Brittney Griner

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Brittney Griner

Post by pdub »

the weed in maine is grown in the fresh air that all folks here breathe every day. the weed is fed with the fresh water that all folks here drink every day. the weed in maine is just as happy as the folks here in maine.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It's not complicated:

Like a number of other issues a majority of Americans are in favor of, like a woman's right to choose, background checks, et al., but a large # of republicans would never vote for and a few democrats in swing or red states know would be political suicide for them if they did, bringing a bill to the floor that you know won't pass would be dumb. And considering the Red Wave everyone expected in 2022 and all the other things you'd like to accomplish, why die on the legalization of marijuana sword?

4/20/21 Senate Democrats split over legalizing weed

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s biggest challenge to legalizing marijuana is his fellow Democrats.

The New York Democrat has repeatedly promised a vote on cannabis reform, promising to tee it up even if President Joe Biden does not get on board. But that goal, which Schumer underlined with a public celebration Tuesday of an unofficial but widely marked marijuana holiday, means little if the majority leader can’t corral the votes for passage in his own caucus. And two Democrats told POLITICO that they oppose removing federal penalties on marijuana.

“I don’t support legalizing marijuana,” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire said in an interview. “We’re in the middle of an opioid epidemic, and the research that I’ve seen suggests that that is a way that more people get into drugs.”

Sen. Jon Tester of Montana was similarly unenthusiastic about ending federal marijuana penalties. Legalization would “cause more problems than it solves,” Tester said. [...]

(And even if Tester and Shaheen were on board, WhoTF knows what Sinema and/or Manchin would do with an opportunity to make it all about themselves, floating there like a hanging curveball?)

Shortly after finishing a joint in the backroom with the owner and Mgr. of a record store/head shop in Wichita, Ks. I worked in not long after Carter defeated Ford in the '76 presidential election, one of them posited, and the other heartily agreed, that because of Carter's win, marijuana would be legal nationwide within two years. I burst out laughing and told them they were not only stoned, but crazy...

"Politics is the art of the possible, the attainable — the art of the next best."
Otto von Bismarck

“What is practical must control what is pure theory.” Thomas Jefferson
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Maine actually is pretty dang cool though...good State. one of my favorites. One of the only states I would consider living in East of the Rockies....Maine, South Dakota, Kansas and North Carolina. Thats it...thats the list.

But boy can you get good deals on land in Tennessee and Arkansas.....amazing, incredible good deals.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:48 am Maine actually is pretty dang cool though...good State. one of my favorites. One of the only states I would consider living in East of the Rockies....Maine, South Dakota, Kansas and North Carolina. Thats it...thats the list.

But boy can you get good deals on land in Tennessee and Arkansas.....amazing, incredible good deals.
please quit reading my mind

(except for the Maine thing…not interested in more snow/cold)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

it's currently 60 and sunny. it's been 60 and sunny for over a month. it will be 70 and sunny in june. and will be 80 and sunny in july and august. and then 70 and sunny in september. and 60 and sunny in october. for seven months of the year it will be 60 and sunny or warmer. it wont be 90. for four months of the year there will be snow and cold. the folks up here love it. there is no better snow in all of the usa. you can eat it right off the ground.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Nov 21, 2022
So, you wanna move to Maine? Guess what, you're not alone.

Maine has become one of the most popular states in recent years for relocation. The mover study has them in the top 5, 4 years in a row. For every 100 that move out 102.7 move in.

Even though it isn’t considered a great state for retirees, A lot of the retirement crowd either moved to the Pine Tree States or stay there when they do retire. This helps them achieve the oldest population of all 50 states.

That doesn’t mean younger generations have ignored Maine, as a matter of fact, the largest demographic of Maine transplants for the last 10 years has been Millenials.

Today's video is about things that help Maine stay on the most moved-to-states list.

(pdub makes an appearance during #9, and they refer to him again under #4. And, they dox him in the process.)

https://youtu.be/pslwuGTHfOw
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Throwback to greatness.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:36 pm Throwback to greatness.

Is Murray…..just…..dumb?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

more likely, just a pos that thinks he’s funny
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's a little funny.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:43 pm It's a little funny.
It's a lot funny.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Someone will need to explain it to me. I don't see anything funny here.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He kinda looks like Griner.
I think the joke is fairly obvious.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

This was fake but many people felt it was real.

https://archive.org/details/griner-1

I don't think they look alike per se but I do feel there are similarities. i.e./e.g. hair and nose? Maybe eyes, eyebrows, chin, ears, too?

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:14 pm
I think the joke is fairly obviously not funny.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:38 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:14 pm
I think the joke is fairly obviously not funny.
^^^

As a former class clown, life-long kidder, someone who is irreverent, nearly always has something to say and is rarely at a loss for words, at some point you need to read the room and learn that objectifying people on the basis of physical characteristics, sexual preference, or racial or ethnic background, is not only not funny, but cruel.

It's a bad look.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Many people find things funny that I don't find funny - and vice versa.
Many people are offended by things I am not offended by - and vice versa.
I fully admit I purposely posted the photo with the intention of wanting to read other people's comments - and expecting to get mixed opinions.

As far as what Kyler Murray may or may not have found funny and what people are choosing to have found to be funny or not.....
I think only Kyler Murray knows what his true intentions were when he posted that.
I'm not 100% sure he was trying to be funny. While I feel it's doubtful, it's definitely possible he may have thought the photo of Brittney Grinner was Larry Fitzgerald.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

He was playing around with his former teammate because they have similar haircuts. At least that's how I took it. I didn't think it was a race thing or a gay thing.

I wonder what Britney Griner thought of it?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:06 pm He was playing around with his former teammate because they have similar haircuts. At least that's how I took it. I didn't think it was a race thing or a gay thing.

I wonder what Britney Griner thought of it?
Excellent points.
Anand Giridharadas