Random CBB

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Random CBB

Post by pdub »

Didn't belong in a KU 2023 recruiting thread and didn't want to start a 2025 thread but there's a kid from the middle of nowhere Maine up here who led his podunk squad to a state title.

Cooper Flagg. 5 stars, 3rd ranked player.
Just got a ( throw up ) offer to Duke.
Likely the best basketball player ever out of the state.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... oper-flagg

Would be cool if he went to U Maine but it ain't happening.
NDballer13

Re: Random CBB

Post by NDballer13 »

There's a 2025 kid up here, Mason Klabo, who apparently has gotten some interest from KU. 24 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast, 3 steals as a Freshman.

I don't put too much stock into freshman having good seasons up here, because it happens pretty often as they develop early then flame out as others catch up physically, but it's not as common for P5 teams to show interest that early. I forget the relationship, whether it's an assistant coach or a teammates dad, but whoever it is played HS ball with Boschee (Klabo plays on the same EYBL program Boschee did too) and is still pretty close with him. And he seems to believe that he'll instantly accept an offer from KU if he were to get one.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.coachesdatabase.com/marvin- ... nsas-city/

I hadn't noticed that Kansas City hired former New Mexico State head coach Marvis Menzies as their new head coach. Interesting. Seems like a nice hire above their station in the game. I hope it works out and he can do some things down there.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -february/

Interesting non-con "bracket buster on steroids" concept being floated out there but it wouldn't be for the big time leagues. A home-away series in mid-February with a similarly ranked team to build ncaa tourney resumes. The pitch has been sent to the 26 leagues outside of the six biggest conferences (ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC).
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

That's the same dude who has the brilliant idea for Gonzaga to go the "Notre Dame route" and go independent and expect power conference to adjust their scheduling to accomadate them to get bigger names on the schedule during January and February.

I treat him like Mike Vernon. Put zero weight into what he says, but spam enough ideas and one is bound to be 'not terrible'.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Caleb Swanigan dead at 25. Natural causes, but at 25, his weight had ballooned again so probably any number of issues. His story was pretty awesome.