Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:25 pm but. will he bring my gas prices down.
I have some bad news for you about he “accomplished” this the first time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A guy responsible for an attack on the capitol in a fit of autocratic rage says "bloodbath" and you stand down and stand by IMHO. But then, there are those that normalize his demented brain. He meant something else this time. He didn't mean to attack his opposition. But there it is, we made him act out. Wish him into the corn! Wish him into the corn!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:28 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:25 pm but. will he bring my gas prices down.
I have some bad news for you about he “accomplished” this the first time.
China fungus!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

March 19, 2024

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... ch-19-2024
In Florida, Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, and Arizona, Republican voters chose their presidential candidate today. The results highlight the weaknesses former president Trump is bringing to the 2024 presidential contest.

Trump, who is the only person still in the Republican race, won all five of today’s Republican races. But the results showed that his support is soft. Results are still coming in, but as I write this, former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley, who has suspended her campaign, received between 13% and 20% of the vote, Florida governor Ron DeSantis—who has also suspended his campaign—picked up votes, and “none of the names shown” got more than 5% in Kansas.

Even in Ohio, where Trump’s preferred Senate candidate won, Trump received less than 80% of the Republican vote. After NBC News conducted an exit poll in Ohio, MSNBC producer Kyle Griffin reported that of Ohio Republican primary voters—who are typically the most committed party members—11% said they would vote for Biden in November and another 8% said they wouldn’t vote for either Trump or Biden.

Trump has money problems, too. This morning, Brian Schwartz of CNBC reported that while Trump has pushed Haley voters away, Biden’s team has courted both voters and Haley donors to help Biden defeat Trump. Schwartz said that at least a half dozen former Haley fundraisers have decided to help Biden.

Aside from the Haley supporters who are moving to Biden, Trump’s campaign faces a money crunch. As Schwartz reported yesterday, small donors have slowed down their financial support for Trump considerably, possibly because of fatigue after 9 years of Trump’s supercharged fundraising pitches. Big donors have also been holding back funds out of concern that they will not go toward electing Republicans, but rather will be used to pay Trump’s legal fees.

On March 14, Trump’s people organized a new joint fundraising committee, called the Trump 47 Committee. It is designed to split the money it gets between state Republican parties, the Republican National Committee, and Trump’s Save America Political Action Committee (PAC). As Schwartz notes, Save America spent $24 million on Trump’s legal bills in the last six months of 2023.

While running for president is pricey, so is breaking the law. The former president continues to rail against the law that he must deposit either money or a bond to cover the court-ordered $454 million he owes in penalties, disgorgement of ill-gotten gains, and interest, after he and the Trump Organization were found liable for fraud. “I would be forced to mortgage or sell Great Assets, perhaps at Fire Sale prices, and if and when I win the Appeal, they would be gone. Does that make sense? WITCH HUNT. ELECTION INTERFERENCE!” Trump posted on his social media channel.

Lisa Mascaro, Mary Clare Jalonick, and Jill Colvin of the Associated Press wrote today that Trump is putting the January 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol at the heart of his presidential campaign, rewriting the five deaths and the destruction to claim that the rioters were “unbelievable patriots” whom he will pardon as soon as he takes office again. His new hires at the Republican National Committee to replace staff he fired are strengthening the idea that Biden stole the 2020 election.

He’s being helped by loyalists in Congress who are trying to rewrite the history of that day to claim that Trump and the rioters have been persecuted by the Department of Justice. They are attacking the testimony of witnesses like Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, about what she saw that day, although she testified under oath and they are not similarly bound to tell the truth. Trump has said former Wyoming representative Liz Cheney, a Republican who served as vice chair of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol, “should go to Jail along with the rest of the Unselect Committee!”
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Context is so important fish. When he implied that he would jail the J6 committee, he meant that they would be given an opportunity to win their freedom through hard work. From a factory collective in the Aleutians.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:15 pm Context is so important fish. When he implied that he would jail the J6 committee, he meant that they would be given an opportunity to win their freedom through hard work. From a factory collective in the Aleutians.
The ones who avoid windows, anyway.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Steady as she goes...

...As Schwartz reported yesterday, small donors have slowed down their financial support for Trump considerably, possibly because of fatigue after 9 years of Trump’s supercharged fundraising pitches. Big donors have also been holding back funds out of concern that they will not go toward electing Republicans, but rather will be used to pay Trump’s legal fees...

Save America spent $24 million on Trump’s legal bills in the last six months of 2023
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:18 pm Steady as she goes...

...As Schwartz reported yesterday, small donors have slowed down their financial support for Trump considerably, possibly because of fatigue after 9 years of Trump’s supercharged fundraising pitches. Big donors have also been holding back funds out of concern that they will not go toward electing Republicans, but rather will be used to pay Trump’s legal fees...

Save America spent $24 million on Trump’s legal bills in the last six months of 2023
I also feel like "fatigue" is probably telling only a portion of the story. It won't be too long - I'm sure it's happened already in fact - before we start seeing story after story of Fox News Uncles bankrupting themselves, to their families' chagrin, one cheap, red, China-made tchotchke at a time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Go Fraud Me site will save the day
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump officially hidden away due to "finances' providing cover for cognitive collapse. If he speaks through AI henceforth, we have gone full Revellation image of the beast stuff.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 pm Trump officially hidden away due to "finances' providing cover for cognitive collapse. If he speaks through AI henceforth, we have gone full Revellation image of the beast stuff.
It certainly is notable that he has no public appearances on his calendar for quite some time.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:57 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 pm Trump officially hidden away due to "finances' providing cover for cognitive collapse. If he speaks through AI henceforth, we have gone full Revellation image of the beast stuff.
It certainly is notable that he has no public appearances on his calendar for quite some time.
He is out begging rich Republicans to give him money before tomorrow's deadline.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:29 pm
He is out begging rich Republicans to give him money before tomorrow's deadline.
Actually his handlers gave him two trophies for golf. I shit you not.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:22 pm

I saw that. The former President of the United States is rolling in to accept two Club trophies he stole from the actual golfers who earned them even as his golf game is widely documented as a cheat filled farce.

His political career in a nut shell.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Did anyone see Dark Brandon trolling on the two trophies?

Priceless!!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:55 am Did anyone see Dark Brandon trolling on the two trophies?

Priceless!!
I hadn't, thanks for the heads-up!

(How can you not like Dark Brandon?)

And when Trump puts it like this, you can finally understand why ~50% of the nation is willing to throw 240 years of our nation's history and the constitution away to follow his every grievance and whim, instead:

"...a large and distinguished group will be there..."

Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Very Kim Jong Un-ish
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:57 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:22 pm
I saw that. The former President of the United States is rolling in to accept two Club trophies he stole from the actual golfers who earned them even as his golf game is widely documented as a cheat filled farce.

His political career in a nut shell.
I just don't even follow, logistically, how this would work. Even with the rigging, I mean.

I assume the events were stroke play. And I assume he is talking net - there's not a chance in hell he would win gross in the men's (non-senior) portion (and it is highly unlikely he would win it in senior, for that matter).

So, was he playing forward tees (given his age) and getting a bajillion strokes, and then getting every putt inside ten feet? I assume in that way it's possible for him to squeeze one Putin-esque victory (senior) and one Kim-esque victory (men's).