Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:41 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:16 pm VP Harris makes blatant, urgent, wanton, desperate attempt to increase favorability rating among Hey Boomers:

“I cannot emphasize enough that they need to get to it as quickly as possible,” Marijuana Moment reported, quoting Harris, who was referring to the ongoing DEA review on cannabis scheduling.
For fucks sake, NOW it's important to do something the voters want.

NOW I am fine with them leaving it illegal in KS, NE, IA and OK so that those suckers can pay taxes here in MO.
You sound like someone who deserves a tax cut.

I'll have a talk with her.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Pence goes on Fox and announces he won't endorse Trump in 2024.
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh, yeah, great, NOW Pence finally grows a backbone.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:16 pm Pence goes on Fox and announces he won't endorse Trump in 2024.
Could get interesting.
It would not be surprising to see the 2 factions of the GOP start eating each other.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:16 pm Pence goes on Fox and announces he won't endorse Trump in 2024.
Could get interesting.
It would not be surprising to see the 2 factions of the GOP start eating each other.
That would be among the best things to happen to this country.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I no longer think it’s going to go like that. In fact I think it’s already happened: MAGA took control of the GOP like a brain fungus.

Those Rs who have not (yet?) fallen prey do not recognize the GOP they see, even though in a perfunctory or mechanical or rudimentary sense it still looks and sometimes acts like the GOP they knew.

But it is gone, and the time for a battle has passed.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:02 am I no longer think it’s going to go like that. In fact I think it’s already happened: MAGA took control of the GOP like a brain fungus.

Those Rs who have not (yet?) fallen prey do not recognize the GOP they see, even though in a perfunctory or mechanical or rudimentary sense it still looks and sometimes acts like the GOP they knew.

I typed but then deleted a similarly themed post last night.

There is no Republican party anymore, there's the Trump party made up mostly of Republicans, along with White Supremacists, Christian Nationalists, Fascists, etc. Taking over the RNC like they have so that it will serve Trump's interests instead of the party's and down ballot Republican candidate interests is another major, but only the latest, step in the process.

The "moderate" Republicans missed their opportunity to at least attempt to put an end to it when they voted not to convict him of impeachment in the senate, because they lacked the courage, the spine.
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:02 am I no longer think it’s going to go like that. In fact I think it’s already happened: MAGA took control of the GOP like a brain fungus.

China fungus? MAGA irony.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:28 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm
Could get interesting.
That would be among the best things to happen to this country.
Republicans show strong insight for being deathly afraid of AOC, they should be:

Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how wonderful that “half” of this country is ok with, if not downright supporting, their candidate threatening political violence if he loses

‘murica
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:50 am how wonderful that “half” of this country is ok with, if not downright supporting, their candidate threatening political violence if he loses

‘murica
Some people say that Republicans might break party tradition under Trump and have a platform to run on this year, including tax cuts for the rich, keeping minorities in their place, forced birth, and seizing control of women's bodies. Currently they're waiting for focus group results before deciding whether or not to formally promise to foment a "bloodbath" if they lose.

Stay tuned for the Coup, Volume 2.
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tarot readers think Trump dies or goes to jail. I am hoping his base turns on one another and tries to run from the police in a blizzard.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:29 pm Tarot readers think Trump dies or goes to jail. I am hoping his base turns on one another and tries to run from the police in a blizzard.
in what time frame?

because my money is on him dying too, sometime in the future, for another $50 I'll narrow down that time frame to the next 12-15 years.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

President Biden is putting up these signs across the country next to projects that were funded by the Inflation Reduction Act - a law every single Republican voted against:

Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:29 pm Tarot readers think Trump dies or goes to jail. I am hoping his base turns on one another and tries to run from the police in a blizzard.
in what time frame?

because my money is on him dying too, sometime in the future, for another $50 I'll narrow down that time frame to the next 12-15 years.
Before the election. West of the 71
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:50 am how wonderful that “half” of this country is ok with, if not downright supporting, their candidate threatening political violence if he loses

‘murica
You understand how foolish this is, right?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is foolish to try to incite violence for losing an election.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:26 pm
japhy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:41 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:16 pm VP Harris makes blatant, urgent, wanton, desperate attempt to increase favorability rating among Hey Boomers:

“I cannot emphasize enough that they need to get to it as quickly as possible,” Marijuana Moment reported, quoting Harris, who was referring to the ongoing DEA review on cannabis scheduling.
For fucks sake, NOW it's important to do something the voters want.

NOW I am fine with them leaving it illegal in KS, NE, IA and OK so that those suckers can pay taxes here in MO.
You sound like someone who deserves a tax cut.

I'll have a talk with her.
You get me, I like that about you.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:06 pm

‘murica
Seriously, DC. I'm not sure that I understand how foolish this is. It seems to me that half of the country is ok with political violence to achieve their ends. I do look forward to you explaining what you really mean, however.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:12 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:06 pm

‘murica
Seriously, DC. I'm not sure that I understand how foolish this is. It seems to me that half of the country is ok with political violence to achieve their ends. I do look forward to you explaining what you really mean, however.
What I mean is that when the media takes a phrase from a Trump speech out of context and shits its pants about it, that only helps Trump. He says so many real horrifyingly stupid things that lose their potency/relevance when he has an inarguable case of gotcha bullshit to point to. He can -- and will -- say that they're ALL taken out of context.

You know that's bullshit. I know that's bullshit. But the people who are going to decide this election only see the media taking stuff out of context and playing gotcha.

It's sooooo self-defeatingly stoopid.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto