Dark Star

You Love It.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Dark Star

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Do both - if you can.

Was tempted to go to PITS and after seeing last night's set lists I am disappointed with myself for not doing as such.

Sugar Mag
Deal
Shakedown
Ramble on Rose
They Love Each Other
Tennesse Jed
Jack Straw
Casey Jones

St. Stephen
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Hey Jude
Estimated
Eyes
Drums/Space
Cumberland
Stella
One More Saturday Night

Ripple
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Looks like too many people I see at Dead and Company shows. People ranging in age from their teens to their 80s. Actually gets annoying at times. I would say I typically see a minimum of 10 people going down for the count.
I don't know exactly how many times I saw Jerry but it's between 50 and 75. Never once under the influence of LSD.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:31 am https://youtu.be/5bjAh2Zik0M
That was known as a "keeper".

If you need to see/watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks9kVAhDh8g
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ok, I admit it. I am NOT a fan but I don't take "party drugs" so maybe I'm just not the right audience for it.

I mean, it's tolerable but not my cup of tea. Or maybe I should say not my hit of _________ ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHWVF6WQWTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ORFehHTxU

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnvKqdQvpuW/?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I gave each about 30 seconds. Interesting but I'll pass.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:49 am I gave each about 30 seconds. Interesting but I'll pass.
That's pretty much my opinion/attitude too. She's performing after the Friday D&C show at Wrigley.

My guys (Mr. Blotto) traditionally play at/outside Wrigley before the show/s. More my speed (taste).

Bill Walton usually joins them if he's in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbunGbekVHk

These were videos I took the following year.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... th=560&t=0" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... th=560&t=0" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

https://www.facebook.com/1109929250/vid ... 288325773/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

No Billy for the D&C tour. Not a shocker. Dude should have quit last tour when he had his health issue/s.

https://www.thewrap.com/grateful-dead-d ... inal-tour/
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

If'in I remember correctly, he's the youngest member. Hope he's well.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:45 pm If'in I remember correctly, he's the youngest member. Hope he's well.
Just looked, seems Bobby is the youngest member of the surviving members of the Grateful Dead.
At 75 he has Billy (74) beat by a year.
Up until this year I would look at Phil Lesh and think he looked the youngest to me - while he has been the oldest. He's currently 83 years old/young.
ousdahl

Re: Sat Shack

Post by ousdahl »

man.

just gotta blow off some steam about my family.

so my brother's visiting my folks in MI this weekend. wanted to introduce the fam to the new dog and shit.

Naturally, mom calls me last night with the guilt trip about why I'm not coming to visit too, and also guilt trip about how sick Uncle Don is. She makes it sound like he might not make it through the night, but mom's dramatic, she says shit like that every night. Dad (older brother to Uncle Don) says the doctor says a matter of months, which might be paradoxically even scarier to hear than mom saying not through the night.

I call her back today to suggest a visit over Memorial Day. She's a mess. Uncle Don kicked the bucket. I offer what condolences I can and stuff, but who's good at that. Besides, wtf is there to say, mom hated Uncle Don, but let's not worry about that right now. Mom says to not even bother talking to dad til the morning. After loosing little brother he's even more of a michhawk than normal, plus right now he's sound asleep in the chair with bro's yappy dog in his lap.

so I call bro. He's stoned off his ass. "Holy shit bro, southeast Michigan is now the marijuana capital of Ohio!" The first exit off the interstate from Toledo, there's now a dozen dispensaries right by the parentals. And, why not a little something to relax, cuz boy did bro have a day!

So he gets off the plane and mom rushes them straight to Uncle Don's. They walk in minutes after he kicked. Some other family's there. And not only that, Uncle Rick showed up. He was the closest to Uncle Don, which is to say, he was the other gushered uncle. And, not only that, boy is he gushered right now!

And not only that, dad and Aunt Lynn are loosing their shit on Uncle Rick, going full Real World/Road Rules on him, yelling and screaming, legit ready to kick his ass, cuz they're emotionally unstable and have no better coping mechanisms, and cuz they also think he stole a bottle of Uncle Don's pills. They kick gushered Uncle Rick out of the house and reconvene around Uncle Don's body. Aunt Lynn insists everyone count an inventory of every last remaining pill.

