NFL 2022

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: NFL 2022

Post by Sparko »

CnB with the win unless Rodgers starts taking welfare money from the poorest American state in sunglasses. And Gutter, faith in a metaphysical incomprehensibility is not the same as Rodgerian fraud and fantasy.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:33 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:15 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 pm :roll:

"Aaron Rodgers hopes the darkness will help him see the light about his future.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he will embark on a four-day/four-night "darkness retreat" soon after the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I've got a pretty cool opportunity to do a little self-reflection in some isolation," Rodgers said. "And then after that I feel like I'll be a lot closer to a final, final decision.""

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/356 ... ss-retreat
He's a goddamn weirdo.
So are you. So am I. So are most people. And?
Not sure what about him doing this makes him a "goddamn weirdo" any more than players who claim they talked to/with God to help make their career decisions.
I never said those other goddamn weirdos aren't goddamn weirdos too.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:30 pm Yet, how is it that Rodgers is still less of an asshole than his predecessor?
Pretty low bar to clear.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 pm :roll:

"Aaron Rodgers hopes the darkness will help him see the light about his future.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he will embark on a four-day/four-night "darkness retreat" soon after the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I've got a pretty cool opportunity to do a little self-reflection in some isolation," Rodgers said. "And then after that I feel like I'll be a lot closer to a final, final decision.""

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/356 ... ss-retreat
He's a goddamn weirdo.
Not sure what about him doing this makes him a "goddamn weirdo" any more than players who claim they talked to/with God to help make their career decisions.
There's a big difference.
A lot of Christians are kinda casuals and I'd include a lot of NFL players in this.
They don't go to church more than a couple times a year - but they might pray before a big game or big decision for like two minutes while they got time to waste. Then they do the 'praise God' thing in front of the cameras, to make mom proud. Do they believe in God? Sure. Are they really listening to God to make their decisions? Nah.

Rodgers is a narcissistic cray who thinks he's found some spiritual path to whole being and enlightenment while he's asking to be paid the most money per year of any player in the NFL.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:29 am

He's a goddamn weirdo.
I never said those other goddamn weirdos aren't goddamn weirdos too.
As the kids and old men say these days - Lulz!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:19 am

He's a goddamn weirdo.
A lot of Christians are kinda casuals and I'd include a lot of NFL players in this.
They don't go to church more than a couple times a year - but they might pray before a big game or big decision for like two minutes while they got time to waste. Then they do the 'praise God' thing in front of the cameras, to make mom proud. Do they believe in God? Sure. Are they really listening to God to make their decisions? Nah.

Rodgers is a narcissistic cray who thinks he's found some spiritual path to whole being and enlightenment while he's asking to be paid the most money per year of any player in the NFL.
There are many types of crays.

I think, by and large, the "thank my savior, baby Jesus" crays are just...idiots. And part of that is feature, not bug: I think actual critical thinking (about, say, the role a higher power does or does not actually have in the occurrence or non-occurrence of real-life events) is something that is more negative than positive for athletes. They fail all the time as a matter of course. It's very useful, psychologically, to unload a lot of the burden on an enrobed, enbearded dude somewhere in the clouds. This cray is standard issue dumb-jock cray, that goddamn weirdos like Russ take to its end.

Rodgers' cray is not the same cray. Rodgers' cray is the detached-from-reality cray of someone who never suffers consequences, and who has enough money and status that he can reasonably expect to never suffer consequences. This is an elevated cray, shared with fellow goddamn weirdos like Kyrie and Elon and Antonio Brown and (formerly?) Tiger and so on.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

He's a goddamn weirdo.

Hey, whatever works in regards to religion and nothing wrong with praying to God but I'm going to think someone is nuts if they tell me God spoke to them. Even if God really did.
On a related note, if it really was God who healed Mahomes (like he said it was) then all praise be to God.

I agree Rodgers is a narcissist. I agree in some ways he's crazy - at least in my eyes and mind.
Many people felt the same way about Ricky Williams and his spiritual being. I felt he was crazy but after listening to him explain himself - I respected him and his craziness.
Maybe that's why I am being too soft on Rodgers?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think Patrick Mahomes is an idiot and he praises God casually like the aforementioned Christian typical.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ricky Williams had all sorts of disorders so he was actually clinically a cray.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

he’s making bank in the weed industry now
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, I've always liked Ricky.
He was more of a introvert kinda cray which I can vibe with.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:42 am I don't think Patrick Mahomes is an idiot and he praises God casually like the aforementioned Christian typical.
On the field/about football I think Mahomes is not an idiot.

Off the field/about everything else I think there is at least a chance he's an idiot. Look at his brother and wife. He chooses to be around them.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:40 am

I think, by and large, the "thank my savior, baby Jesus" crays are just...idiots. And part of that is feature, not bug: I think actual critical thinking (about, say, the role a higher power does or does not actually have in the occurrence or non-occurrence of real-life events) is something that is more negative than positive for athletes. They fail all the time as a matter of course. It's very useful, psychologically, to unload a lot of the burden on an enrobed, enbearded dude somewhere in the clouds. This cray is standard issue dumb-jock cray, that goddamn weirdos like Russ take to its end.

Rodgers' cray is not the same cray. Rodgers' cray is the detached-from-reality cray of someone who never suffers consequences, and who has enough money and status that he can reasonably expect to never suffer consequences. This is an elevated cray, shared with fellow goddamn weirdos like Kyrie and Elon and Antonio Brown and (formerly?) Tiger and so on.
In the middle of reading this post, I was going to reply that Rodgers is not all that different than Kyrie. Then you got there on your own. Spot on. It's always the people that think they're smarter than everyone else because they get called out for their dumbass notions.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:15 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:42 am I don't think Patrick Mahomes is an idiot and he praises God casually like the aforementioned Christian typical.

Off the field/about everything else I think there is at least a chance he's an idiot. Look at his brother and wife. He chooses to be around them.
I mean, coming from you, that doesn't mean much.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:16 pm

In the middle of reading this post, I was going to reply that Rodgers is not all that different than Kyrie. Then you got there on your own. Spot on. It's always the people that think they're smarter than everyone else because they get called out for their dumbass notions.
Yes.
He is the Kyrie of the NFL.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Pat's trying to help turn Jackson's life around. I'm hoping it was just a kid-phase for Jackson. Brittany is a ticking time-bomb disaster. One of the few chinks in the Mahomes' armor. Kansas City is not a good place for that.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:17 pm

You don't agree his wife and brother are idiots?
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:16 pm

Yes.
He is the Kyrie of the NFL.
Spot on.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:19 pm

You don't agree his wife and brother are idiots?
They are.
That doesn't change my previous comment though.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:18 pm Brittany is a ticking time-bomb disaster.
I just don't get it. That entire relationship.

I swear she must have dirt on him or something. Or the best sex game of all time.