies still unsigned, I don't think we can land Clowney.
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

I still like the over (10.5) after seeing the schedule, but I think this team realistically loses 5-6 games. May still be enough to win the division.

I think it’ll probably take them a little bit to start to really start playing well, though. Mahomes and the OL can cover up a lot of issues, but replacing 3 of the top 4 WRs will probably mean there’s an adjustment period. Often takes some time for young defensive players to get going in Spags’ system too.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ChicagoHawk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:54 am I still like the over (10.5) after seeing the schedule, but I think this team realistically loses 5-6 games. May still be enough to win the division.

I think it’ll probably take them a little bit to start to really start playing well, though. Mahomes and the OL can cover up a lot of issues, but replacing 3 of the top 4 WRs will probably mean there’s an adjustment period. Often takes some time for young defensive players to get going in Spags’ system too.
The team speed has improved on offense, which sounds antithetical, but MVS, Skyy, Pacheco in the slot, and Hardman, there is a lot of pressure vertically, with Kelce, JuJu, Fortson, and others in the horizontal crossers, the passing game will be very complete. Add to that the best running attack KC has had in some time. The line was built to run. The defense is better at every position. Honey Badger was such a no-show many times I am glad the drama is over with him. Rose will play a lot as an UDFA too. They do need another edge, unless they are holding out on some of Kaindo's development. I do think the Chiefs missed not drafting Kyron. He is such a fast and physical player. He'll play a ton in Philly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Though loosing Tyreek isn’t going to help, if JuJu can stay healthy, MVS slightly improves his catch rate, and Sky is decent, I think we can keep humming on offense.

The question is, can the rookies drafted not only fill in but improve our defense. We need defensive pressure. And we need better outside coverage. Is McDuffie as good as Ward? Can GKarl provide a push?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is cap space. They need one more add on defense I on the edge. A fast OLB was what I hoped they would add.