Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: 2024

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:25 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:44 am Is everyone who doesn't vote dem considered a knuckle dragger? LOL
No. I know plenty of perfectly reasonable Republicans. None of the perfectly reasonable Republicans I know would make such an obviously homophobic statement.
Calling a gay guy weak is homophobic? I didn't think his comment seemed like it had anything to do with Buttigieg's sexuality.

Or is it always homophobic to say something negative about a gay guy?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:25 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:44 am Is everyone who doesn't vote dem considered a knuckle dragger? LOL
No. I know plenty of perfectly reasonable Republicans. None of the perfectly reasonable Republicans I know would make such an obviously homophobic statement.
Calling a gay guy weak is homophobic? I didn't think his comment seemed like it had anything to do with Buttigieg's sexuality.

Or is it always homophobic to say something negative about a gay guy?
I think we have covered my opinions on your critical reading skills often enough here.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Is "weak" a gay trait? I certainly don't think so.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Are you currently arguing with yourself Illy?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:30 pm Are you currently arguing with yourself Illy?
like i said a few weeks ago…walking contradiction
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-york- ... popularity

Why I don't believe that Kamala Harris will be the 2024 Dem nominee for President. She hitched her wagon to what was almost 100% guaranteed to be an unpopular President no matter how well he did.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Kamala was never that popular to begin with though
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Cheney 2024?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:38 pm Cheney 2024?
She’ll never come close to winning even one State. But I’ll donate to her campaign (while simultaneously buying stock in Orville Redenbacher) just see her on the debate stage with Trump, DeSantis and Pence. They should put that on PPV and have Human Rights Watch on standby to protect those men - it could qualify as inhumane treatment and torture!!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:38 pm Cheney 2024?
People who tell the truth don't seem to represent the constituents of a majority of the Republican Party based on who they vote for so I don't see much of a future for Cheney as a Republican any more.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i tend to agree with you both

any run, it seems, would be more an opportunity to take trump to the woodshed in a very public way more than anything else

that said, there is this new third party…i don’t know that there is enough ideological alignment, but it’s an intriguing scenario

she apparently can still fundraise with the best of them
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 am i tend to agree with you both

any run, it seems, would be more an opportunity to take trump to the woodshed in a very public way more than anything else

that said, there is this new third party…i don’t know that there is enough ideological alignment, but it’s an intriguing scenario

she apparently can still fundraise with the best of them
Cheney certainly seems capable of humiliating Trump on a debate stage. I'd watch that for sure. But I don't see Cheney as a moderate so not sure she has many platform stances that would align with the as-yet undefined platform of this alleged third party. I doubt I agree with her on much of anything except that Trump is a shit stain on the tapestry of American history.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You sure there will be debates?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

there definitely will

will they include all candidates?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I didn't think the republicans were down with debates.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:18 am I didn't think the republicans were down with debates.
They did plenty of them in 2016. They just didn't do them for the Republicans in 2020 because Trump was the incumbent and all but guaranteed to be the nominee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Repu ... and_forums

I assume that if there are a few serious contenders for the GOP nomination that there will be debates. What I don't assume is that there will be a few serious contenders who actually try to oppose Trump. I hope so, we'll see.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Oh, there will be debates. I think Cheney would ensure that just to stick it to the Party and to make their lives extremely miserable, especially if Trump is anywhere close to being the nominee.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the gop has long threatened not to participate anymore

snowflakes, whom everyone is out to get
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the grand old party is threatening not to participate in the networks rigged presidential debates. where you have the republican nominee going against the democrat nominee.

they will most certainly debate amongst themselves.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:51 pm the grand old party is threatening not to participate in the networks rigged presidential debates. where you have the republican nominee going against the democrat nominee.

they will most certainly debate amongst themselves.
My grandfather always told me "if you think everyone else is the problem then you're the problem". The GOP's playbook is now just claiming that everyone else is against them or persecuting them or censoring them and that everything that doesn't go their way is rigged. It's been Trump's M.O for decades. Pretty amazing to see how easy it was for him to get an entire section of the country to mimic his lame playbook. Not much different than the fans of a losing team in a game to inevitably claim that the refs were out to screw them over.