Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:35 pm realizing this is kind of an asshole post, and it doesn't impact me at all so I shouldn't care....but it always strikes me as odd when a grown man wants an autograph. Is it the monetary value of the autograph or some sort of idolozation that remains from childhood?
In general, my kids like to meet the players and get autographs but I have two prints, Mahomes and Kelce, that I wouldn't mind getting autographed. Just from a "collectibles displayed in my basement" perspective. I would never sell them but some day when I kick the bucket, my kids might be able to get more money for them if they were signed as they are already limited to just 100 in existence.

I used some of the money given to me by an aunt who passed to get a bunch of Chiefs/Royals/Jayhawks stuff I have framed and put up in my basement (she was a huge KU fan and collectibles junkie) so I guess I am just in that mode right now.

But no, just standing in line buy myself to get some random autographs is not something I would be interested in either.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Love this.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/ ... ts-2022#KC

The best position group for all 32 NFL teams: Strongest units and top depth charts for 2022

Kansas City Chiefs
Offensive line

The Chiefs spared no expense in money or draft capital to repair their offensive line after it collapsed in Super Bowl LV, and they were overjoyed by the results in 2021. Rookie Creed Humphrey's blown block rate of 0.5% was the lowest in the NFL among starting centers. Both Humphrey and right guard Trey Smith were named to the Pro Football Writers of America's All-Rookie team.

Free-agent acquisitions Joe Thuney and Orlando Brown Jr., meanwhile, brought stability to a line that finished fourth in the NFL in Football Outsiders adjusted sack rate and eighth in adjusted line yards. Brown is in a contract kerfuffle entering training camp, so that is something to watch as we get closer to the season. Right tackle is the only position up for grabs. Lucas Niang started last season at right tackle but battled shoulder, rib and knee injuries. Andrew Wylie was adequate in relief of Niang in 2021, but is much better suited to backing up both guards.

Journeyman Geron Christian Sr. held his own at left tackle for the Texans when Laremy Tunsil was unavailable, but the Chiefs may think of him as Brown insurance, as opposed to a right tackle. Finally, there is 2020 fifth-round pick Darian Kinnard from Kentucky, who slipped in the draft because of medical questions.

The three losers of the right tackle battle will fill out the bench, giving the Chiefs one of the deepest offensive lines in the NFL.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sounds like 1st round pick Trent McDuffie had a great start to offseason practice. I am excited to see just how ready he will be this season. KC needs him to be up to speed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/342 ... 2-teams#KC

Camp prediction: Trent McDuffie will leave training camp as the Chiefs' emerging star in the secondary. The Chiefs asked a lot of McDuffie in offseason practice as he worked at both outside cornerback and in slot coverage. He handled it all well, leaving the Chiefs encouraged he could have a big rookie season. McDuffie looked more like a veteran as he was rarely caught out of position. The Chiefs need a big season from McDuffie after losing longtime starter Charvarius Ward in free agency. Another strong candidate for playing time at cornerback, Rashad Fenton, missed all of offseason practice while rehabbing from a shoulder procedure.

-- Adam Teicher
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So much talk about Skyy Moore and Karlaftis, but the Chiefs really like McDuffie. There's a reason they traded up for him, which a lot of people forget too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I was not a fan at all of the McDuffie choice--but am glad to be proven wrong. The additional safeties and linebackers have really made this a year of pleasant change on defense.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A big part of this draft will be comparing McDuffie to Booth.
Likely the Chiefs could have gotten one of the two without having to give up a 3rd and 4th.
If McDuffie > Booth, it's all good, but you certainly could have traded that 3rd and 4th to move up 10 spots in the 3rd to get Nakobe Dean.

There will also be the question of how Jermaine Johnson pans out compared to GKarl.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs good get in Carlos Dunlap, DE from Seahawks, reportedly 1 year deal up to 8 million.

He had a better year in 21 ( 72 PFF, 10 sacks v 54 PFF, 5 sacks ) than another former Seahawk DE on the Chiefs who will command likely twice that this season ( and cost us a 1st and 2nd pick ).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:53 am Chiefs good get in Carlos Dunlap, DE from Seahawks, reportedly 1 year deal up to 8 million.

He had a better year in 21 ( 72 PFF, 10 sacks v 54 PFF, 5 sacks ) than another former Seahawk DE on the Chiefs who will command likely twice that this season ( and cost us a 1st and 2nd pick ).
Fantastic signing by the Chiefs as that feels like the biggest weak spot on the roster. Hopefully the pass rush can solidify and not leave our LBs and DBs to be picked clean. If Reid and McDuffie pan out and Bolton and Gay continue their improvement rate, the Chiefs might have a pretty good defense next year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He'll get the 3rd most DE snaps. But he's a perfect Spags DE. Big and plays through guys instead of trying to go around them.

Karlaftis and Clark still going to be 1-2 in snap count, but Dunlap is a great get.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:13 am He'll get the 3rd most DE snaps. But he's a perfect Spags DE. Big and plays through guys instead of trying to go around them.

Karlaftis and Clark still going to be 1-2 in snap count, but Dunlap is a great get.
This right here is exactly why they loved Karlaftis so much going into the draft.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:00 am ...the Chiefs might have a pretty good defense next year.
But, Spags.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:57 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:00 am ...the Chiefs might have a pretty good defense next year.
But, Spags.
Gets a bad rap. He's fine. He's probably been the best DC in KC in the last 10+ years.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:03 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:57 am
But, Spags.
Gets a bad rap. He's fine. He's probably been the best DC in KC in the last 10+ years.
Not saying much there.
Just gotta beat out Bob Sutton and Romeo Crennel.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

I like the Chiefs
Ain't no seats
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Then why don't you marry them?
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

They said no :cry:
Ain't no seats
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You wiffed it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Defensive depth. What a concept.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Brown is reporting to practice today. Sounds like this was his plan, show up when padded practice starts.

https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/stat ... 8645758976
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's good.