Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by pdub »

He can really throw.
To Trent McDuffie on the Eagles second drive.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:50 am
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 am Chris Jones is gonna strip sack Jalen Hurts on the second play of the game and McKinnon will take a 28 yard screen to the house on the following drive.

That is my personal feeling.
I do wonder - and lord knows you can't put this in a binder or on film - if the Chiefs will be pretty aggressive with Hurts early on. His shoulder really hasn't been tested all that much since he returned. Do we know if he can really throw? The game will be over in a hot hurry if he can't.
Do you think I can get 100-1 odds on Gardner Fricking Minshew winning the MVP of the game? :x
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 am Have the Chiefs played a dude like Hurts this season?
Sparko was in the neighborhood with Kyler Murray but he just fell off a cliff.
Maybe Josh Allen is the closest but he's a different kind of runner.
The Eagles beat AZ only by a FG. 20-17. And AZ missed a tying FG at the end. Arizona was very competitive early in the season after the Chiefs game.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

AJ Brown said Chiefs tried to trade for him.
My guess is we offered one of our 1sts and a 3rd and got outbid by the Eagles.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:39 am AJ Brown said Chiefs tried to trade for him.
My guess is we offered one of our 1sts and a 3rd and got outbid by the Eagles.
I would assume we'd look into a player like that when available. Would have been awesome if they got him, he is a stud.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hindsight but kinda glad that didn't go through.
We likely wouldn't have McDuffie and Chenal and would be on the books with a costly ( but awesome ) WR.

I'd like to explore what it would take to trade for Kendrick Bourne. It shouldn't take much at all considering his output last season and his contract status -- and Bill has dealt with us plenty.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:19 am Hindsight but kinda glad that didn't go through.
We likely wouldn't have McDuffie and Chenal and would be on the books with a costly ( but awesome ) WR.

I'd like to explore what it would take to trade for Kendrick Bourne. It shouldn't take much at all considering his output last season and his contract status -- and Bill has dealt with us plenty.
Why trade for Kendrick Bourne when you could just sign free agent Jakobi Meyers and not give up any draft picks? Or maybe they use their picks to go after one of the top 5 WRs in the draft. They have a ton of picks and seem to love to have players on rookie contracts. That may also help them be able to sign Chris Jones to his contract. Mahomes can make a good WR out of just about anyone right now. Might as well not waste a bigger contract on the position. Beats me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My guess is Bourne would cost a 4th and would be 3-4 mill cheaper than Meyers.
I just like Bourne as a receiver - I think he's underrated and would do well as a compliment to MVS.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:40 am My guess is Bourne would cost a 4th and would be 3-4 mill cheaper than Meyers.
I just like Bourne as a receiver - I think he's underrated and would do well as a compliment to MVS.
He is certainly better than what KC would likely get with a 4th rounder. Should be a fun offseason. Super Bowl titles seem to make the stress off the offseason. "How do we get back ahead of the team that beat us" is always more anxious than "how do we keep kicking ass".
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Spitballing here but Chiefs could non exclusive tag Orlando Brown to save money and if he signed elsewhere, we'd have the 32nd, 33rd and 34th picks.

Trade 33 and 34 to move up and land one of the two tackle prospects in the draft.
Sign a vet like the guy out of Tennessee who just got cut.

( could also take a flier on Robert Woods out of Tennessee on a one year deal )
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:54 pm Spitballing here but Chiefs could non exclusive tag Orlando Brown to save money and if he signed elsewhere, we'd have the 32nd, 33rd and 34th picks.

Trade 33 and 34 to move up and land one of the two tackle prospects in the draft.
Sign a vet like the guy out of Tennessee who just got cut.

( could also take a flier on Robert Woods out of Tennessee on a one year deal )
Good read. I think they will sign Wylie too under this scenario
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Nagy OC as everyone knew when he was brought back.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How about the Chiefs just take on more Giants receivers?
Darius Slayton anyone?

Hard pass on Golloday though.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeAndre Hopkins rumors
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Would for a 2nd and a late rounder.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What's the contract situation there though?
Looking like 20 million next season -- which isn't all that bad but he is getting up there in age.
Do we have 20 million we can commit to him?

On the other hand -- Mahomes and Hopkins?
Good god man.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:11 pm What's the contract situation there though?
Looking like 20 million next season -- which isn't all that bad but he is getting up there in age.

Good god man.
Hopkins, Kelce, Toney and MVS with Pacheco in the backfield sounds good to me. We don't have that many years of elite Kelce left; let's not waste any of them.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah think they'll figure a way to work the contract out. Either do a small extension to lessen the per year numbers and all of that.

But the guy had 700 yards in 9 games and one of those games was with Kyler Murray, I believe. Dude still has IT.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:14 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:11 pm What's the contract situation there though?

Good god man.
Hopkins, Kelce, Toney and MVS with Pacheco in the backfield sounds good to me. We don't have that many years of elite Kelce left; let's not waste any of them.
Get Hopkins, draft a TE somewhat early to start the Kelce replacement and let Toney and Skyy work the intermediate game.