Flight Cancellations

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Flight Cancellations

Post by twocoach »

I was super excited when I found out that an old roommate's band was going to be coming from Boston to Omaha to play a gig this evening. It's been more than 20 years since I saw him.

His flight just got canceled.

With the daily flight cancellations at nearly a thousand a day, I am getting very nervous that my family's summer vacation plans are also going to get ruined by a cancelled flight. It would be nice if companies would actually adjust to the market and pay employees what is now necessary to properly staff their organizations.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Flight Cancellations

Post by pdub »

It has come to the point where a normal flight experience is like a unicorn.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m supposed to fly to Tucson on business next month…haven’t been on a plane since early 2020

not at all looking forward to the experience
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've flown three times since the 2020 B12 tourney was cut short.
Every flight there and back has been delayed and/or cancelled.

It's shit-tastic right now.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

gonna be in Scottsdale for half the trip… don’t know that there’s anything less appealing than Scottsdale/Phoenix in the middle of July
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:55 am gonna be in Scottsdale for half the trip… don’t know that there’s anything less appealing than Scottsdale/Phoenix in the middle of July
I know something that is less appealing than Scottsdale/Phoenix in the middle of July.
Washington D.C. With a 89 year old. Who has emphysema. Who constantly complains "it's too hot" if it's warmer than 76 degrees.
Average July high temp in D.C. is 89 degrees - and my guess is with 50%+ humidity. It's brutal.
I'll happily trade places with you.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:17 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:55 am gonna be in Scottsdale for half the trip… don’t know that there’s anything less appealing than Scottsdale/Phoenix in the middle of July
I know something that is less appealing than Scottsdale/Phoenix in the middle of July.
Washington D.C. With a 89 year old. Who has emphysema. Who constantly complains "it's too hot" if it's warmer than 76 degrees.
Average July high temp in D.C. is 89 degrees - and my guess is with 50%+ humidity. It's brutal.
I'll happily trade place with you.
Break up with her
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:37 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:17 am
I'll happily trade place with you.
Break up with her
Come on! Don't you think we make a nice couple?

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The visual helps
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am glad I am not flying this weekend though driving I expect to be pretty awful as well.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hanging at Chez 99 this weekend. Sposeda rain the next two days. May fire up the smoker on Monday.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

maybe they'll ban flying next
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:48 pm maybe they'll ban flying next
Wouldn't be the worst thing that has happened lately.

It would be good for the environment if they did, that's for sure.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They should limit people to 4-5 or fewer airline trips a year, and then charge exponentially more for every flight beyond that.

Lot fewer flights.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Fuck all the people who work in the airline industry. From the pilots to the people who clean the toilets in the airport. Never-mind all the other people who make money in the travel industry who would be affected. Fuck them all.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not all at once.
And maybe some of the money would be made up from the rich having to pay 10 grand for their 12th flight.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:26 pm Fuck all the people who work in the airline industry. From the pilots to the people who clean the toilets in the airport. Never-mind all the other people who make money in the travel industry who would be affected. Fuck them all.

Coal. Oil. Airline.

The list goes on.

At some point, doing what's best for the environment of our planet has to become the top priority.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I despise flying anymore. Had to go to Tulsa for work a few weeks ago, chose to drive versus deal with the TSA, flight cancellations, delays, etc.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:13 pm They should limit people to 4-5 or fewer airline trips a year, and then charge exponentially more for every flight beyond that.

Lot fewer flights.
could you even imagine