pubs don’t really want donald

dems definitely don’t want joe

desantis vs. ?

harris, no
buttigieg, maybe
newsome, lol
whitmer?
bernie? (is he still alive?)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Re: 2024

Post by ousdahl »

pubs don't really want Donald, but at least according to that graph in the other thread, Donald is still head and shoulders above every other listed GOP candidate.

At this point I think the only way Trump is NOT again the nominee is if he's behind bars, but even that still feels like a long shot. Or, if he's dead. Not that I wish that on anyone, but between his age, his weight, and his diet and exercise and lifestyle, he's not exactly a model of healthy living.

Desantis seems like a safe bet for the GOP...that combination of name recognition and Florida magahead craycray that pubs just can't get enough of

I'd be thrilled if the dems could field some dark horse candidate, maybe even some Washington outsider type of their own, but I doubt it. Rather, I expect a circus of a primary in which the field ultimately clears out for ol' Uncle Joe at the very end, once again.

Expect more "this is the most important election of our lives and we all know how much we hate the other guy that the two-party system has so oligarchically afforded us, so get out there and VoTe vOtE VoTe!!!"
Last edited by ousdahl on Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

A Harris/Buttigieg duo is my guess.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but Harris is pretty lame. She lacks charisma and such.

and, the whole bright shiny "first female veep" novelty has pretty much worn off by now.

but, some sort of Harris v. Desantis could be interesting, in yet another "evil of two lessers" kinda way.

I think Buttigieg is intriguing, cuz I'm pretty sure the religious right wouldn't not attack him on LGBTQIA issues, which might actually backfire on the grander stage.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I know it won't happen, but I would vote for Katie Porter in a second.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm not familiar

but bear in mind - the only POTUS candidate Mericans loathe even more than a black dude, is a woman.

In this day and age, it might likely be some celebrity rich guy type. Mark Cuban or such. Bloomberg made quite a splash for like 45 minutes too.

I'd say Elon Musk...lord knows he has the ego to do it, and the name recognition. But I think he's already too far right, and too appealing to the Musk Stan lobster types, to do it as a dem.

I mean considering how many wives and kids and mistresses and sexual harassment scandals he's been the subject of, dude is prob more the family values party kinda candidate
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:05 am pubs don't really want Donald, but at least according to that graph in the other thread, Donald is still head and shoulders above every other listed GOP candidate.

At this point I think the only way Trump is NOT again the nominee is if he's behind bars, but even that still feels like a long shot. Or, if he's dead. Not that I wish that on anyone, but between his age, his weight, and his diet and exercise and lifestyle, he's not exactly a model of healthy living.

Desantis seems like a safe bet for the GOP...that combination of name recognition and Florida magahead craycray that pubs just can't get enough of

I'd be thrilled if the dems could field some dark horse candidate, maybe even some Washington outsider type of their own, but I doubt it. Rather, I expect a circus of a primary in which the field ultimately clears out for ol' Uncle Joe at the very end, once again.

Expect more "this is the most important election of our lives and we all know how much we hate the other guy that the two-party system has so oligarchically afforded us, so get out there and VoTe vOtE VoTe!!!"
More Republicans want Donald Trump to be their choice in 2024 than anyone else so he is "what they want". I fully expect Trump to be the nominee if he is able to (isn't facing charges) and wants to. His ego won't let him quit this.

I'd rather the Dem nominee be Amy Klobuchar. She is who I will vote for in the Primary if she is still in it when my state gets to vote. Curious to see if Andrew Yang runs again as well. I don't recall his platform stances so I don't know if I would support him. He's just been out of the public eye enough that I question if he has moved on to other things or not.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:38 am I know it won't happen, but I would vote for Katie Porter in a second.
I would vote for her if she ran. Smart cookie, very down to earth and a true servant of her constituents. But I don't see her running.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We were in Florida last week. Trump stuff was everywhere. I saw numerous Trump flags flying on cars in the public beach parking lot we drove past on the way to the airport and probably a dozen Trump hats/shirts through the week.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:12 am I'd rather the Dem nominee be Amy Klobuchar. She is who I will vote for in the Primary if she is still in it when my state gets to vote.
Same.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we’ve been assured here that ‘muricans have moved on from trump
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:24 am we’ve been assured here that ‘muricans have moved on from trump
We've been assured of lots of things that turned out not to be the case. I would be stunned if Trump wants to run and isn't the nominee.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:26 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:24 am we’ve been assured here that ‘muricans have moved on from trump
We've been assured of lots of things that turned out not to be the case. I would be stunned if Trump wants to run and isn't the nominee.
my hunch is that he all but declares. he’ll milk the publicity and fleece as much as he can from his sheep, but ultimately won’t run for fear of loosing and being labeled a 2x looser

but who the fuck knows…he probably doesn’t even know at this point
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

If he runs, at this moment I figure Pete will get my vote in the Primary.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:48 am

Bloomberg made quite a splash for like 45 minutes too.

More like 60 seconds. Thanks Elizabeth Warren.

“I’d like to talk about who we’re running against, a billionaire who calls women ‘fat broads’ and ‘horse-faced lesbians.’ And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.”

That was it for Mikey.
Last edited by Cascadia on Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, Elizabeth Warren.

I usually like her

but, go figure, she was an unpopular candidate in large part cuz she was too smart

#Merica
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I'm indifferent on Warren. I like some of her policy stances and generally like her savage nature in debates, but I question if she could win an election.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i would like us to dispense with all the old haggard lifelong career scumbags that have been a big fat pig in the public trough for the last quarter to a half century. bye.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:31 pm man, Elizabeth Warren.

I usually like her

but, go figure, she was an unpopular candidate in large part cuz she was too smart

#Merica
She is 73 years old. I am fine with her as a Senator as she isn't in my state but we don't need any more 70+ year old Presidents.