Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Not sure if it was mentioned on here. Good news - Sneed cleared protocol.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1 ... 1676052486
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs SOS 9th.
Eagles SOS 29th.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Cheffers called 22-percent of all Chief penalties this year. In only two games. He was responsible for the egregious no fumble sack on Jones and the miserable Tampa Bay Super Bowl calls that doomed KC by half time. Hard to get excited for the game. His crew calls more penalties than any other too. Just a miserable decision to let him ref the game of the year.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:53 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 am violent haters.

https://www.kcur.org/news/2023-02-03/ka ... 2023iolent
Already took it down. Star redirect: "Are you looking for Kansas City Symphony?"
I will mention again that the Kanza Tribe lived around the stadium area at one point before the warring Crow Tribe depredations. I see "Chiefs" as a positive memorial. The chop appropriated from Atlanta not so much. . .
I think it's here

https://www.kcur.org/news/2023-02-03/ka ... -bowl-2023

Time to lose that stupid chop. I'm ok renaming the team, as long as it better than commanders.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am not.
The chop, sure, can loose that ( good luck stopping the fans from doing it ).

I despise what the movement and terms a certain political leaning type of person is all about but there are parts that, while they build them up in fever, are correct about, and in this case, changing the name from the Chiefs is silly to me.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:21 am
Sparko wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:53 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 am violent haters.

https://www.kcur.org/news/2023-02-03/ka ... 2023iolent
Already took it down. Star redirect: "Are you looking for Kansas City Symphony?"
I will mention again that the Kanza Tribe lived around the stadium area at one point before the warring Crow Tribe depredations. I see "Chiefs" as a positive memorial. The chop appropriated from Atlanta not so much. . .
I think it's here

https://www.kcur.org/news/2023-02-03/ka ... -bowl-2023

Time to lose that stupid chop. I'm ok renaming the team, as long as it better than commanders.
There are billboards all over town right now to stop the chant. The chant will be removed, just a matter of time.

As I've probably stated several times before, I don't think the nickname is all that problematic. There's a different history there.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How will you stop fans from organically sparking up the chant at moments during the game?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Toney is saying he'll be good to go.
Sneed has cleared protocol.
Willie Gay was limited last week and there has been optimism there.

Can't find anything on Ju Ju yet.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:27 am How will you stop fans from organically sparking up the chant at moments during the game?
You can't. Just stop supporting it by firing up the corresponding music. If you run some sort of effort to actively encourage people to stop then it will become THE thing to do for a certain section of our fan base that loves to do stupid shit just because someone doesn't want them to any more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 am
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:27 am How will you stop fans from organically sparking up the chant at moments during the game?
You can't. Just stop supporting it by firing up the corresponding music. If you run some sort of effort to actively encourage people to stop then it will become THE thing to do for a certain section of our fan base that loves to do stupid shit just because someone doesn't want them to any more.
Yeah, stop perpetuating it with the song. And then drown it out with music if it starts up. It will eventually stop. The chiefs just have to want it to stop. They don't right now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This.
The Chiefs fanbase will actively revolt against it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:03 am
This.
The Chiefs fanbase will actively revolt against it.
Some of them, yes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am Toney is saying he'll be good to go.
Sneed has cleared protocol.
Willie Gay was limited last week and there has been optimism there.

Can't find anything on Ju Ju yet.
Today, Reid said JuJu and Toney will continue practicing and that they "look good".
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yay. In a perfect world, I feel like the Chiefs could dominate. We'll see if the laundry follows.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cheffers was in charge of the KC v Tampa Bay game, the worst officiated Super Bowl that I can recall.

The Bucs 2nd TD was after a negated Mathieu interception on non existent holding from Ward.
Their 3rd TD was gifted to them from 2 mind boggling pass interference penalties, one of which Brady threw into the stands.

The first half the Chiefs had 95 yards in penalties ( a Super Bowl record ) to the Bucs 5.
The Chiefs ended the game with 11 penalties for 120 yards.

This season Cheffers ref'd two Chiefs games - Oakland and Houston.
Oakland - 11 penalties, 99 yards, including the infamous Derek Carr roughing the passer.
Houston - 10 penalties, 102 yards.

The laundry is certain to follow.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-c ... 91392.html
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Really hard to put money on the Chiefs given Cheffers history hating the team. It is unacceptable.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ESPN came out with a redraft and had us still picking Trent McDuffie without trading up but loosing out on Karlaftis who went a couple picks ahead of us with Green Bay.

What is promising is that both McDuffie and Karlaftis eventually ( despite some early season issues ) showed first round grades.

Karlaftis had six sacks and more pressures than any rookie defensive lineman not named Aidan Hutchinson.

McDuffie had the 3rd highest corner rookie ranking in PFF. He also had the 3rd overall press coverage PFF grade not for rookies but for the entire NFL behind Asante Samuel and James Bradberry.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:39 am ESPN came out with a redraft and had us still picking Trent McDuffie without trading up but loosing out on Karlaftis who went a couple picks ahead of us with Green Bay.

What is promising is that both McDuffie and Karlaftis eventually ( despite some early season issues ) showed first round grades.

Karlaftis had six sacks and more pressures than any rookie defensive lineman not named Aidan Hutchinson.

McDuffie had the 3rd highest corner rookie ranking in PFF. He also had the 3rd overall press coverage PFF grade not for rookies but for the entire NFL behind Asante Samuel and James Bradberry.
And those are just the headliners. The rookie and second year classes are both quite strong, and the Hill trade will continue to bear fruit this April.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eagles are a really good team.
Were a yard away per game from averaging the top yards per game on defense ( so 2nd place in yards per game ).
Led the NFL, EASILY, in sacks per game ( 70 compared to 2nd place KC ).
And were 3rd in defensive QBR ( i.e. QB's don't do well against them ).
AND 1st in pass yards per game.

Some of this you can point to their competition - but there's no doubt they they have a top 5 defense in the league - and perhaps have the very best defense.

You can also argue they have a top 5 offense as well.
3rd in yards per game and points per game.
5th in rushing yards per game and 9th in passing yards per game.

KC is the best team on offense.
But defense - 11th in yards per game, 16th in points per game, 18th in pass yards per game and 27th in defensive QBR.
So middle of the pack here.

Statistics have the Eagles in this Super Bowl - but:
A. Chiefs have played better on defense recently
B. They have a mostly full and healthy ( knock on wood ) defense as they've been missing guys on that front all season ( Gay suspension for breaking a vacuum, Frank Clark suspension, McDuffie injury ).
C. Mahomes
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The defensive stats are skewed playing in the NFC. KC is 5-0 against the same competition. It is a bookend season for the Chiefs. They started against Kyler Murray and JJ Watts and a very similar team on the same field. Andy Reid has never lost to the Chiefs or Eagles. He is the difference if Cheffers doesn't just go off.