My brother, even more better at even reading the room than even me, makes a joke like "and I thought the whole reason we came over to Uncle Don's was precisely to score some pills!" The hospice nurse takes the remaining pills, puts them in a bag with kitty litter, and fills it with water. Guess that's supposed to keep them away from bro, and Uncle Rick.

Next, the nurse says she needs someone to help her move the body. Every other family member in the room looks straight at bro. What a way to get off a plane. Welcome to Michigan! As they pick up Uncle Don, the missing bottle of pills falls out from under his blanket.

Shortly thereafter, the family insisted on cleaning out Uncle Don's house, right then and there, arguing about every little thing they find. Shortly thereafter that, the family finds Uncle Don's hidden indoor weed grow. They proceed to fuss at each other about that too. This entire time, bro's little yappy dog has been jumping on everyone barking like the Pomeranian in Big Lebowski.

I guess my point is, is every family this fucked up? Or is my family just a bunch of assholes? oh yeah, and RIP Uncle Don.

*deep breath* thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

In the spirit of being just a family of assholes, how soon is too soon to ask for Uncle Don's guitar?

and, can I get a shot of whiskey and a goddamn bucket, please?

Make it Bud Heavy, cuz that was Uncle Don's drink. He's roll up with empty cans piled up in the back of his car. Prob one of the reasons mom hated him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

FWIW (maybe something - maybe nothing) weirdness at the end of the show last night. Bobby got pissed at Mickey about something.

Nevermind. Seems Mickey wanted to take more photos at the end of the show and Bobby said...... No. But was clearly not happy.

I'll try and post video.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:32 pm FWIW (maybe something - maybe nothing) weirdness at the end of the show last night. Bobby got pissed at Mickey about something.

Nevermind. Seems Mickey wanted to take more photos at the end of the show and Bobby said...... No. But was clearly not happy.

I'll try and post video.
Here is a still shot.....

https://www.facebook.com/1000578679/vid ... 609236784/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I saw that somewhere else. Curious if it's licensed from any of the three owners.

Also, that lighting bolt don't look right.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I have always had the attitude of to each their own in regards to the degrees/extent people enjoy Grateful Dead music - and how they choose to enjoy the experience of attending a concert/show.
I guess I am a miserable piece of shit because in the past 5 or so years I have come to the realization that I am not so tolerant of others. I'm not a fan of those who feel the need to physically push me out of my "spot" so they can move up closer. I'm not a fan of those who feel the need to move to MY "spot" and then dance in a manner in which they are continuously banging in to me - and they know it - and they don't give a shit.
Yet, I know what to expect and I manage to tolerate THAT.
What I am having an extremely difficult time tolerating is/are people who either can't handle their drugs or simply "have a bad trip".
It is NOT an enjoyable experience to constantly have people around me dropping like flies due to drug consumption. Maybe it doesn't sound so bad to you when you read that but now take in to account that I am in a zone enjoying the music - I'm happy - All is well in my world - Minus the pushers and bangers.
All of a sudden people gasp and panic, security runs over and pushes people out of the way (often including myself) while holding an extremely distracting what I refer to as a flashing light saber (so medics can see exactly where they are in the crowd), then the medics try and make their way through the crowd to get to the person in need of medical attention. Then they attend to the person. Sometimes I can't tell if the person is dying or dead. It's upsetting to me and it's impossible to ignore when it's next to and/or near me. While it is happening, it "ruins" the experience for me.

Reason I mention this is because I am a member of a social media group of Dead & Company (and Grateful Dead) fans and I made the mistake of expressing my honest feelings when others brought up the subject of people having "medical situations" at shows. I didn't tell others how I felt they should feel, I simply expressed how it makes me feel. That's all.
Then I was attacked by several people who told me I am "the problem". Wish I understood how I am "the problem" and what "the problem" is in their mind/s - but maybe I am "the problem"?
If that's the case, they can have their dismissive fuck you and your feelings attitude - and enjoy their show/s. I don't need nor want to be a part of THAT "family".
Obviously this bothered and upset me enough that I felt the need to share it on here.

On a happier note.....

I have been getting a kick out of hearing/reading stories of my friends bringing their kids and even grandkids to the D&C shows. No, it's not my/our and my parents and grandparents Grateful Dead show/s but minus the shit I posted about above, it's nice to see generations enjoying the music and experience/s together.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I understand the frustration Gutter. I'd also have a little empathy for the folks who can't handle their intake.
Defense. Rebounds.