serve and protect

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: serve and protect

Post by jhawks99 »

He deserves to be in prison. He did not deserve to be stabbed. I don't recall that being part of his sentencing.
Defense. Rebounds.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

George Floyd didn't get a chance at sentencing.

He deserves whatever he gets (imo of course). I know that's harsh. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Racist cops don't do well in prison.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to get him tbh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This is still America you moran. Wasn't deserved. Dude needs to serve his time and not get stabbed while serving it.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:28 pm George Floyd didn't get a chance at sentencing.

He deserves whatever he gets (imo of course). I know that's harsh. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Racist cops don't do well in prison.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to get him tbh.
Our justice system decided he deserved jail time. Not to get stabbed.
Being that he was found guilty (and I believe he was guilty) of the crime he was accused of committing, I would rather see him rot in jail than die. Despite it costing tax payer money to feed, clothe, and shelter him.

As far as George Floyd, at least 9 times the man had a chance at sentencing - and was sentenced. Including jail time for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.
Perhaps he deserved a 10th chance, and I don't feel he deserved to die, but the man had his issues with "the law". Perhaps if he hadn't, he would still be alive today?

P.S. I'm curious, why are you accusing Chauvin of being/been racist?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:39 pm This is still America you moran. Wasn't deserved. Dude needs to serve his time and not get stabbed while serving it.
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I am surprised that so many of you are surprised that he got stabbed, and offended that I think he deserved it. He's a white cop in prison for a very public killing of a black person.

Did you guys think the other inmates were just going to let him slide?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Larry Nassar deserved to be stabbed too. Certain crimes deserve the "extra" punishment that goes along with being in prison.

Sorry, not sorry.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:37 am I am surprised that so many of you are surprised that he got stabbed, and offended that I think he deserved it. He's a white cop in prison for a very public killing of a black person.

Who said they were surprised he got stabbed? No one. Right? Then why say/claim that?
Who said they were offended that you think he deserved it? No one. Right? Then why say/claim that?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:19 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:37 am I am surprised that so many of you are surprised that he got stabbed, and offended that I think he deserved it. He's a white cop in prison for a very public killing of a black person.

Who said they were surprised he got stabbed? No one. Right? Then why say/claim that?
Who said they were offended that you think he deserved it? No one. Right? Then why say/claim that?
Sorry Gutter. You're right. Nobody said those exact words.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:21 am
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:39 pm This is still America you moran. Wasn't deserved. Dude needs to serve his time and not get stabbed while serving it.
^^^
I have no idea what to say about “deserved”. I certainly have no illusions that we operate or have ever operated at anything CLOSE to a truly just system.

I don’t have it in me, personally, to root for prison justice. Not in this case or any other.

In part because innocent people do end up in prison, and I hew toward a view of criminal justice that it’s better for ten guilty people to go free than for one innocent man to be punished by the government.

And if prison justice is ok for Chauvin, it’s ok for anyone really. Up to and including those who are not truly guilty of the underlying crime.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Rapists and child molesters who are truly guilty of their underlying crime deserve prison justice.

Chauvin gets pretty close to that threshold imo. He should have stayed in max security where he was mostly kept solitary. He was asking for it moving to medium security where he has far more interaction with other inmates.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:53 am Rapists and child molesters who are truly guilty of their underlying crime deserve prison justice.

Chauvin gets pretty close to that threshold imo. He should have stayed in max security where he was mostly kept solitary. He was asking for it moving to medium security where he has far more interaction with other inmates.
I get that most people don’t understand the inner workings of prison custody, so let me shine some light.

There is very little difference between being in protective custody and being in segregation custody.

PC is designed to protect an at-risk inmate from General Population.

Segregation is designed to keep violent inmates from General Population.

But, as far as treatment and inmate movement…the 2 are practically identical.

As such, there are limits on how much time it is considered humane to keep someone in either PC or Seg.

Both are typically VERY restrictive over recreation time, movement, and even showering. PC, created to protect…is nearly identical to Seg…created to punish.

Most inmates who are in PC voluntarily make the decision to be removed from PC, likely determining that taking their chances in Gen Pop would be preferable.

This POS cop made his decision…by directly causing the person who he had custody over to slowly suffocate…and he knew what fate awaited him when he reached his destination.

I don’t care if Chauvin is racist or not, but I watched him needlessly murder a man in his custody.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:53 am Rapists and child molesters who are truly guilty of their underlying crime deserve prison justice.

Most prisons force movement from Max> Medium>Minumum based on a points system of being on good behavior.

It may not have been his choice.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:45 am

Most prisons force movement from Max> Medium>Minumum based on a points system of being on good behavior.

In part because it’s more expensive to keep people in individual custody.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:18 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:19 am

Sorry Gutter. You're right. Nobody said those exact words.
^^^

Gutter is right. I totally expected Chauvin to receive "prison justice", and partially attributed his, what seemed to me very odd demeanor during his trail, to his being certain of that too. (Who knows, maybe he was always "odd", or I'm wrong?)

I also completely agree with Fish that because there are too many innocent people incarcerated for things they didn't do, as much as I might wish someone who's guilty would get their comeuppance in prison, it's not worth someone who isn't guilty suffering even more for something they didn't do.

And props to Overlander for giving us his obviously informed insight.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Thanks for the insight.

Could the removal of him from PC have been his choice?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:25 pm

Thanks for the insight.

Could the removal of him from PC have been his choice?
Definitely.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Seahawk and I saw eye-to-eye on very little, but one thing was the disgraceful state of America's prisons. NO ONE deserves to get raped in prison. NO ONE deserves to be mis/maltreated by guards/administration. And NO ONE deserves to get shivved. Believing otherwise is to believe that the system can and should be rigged to mete out torture, not punishment, to those we deem deserving, in contravention of the foundational principles of self-governance.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

good job good post
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

There's a reason you're my favorite.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto