Indoctrination Centers

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Indoctrination Centers

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:58 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:00 pm ...

Cornell Law School professor Michael Dorf said the court's majority appears skeptical of government decision-making premised on secularism.

"They regard secularism, which for centuries has been the liberal world's understanding of what it means to be neutral, as itself a form of discrimination against religion," Dorf said of the conservative justices...[/i]
I have been told numerous times by a very religious relative that I am arrogant for believing that religion is not something that I need in my life to form positive values of right and wrong. I have been told numerous times by said person that anyone who believes that the Word of God should not be what forms the rules of our society should not be in our society and that anyone so stupid as to believe what is plainly obvious, that God is awesome for all, is violating her Freedom of Religion.
This should go in the religious makes you dumb thread as well. Dumb fucking sheep
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

unless you were trying to force your religion on this person. why would you find yourself ensnarled in numerous discussions about religion with this person.

were you trying to ram your religion down this persons throat.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

do you actually read the words that are posted?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

as best as i can recollect, i have never asked another person about their religion.

as best as i can recollect, i have never been ensnarled in a discussion about religion. for sure i have never been tangled up into a discussion about religion that i did not want to be in.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:50 pm as best as i can recollect, i have never asked another person about their religion.

as best as i can recollect, i have never been ensnarled in a discussion about religion. for sure i have never been tangled up into a discussion about religion that i did not want to be in.
I need a decoding ring.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:14 pm unless you were trying to force your religion on this person. why would you find yourself ensnarled in numerous discussions about religion with this person.

I was voicing my desire to not have other people's religion rammed down my throat in the form of federal and state laws. I am not religious at all.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

defixione wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:12 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:50 pm as best as i can recollect, i have never asked another person about their religion.

I need a decoding ring.
Careful what you wish for...
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

where does one order a decoder ring for malcontent, internet deviant whackadoodles?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 pm do you actually read the words that are posted?
He does not.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:56 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 pm do you actually read the words that are posted?
He does not.
day by day, the trolling/senility seems to be getting worse
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm
He does not.
Trump really ruined a lot of people. It’s quite sad really
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:14 pm unless you were trying to force your religion on this person. why would you find yourself ensnarled in numerous discussions about religion with this person.

The Federal Government and State Government, through the tax code, are asking me to subsidize religious activities, whether I agree with them or not. That’s one of the definitions of ramming religion down the throat.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

So the indoctrinating that is going on is that there is religious prayer in front of minors where there is invitation and subsequent peer pressure to participate.

I’m a Christian, but I have to wonder if the devil isn’t directing this. I can give to Caesar what is Caesar’s (Mark 12:17)… but wait, our money says “in God we trust.” That is the official US motto. It hasn’t always been that. It was changed in the mid 1950s around the same time that “under God” was added to the Pledge of Allegiance. Ironically, it seems that attendance at Sunday services of organized religion have been decreasing since. I don’t know much about this case or coach, but as a member of teams, we recognized good sportsmanship and citizenship. As an individual, people may praise the God or pasta of choice while on the school property. By the example of their visible life choices, they influence others in their spiritual journeys. It, could be to avoid that religion like the plague or to be curious and happy and welcomed by that religion. Anyway, IMO, I think sometimes these public tactics backfire (assuming sincere religious practice was the goal).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:23 pm

The Federal Government and State Government, through the tax code, are asking me to subsidize religious activities, whether I agree with them or not. That’s one of the definitions of ramming religion down the throat.
I agree with you as I am not religious. I also think similar statements could be made about lots of things our taxes are spent on.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm

I agree with you as I am not religious. I also think similar statements could be made about lots of things our taxes are spent on.
None of those things are explicitly defined in the Constitution as needing to be separate from The State.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:55 pm where does one order a decoder ring for malcontent, internet deviant whackadoodles?
I'll bet Alex Jones sells something for it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:39 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm

None of those things are explicitly defined in the Constitution as needing to be separate from The State.
and? point still stands.

also , none of them? Are you an expert on constitutional tax law and explicitly aware of what each and every dollar of the various taxes jurisdictions is being spent on? Or, are you hanging your hat in the word "separated" specifically.

I dont know the answer to that but my guess is if you looked hard enough somebody could find something that was "unconstitutional" and funded by tax dollars.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also, I was agreeing with ZSNs main point. Not sure why you're starting an argument that doesn't need to happen.....you complain about that often.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:22 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm

He does not.
Trump really ruined a lot of people. It’s quite sad really
He didn’t ruin anyone.

He made a soft comfy place for idiots to feel like they just as smart or smarter than the rest of us.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »