Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

More significant ammo for Donny.
Rising gas prices.
He blames it on Joey, people believe it's Joey's fault.
+1 Donny -1 Joey.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think the back-channel communication with the Kremlin convinced him that there was no connection. He is trying to rehire Manafort. . .
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:16 pm More significant ammo for Donny.
Rising gas prices.
He blames it on Joey, people believe it's Joey's fault.
+1 Donny -1 Joey.
This is only "significant" to the extent people who know better play to the credulity of people who don't.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Would be nice to fund Ukraine. I am beyond f$%^s to give MAGA traitors.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I can't believe I have to post this

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DC showing, once again, he really is Qusdahl’s sock.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 am Some people say he's a nice guy.

I saw this the other day, almost posted it, but wasn’t sure if it was really real and didn’t care enough to look further into it.

But since you posted it first, lemme just say - Alex Jones should be aware of how he sounds here…don’t threaten they/them with a good time!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

gas prices have gone up significantly in my area in the last 30 days.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If we’re gonna credit a sitting potus when gas prices go down, maybe we should blame a sitting potus when gas prices go up.

I dunno. Both seem kinda silly.

I kinda think it’s the work of some invisible hand regardless.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:01 pm If we’re gonna credit a sitting potus when gas prices go down, maybe we should blame a sitting potus when gas prices go up.
trust me. i do.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 am
japhy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:52 am And if trumpty dumpty does win and did mean it, well; we can all take comfort in the thought that the damage he does can be repaired/reversed in four decades or so.
Did mean what?
Ah ah ah ah; oh wait, I forget how much you hate cryptic.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:07 pm
I can't believe I have to post this

And yet elections are won in that margin.

Those who don't read or trust news media are more likely than not either; not voting or are voting according to their tribe already.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:56 pm gas prices have gone up significantly in my area in the last 30 days.
Gas companies raise their rates every time the calendar rolls over to a time when lots of people travel more and many school aged people are traveling over their Spring Break. It will magically come down for a while and then will magically go back up right around Memorial Day weekend.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

❓ What about other occupations? A majority of respondents said they are not very or not at all comfortable with a professional in their eighties performing other occupations, like performing surgery (62.3%) , piloting a flight (60.2%) or driving a school bus (55%).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm going to vote in Illinois Primary in an hour and a half.
Two reasons why.
One is NOT to support ANY candidate who is running for President. Joey and Donny already have the nomination - and Fuck 'em both.
First reason being I want to vote for the Cook County States Attorney. I want someone who will be tough on criminals. Two Dems that I think are probably polling about 50/50. One will be tougher than the other. Come November I will have a tough decision. I just might vote for the Pub Candidates.
Second reason being Mayor Fuckwad Suck My Johnson's "Bring Chicago Home" tax.
Will hurt ME and many others in this city while he claims will help the "needy". I'm in favor of helping the needy but this tax will hurt those who help the needy more than it will help the needy.
FUCK HIM!
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinois ... ople-down/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 pm ❓ What about other occupations? A majority of respondents said they are not very or not at all comfortable with a professional in their eighties performing other occupations, like performing surgery (62.3%) , piloting a flight (60.2%) or driving a school bus (55%).
I wonder if anyone has calculated how much money Warren Buffett made for Berkshire Hathaway since he turned 80 and how much before. Especially in terms of y-y growth.

Wonder what percentage of respondents in the survey have heard of Warren Buffett
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

hYstEricAL!

These people need to calm down. If she actually knew trumplethinskin's heart, she would realize he is a decent guy.
Sarah Matthews, a former press aide to Donald Trump, on Monday said that she had no doubts about the message the former president was sending with his weekend warning of a “blood bath” if he doesn’t win back the White House.

Trump allies have claimed that the presumptive GOP nominee’s remark was just about the auto industry and the economy under President Joe Biden. But critics — now including Matthews — have highlighted how it’s part of a pattern of incendiary comments from the four-times-indicted ex-POTUS.

It follows Trump’s “proven track record of these kinds of unhinged comments,” Matthews told MSNBC’s Jen Psaki, pointing also to his “increasingly violent rhetoric and apocalyptic rhetoric, almost.” These serve as a “warning call” or even marching orders for his supporters, she added.

Matthews explained Trump’s tactic of deliberate ambiguity.

“Trump oftentimes speaks in these kinds of incoherent, vague sentences, so that allows people to draw the conclusion that they want to fit their own narrative,” she said.

“Obviously the Trump campaign is out there saying, ‘Of course he’s talking about the auto industry.’ But then why would he use a phrase like ‘that’s going to be the least of it’ immediately afterward? That alludes to something more,” Matthews added.

She acknowledged that Trump may just have been talking about the economy. But he “helped incite a deadly insurrection on our nation’s Capital,” she recalled. “So when he’s using terms like ‘blood bath,’ it’s really hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.”

Matthews resigned as Trump’s deputy press secretary on the day of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection. She has since become a fierce critic of her former boss.

“When he refused to accept the results of the 2020 election, it started this slow burn in me where I felt really uncomfortable with the things he was saying and doing, and then obviously it was a breaking point for me on Jan. 6,” Matthews revealed last month.

Matthews has said that she’ll vote for Biden over Trump in November.
OK, But you really can't take all of trumpty dumpty's hyperbole at face value. This all just strengthens his rube support. And they are making millions of new rubes every day. It's the cool thing to be, everyone wants to be a rube and the media is to blame; not trumpty or the Rubepublican Party for giving him a legit platform; it's the libs fault.
WASHINGTON, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Former U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton excoriated former President Donald Trump as an utterly self-interested man who would punish personal enemies and appease adversaries Russia and China in a new edition of his memoir released on Tuesday.

Bolton, who served in Trump's White House in 2018 and 2019, accused the Republican presidential frontrunner of having no political philosophy or coherent policy outlook. If re-elected, Trump could leave the NATO security alliance, curb support to Ukraine despite Russia's 2022 invasion, embolden China to blockade Taiwan and generally pursue isolationism, Bolton warned.

"Trump is unfit to be president," Bolton wrote in the new foreword to "The Room Where it Happened," his account of the 17 months he spent as Trump's national security adviser. "If his first four years were bad, a second four will be worse."

While Trump casts himself as the underdog's champion, once saying "for those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution," Bolton argues he is fundamentally self-regarding.

"Trump really cares only about retribution for himself, and it will consume much of a second term," he wrote in the forward to the paperback edition of his memoir, which painted a bleak picture of America during a second Trump term.

Bolton said before serving Trump he mistakenly believed the burdens of office would discipline the president. In the event, he found the former president consumed by self-interest.

"He cares almost exclusively about his own interests," Bolton writes, suggesting Trump would want to be surrounded by "a White House of serfs" to execute his orders unquestioningly.
Fine.

But if it's all truth, any societal damage can probably be reversed in just a few decades so why not take a chance that trumpty has learned his lesson. He will do better this time, and it will all be for you, the REAL Americans!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

all part of the authoritarian playbook for dummies

there will be carnage, and trump is the only savior
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

but. will he bring my gas prices down.