Welcome Kevin McCullar

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Welcome Kevin McCullar

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 863

Re: Welcome Kevin McCullar

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Wonder if that means Self got word Jalen is staying in no matter what?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CB gone.

A little surprising that Yesufu is not in the portal. McCullar a good pick up and can play on the ball if needed.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

McCullar is a stud. Going to be a really good college player next year. I like this new form of one and done better than the freshman version
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

"stud"?
If he's a stud then I am John Holmes Jr.

Oh, and I should also say/post - welcome KMC! Maybe.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:30 pm CB gone.

A little surprising that Yesufu is not in the portal. McCullar a good pick up and can play on the ball if needed.
I still think Yesufu will start next to DH.

McCullar could be a rotation player or he could be next year's Yesufu. So hard to predict transfers.

What he has working for him is defense and versatility.

Can he beat out Gradey and Rice for minutes?
kujayhawkfan

Post by kujayhawkfan »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm Wonder if that means Self got word Jalen is staying in no matter what?
It's for the replacement of Christian Braun
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
kujayhawkfan

Post by kujayhawkfan »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:24 pm assuming he withdraws

https://twitter.com/kevin_mccullar/stat ... jZ8tuWZt8w
It's likely a good chance that he will withdraw his name
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

Hate to be so negative because I can imagine a scenario where he contributes, but I don't see him making a big impact. And if he ends up starting for a lot of the season, I think that speaks poorly of the younger guys on the roster.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I like McCullar's game a lot; he can do a little bit of everything and will be a great secondary ball handler...great defensive player as well. Obviously this means CB is gone...but then again, I thought the same about Ochai after JCL signed.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He is not a very good shooter at all but he is tough and can be a match up problem for teams.

Overall, I have concerns about our perimeter shooting for next season. I would have been more excited to get the Mo. State kid but I don't watch film so I trust that Self sees the fit.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Can't overlook his health when seeing that his offensive numbers took a dip from last season. But I think he needs a new system for that side of the ball. Confident they will be better in a faster pace, transition system that we ran this past season. Beard and Adams play slow and are defensive-minded coaches that are comfortable playing in the 50's and 60's.

You're getting a guy that has proven to be a good player at this level that does a little bit of everything--that's what we will be missing with Christian Braun's departure. There's still room for another guy whether it's Hunter or Mosley. Not sold on either of Yesufu or Rice right now.
kujayhawkfan

Post by kujayhawkfan »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:50 am Can't overlook his health when seeing that his offensive numbers took a dip from last season. But I think he needs a new system for that side of the ball. Confident they will be better in a faster pace, transition system that we ran this past season. Beard and Adams play slow and are defensive-minded coaches that are comfortable playing in the 50's and 60's.

You're getting a guy that has proven to be a good player at this level that does a little bit of everything--that's what we will be missing with Christian Braun's departure. There's still room for another guy whether it's Hunter or Mosley. Not sold on either of Yesufu or Rice right now.
That's because rice hasn't played a game of college basketball yet
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Sometimes it's interesting to see what fans of the school a player is leaving are saying about the transfer to get an idea of what kind of player you're getting. Needless to say, looking on social media, Texas Tech fans are BIG MAD and extremely bitter over this move.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:50 am Can't overlook his health when seeing that his offensive numbers took a dip from last season. But I think he needs a new system for that side of the ball. Confident they will be better in a faster pace, transition system that we ran this past season. Beard and Adams play slow and are defensive-minded coaches that are comfortable playing in the 50's and 60's.

Yeah, it seems like it would be hard for anyone to develop offensively in Adams' system. It is not really designed to get many good looks like Self's system.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:58 am Sometimes it's interesting to see what fans of the school a player is leaving are saying about the transfer to get an idea of what kind of player you're getting. Needless to say, looking on social media, Texas Tech fans are BIG MAD and extremely bitter over this move.
McCullar disabled the comments on his announcement because he saw how Tech fans treated his former coach after he left for UT.

Tech fans really showed their ass, and I bet McCullar will need security detail when he visits Lubbock next season. Just trash.
UnholyLivingDead

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:01 am
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:58 am Sometimes it's interesting to see what fans of the school a player is leaving are saying about the transfer to get an idea of what kind of player you're getting. Needless to say, looking on social media, Texas Tech fans are BIG MAD and extremely bitter over this move.
McCullar disabled the comments on his announcement because he saw how Tech fans treated his former coach after he left for UT.

Tech fans really showed their ass, and I bet McCullar will need security detail when he visits Lubbock next season. Just trash.
Yeah the Beard stuff was wild but I also don't doubt Beard made that move because they told him he'd be coaching in the SEC soon. But this is pretty immature.

https://twitter.com/SSN_TTU/status/1527442718900772866
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ChicagoHawk wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:37 am Hate to be so negative because I can imagine a scenario where he contributes, but I don't see him making a big impact. And if he ends up starting for a lot of the season, I think that speaks poorly of the younger guys on the roster.
Why would a guy who has been a major contributor for one of the best teams in the country the last 3 years making an impact speak in any way about the younger guys? NDPOY candidate with some offensive skill. Sign me up.

Then again I've never been the type to think an incoming freshman is automatically better than a guy who has already played at that level, and proven to be very good at it.
UnholyLivingDead

NDballer13 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:11 am
ChicagoHawk wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:37 am Hate to be so negative because I can imagine a scenario where he contributes, but I don't see him making a big impact. And if he ends up starting for a lot of the season, I think that speaks poorly of the younger guys on the roster.
Why would a guy who has been a major contributor for one of the best teams in the country the last 3 years making an impact speak in any way about the younger guys? NDPOY candidate with some offensive skill. Sign me up.

Then again I've never been the type to think an incoming freshman is automatically better than a guy who has already played at that level, and proven to be very good at it.
Especially for a guy who isn't even guaranteed to even enroll at KU at this point. Now I'm guessing the concerns about his offensive game means he will withdraw for the draft, but we don't even know if he'll be on the roster at all right now. If this is the guy that fills CB's spot, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Especially for a guy who can handle the ball and guard all 5 positions on defense.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If ChicagoHawk is saying that this might speak poorly of Yesufu and Pettiford, then I'd agree. On Pettiford, the poor dude has 3 major injuries in each of his last 3 seasons of ball. It sucks, but it's concerning.