Indoctrination Centers

Ugh.
twocoach

Indoctrination Centers

Post by twocoach »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/carol-swa ... on-centers

"That is chilling in the sense that the universities have been destroyed. The university is over. The university is not a marketplace for ideas. It is an indoctrination center," Swain told "Fox & Friends."

"And the persons, the teachers who have come out of the university system. They have come out woke. And if they have a degree in teaching education, their mission is to indoctrinate your children."

My first thought when I read this article was "I bet this woman is a product of the largest indoctrination center in world history, the Catholic Church, and is mad that people are being raised in a way that is different than she was indoctrinated. Sure enough, one of her books for sale "Be the People: A Call to Reclaim America's Faith and Promise", including a plug by none other than good old Sean Hannity:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y ... taft_p1_i1

It seems like the more people scream about the "indoctrination of today's youth" the more likely it is that they were a product of the Catholic Church, which is in my opinion the largest indoctrination program in history. The problem doesn't really seem to be that youth are being indoctrinated; just that they are being indoctrinated by someone who isn't the Catholic Church.

I'd be curious to see when this push to label any non-Catholic/conservative teachings as "indoctrination" began.
MICHHAWK

Re: Indoctrination Centers

Post by MICHHAWK »

the teachers unions should stick to what they know. reading. writing. arithmetic.

leave the raising to the parents.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Since the baby daddies left the mommies a couple generations ago, it kinda has left some of the raising to the teachers. The teachers do NOT WANT to raise your kids. But they don't want killers coming at them either so they had to start giving hugs and teaching character. Step up men. Be responsible for your families. Quit dicking around and lead. Blame, blame, you are the victim, victim, whine. Quit dicking around and lead.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

did you borrow Qusdahls Supersized broad brush for that one?
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I thought it CRAZY to think that teachers want to be raising kids. I actually have my own mind and do not listen to tv news or read twitter to get ideas. So I stated a quick opinion. I was counting on you to hash out the details.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I thought it crazy to paint all fathers as absentee deadbeats and place the blame for society squarely on their shoulders
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Too much "dicking around".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:46 am the teachers unions should stick to what they know. reading. writing. arithmetic.

leave the raising to the parents.
I don't think "all people deserve to be treated well" is a lesson that should only be taught by parents. I don't know what school district your kids are in but I haven't see or hear of anything that sounds anything remotely like "indoctrination" from either of my children.

Meanwhile, my family and I attended a funeral at a Catholic Church a few weeks ago and the first thing my college freshman daughter said to me when we got home was "I didn't realize how creepy culty church stuff was".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

as literally the only member of my family who isn’t a teacher, i can tell you that teachers largely want parents to mind their own business when it comes to the curriculum being taught
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if it's not mom and dads business what is being taught, whose is it.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the teachers unions would do everyone involved a huge favor if they would stick to reading, writing and arithmetic.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:37 pm if it's not mom and dads business what is being taught, whose is it.
um, the people who’ve specialized in how and what to teach?

when you’re sick, who do you go see?

when your car is broken down, where do you take it?

if you want to learn something new, where do you go?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:37 pm if it's not mom and dads business what is being taught, whose is it.
Do you get to give advice on how doctors, lawyers, plumbers, electricians, do their jobs? No, because you know as much about it as you do building a teaching curriculum, nothing.

A patents job is to provide food, shelter, ensure kids are healthy and get enough sleep and help them make sure they complete their assignments on time. Unfortunately, a chunk of the parents are failing at portions or all of even those basic jobs. Yet you think these people now also need to be involved in designing the curriculum?!? Ridiculous. Home school your kids if you feel you can do that all well without failing your kid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mich has never let lack of knowledge impede his ability to type platitudes on his keyboard.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:40 pm the teachers unions would do everyone involved a huge favor if they would stick to reading, writing and arithmetic.
Parents would do an even bigger favor to society if they focused on getting into healthy, successful relationships before having kids, providing a safe, healthy household for those kids once they are born and supporting their basic physical and mental needs when they are in school and leaving the teaching to the professionals.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't do or teach just bitch about those who can and who teach.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Uhh, there is a reason we have local control of schools. There is a reason there are local school boards that do not allow teachers to be members. Now, I don’t know what those reasons are, but we are not Singapore. We do not have a national curriculum (gosh that would be so much easier for everyone).
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The reason we don’t have a National curriculum is because there’s a large part of the country which celebrates ignorance and vilifies knowledge and learning.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

in the last 30 months we have had a lot of villians. but the teachers unions are numero uno.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

zsn wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:23 pm The reason we don’t have a National curriculum is because there’s a large part of the country which celebrates ignorance and vilifies knowledge and learning.
You mean mich.
Defense. Rebounds.