NFL 2022

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NFL 2022

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:36 am This Brady retirement will drive the price up for Derek Carr.
Raiders have to deal soon ( by mid Feb ) or will have to pay him ( or cut him ) big time.
I don't see a scenario where he's back.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:36 am This Brady retirement will drive the price up for Derek Carr.
Raiders have to deal soon ( by mid Feb ) or will have to pay him ( or cut him ) big time.
I don't see a scenario where he's back.
I mean, he is a Gardner Minschew with eye shadow.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

All twelve remaining Texans should be rioting.

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/sta ... Nr-sNtgVUQ
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's pretty good.
I like Carr.
He seems to be a good teammate.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:29 am That's pretty good.
I like Carr.
He seems to be a good teammate.
He's a bit weird and churchy for me but I enjoy anyone who is self-confident enough to get a laugh at their own expense. That was pretty funny.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He isn't a Pat Tillman scholar presented by Verizon.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Gutter here you go bud. It can happen

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023 ... r-jackson/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Thanks for the show. A lot of things can happen. I have zero idea why the Texans would want to trade the #2 for the #1 and give up picks to do it. The Bears won't draft the guy the Texans want unless the Texans say exactly who they want and then the Bears try and screw them.

What's confusing to me is that I don't think there has been a public statement/s in regards to if the Bears are actively looking to trade the #1 pick. It's probably a safe assumption but maybe they have their heart set on someone they might not be able to get with the 4th or later pick?
The Bears have Poles as their GM and then brought in Kevin Warren to be the President/CEO. This may make or break their relationship. I don't think Warren feels married to Poles. Who is making the ultimate decision/s on the draft and Free Agency? I assume it's a group decision but sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen......

Here are my worthless thoughts... Justin Fields may have been the best non-WR runner with the ball in his hands in the NFL last season. That and a few bucks got the Bears a Happy Meal and a 3-14 record.
He's going to get killed or at least severely injured if he runs 160 times in a season - again.
So, does he become "Slash"? What exactly is his trade value right now? I don't think the Bears get anything more than a late first rounder - at best - for him.
Seems they are kind of stuck with him. Like it or not.
Ok, so the Bears then draft a non-QB with the 1st pick or whatever pick they have. How do they decide if they want to fill position needs through the draft, free agency, or a trade?
My dumb ass doesn't know how trades work in the NFL In terms of salaries and draft picks but I feel if possible, the Bears should trade the #1 and maybe one of their 3rd round picks for an established non question mark annual Pro-Bowl player. Bears have a LOT of needs and while they can and should improve their team, I'm not counting on a quick fix. The Bears are JUNK!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

This is setup so perfect for Da Bears. The Texans losing the #1 pick was huge. In the hunt for a QB teams will move to get one. So the Texans will lock in a QB realize that if they do not trade up then Da Bears will trade with another team and they will not get the QB(Young) they want.
This is step one. Once Da Bears have pick #2 they then shop that pick and again the Colt's will need to move up to get their QB. Step Two.
This is when things get interesting at #4. So Da Bears can get Anderson or Carter there or again trade.

So at #4 they have acquired 33,79,101,103 and two 2nd rounders in 2024.

The key is there are three QB's rated NFL #1 starters. The Texans have to move up to get the one they want. The Colts have to trade up to get the next one.

At #4 you could get an offer you can't refuse from a team looking at QB #3.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I say Chicago trades for Trubisky. Seems to solve every problem
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:17 pm I say Chicago trades for Trubisky. Seems to solve every problem
🤣
Deleted User 863

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:47 am This is setup so perfect for Da Bears.
It is.

And they will probably fuck it up.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Bears really have their future ahead of them.

All the cap space in the world and a chance to get a good number of picks this draft while still picking high along with a QB who could be ok for the future. All the while in a decaying NFC North ( Rodgers gone, Minnesota pretender, Detroit maybe the biggest threat ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

This kid may be the highlight of the Pro Bowl.
Shows how you can get noticed as a "media member" without having to be an asshole and/or say outrageous things. Yes, I get if he wasn't a kid no one would probably care about him but I'm predicting if the kid want's to continue his path he will be successful - or in anything else he chooses to do with his life in regards to work.

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1622033513339047937

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1622052389800001536

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/ ... 6336953344

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1621960309694169088
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

:roll:

"Aaron Rodgers hopes the darkness will help him see the light about his future.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he will embark on a four-day/four-night "darkness retreat" soon after the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I've got a pretty cool opportunity to do a little self-reflection in some isolation," Rodgers said. "And then after that I feel like I'll be a lot closer to a final, final decision.""

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/356 ... ss-retreat
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 pm :roll:

The Green Bay Packers quarterback said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he will embark on a four-day/four-night "darkness retreat" soon after the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I've got a pretty cool opportunity to do a little self-reflection in some isolation," Rodgers said. "And then after that I feel like I'll be a lot closer to a final, final decision.""

He's a goddamn weirdo.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:15 pm

He's a goddamn weirdo.
And a liar. His form of sensory deprivation is pretending to read Conrad's Heart of Darkness at the Milwaukee Anti-vax Book Club whilst munching on lesser quality potato chips.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yet, how is it that Rodgers is still less of an asshole than his predecessor?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:15 pm

He's a goddamn weirdo.
So are you. So am I. So are most people. And?
Not sure what about him doing this makes him a "goddamn weirdo" any more than players who claim they talked to/with God to help make their career decisions.