Deleted User 863

Re: DDD Gets Raided

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Yay! Another Trump thread.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

A former president having his home raided by the Feds seems kind of important. I'm sure you can come up with some both sides argument.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m surprised this didn’t happen months ago, given that he admitted to illegally removing documents from the White House
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Guess the DOJ has been requesting the materials that Trump improperly removed from the national archives for a while now.

Garland would need serious evidence that a crime was committed to execute a warrant of this magnitude, against a former potus.

Of course, if any other evidence of any other crime is found, it’s fair game for the DOJ to take.

And here I thought the party was in Wisconsin.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 pm Yay! Another Trump thread.
I admit I am genuinely curious as to who forces you to read them and then post on the threads you are critical of people starting.
Maybe I am being overly dramatic but I can't think of a single person in this country who is more deserving of being discussed than Donald Trump. 1 thread or 100 threads.

Back on topic.....

The man allegedly took classified documents out of the White House - to his home. That's often if not always a big no no.
Should that have just been allowed and ignored?
Remember, this is a man who felt the need to flush "notes" down the toilet in the White House.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Is flushing notes worse than deleting emails?

🤣🤣🤣

"But those notes!" is going to be the new "but her emails".

Same circus. Different clowns.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lol, and to think I almost made a joke about how they prob just raided mar a lago to try and find Cankles’s emails
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:30 am Is flushing notes worse than deleting emails?

🤣🤣🤣

Answer to your question - no. Unless you need to use a toilet that is clogged. "🤣🤣🤣"

I don't believe "but those notes" is going to be the new "but her emails" but those classified documents he removed very well may be.
Like you said, "Same circus. Different clowns" but I feel both are worthy of people's concern and angst. Don't you?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:30 am Is flushing notes worse than deleting emails?

🤣🤣🤣

Both sides
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s the rhetoric like from GOP leadership?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

"U.S. Code Title 18, Section 2071 that states, "Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States."

This will certainly be interesting. There is no doubt that Trump and his associates did not properly follow the law as it pertains to the handling of official White House documentation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 am What’s the rhetoric like from GOP leadership?
Exactly what you would expect. "Weaponization of the FBI", "Banana Republic", "Un-American" etc...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:17 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 am What’s the rhetoric like from GOP leadership?
Exactly what you would expect. "Weaponization of the FBI", "Banana Republic", "Un-American" etc...
In other words, a confession of criminal behavior interspersed with threatening law enforcement.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:19 am
In other words, a confession of criminal behavior interspersed with threatening law enforcement.
Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place" but be the white leader of the GOP cult and it is an Unamerican witch hunt to investigate your clearly illegal behavior.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:26 am

Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place" but be the white leader of the GOP cult and it is an Unamerican witch hunt to investigate your clearly illegal behavior.
Mich approves this message.
Deleted User 863

Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place"
You can't be serious. You're throwing that out as a broad generalization about the pubs? I have never heard anyone say that. I am sure there are some that think cops should just kill any black person for any reason at all, but it's a ridiculously very small minority. Almost nobody thinks cops should kill black people over fake money.

My goodness. You're broken.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:55 am
Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place"
You can't be serious. You're throwing that out as a broad generalization about the pubs? I have never heard anyone say that. I am sure there are some that think cops should just kill any black person for any reason at all, but it's a ridiculously very small minority. Almost nobody thinks cops should kill black people over fake money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WoXiSUz8A
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:55 am

Sorry that I confused you. I should have spelled things out a little more clearly knowing you were probably participating.

"Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place" but be the white leader of the GOP cult and it is an Unamerican witch hunt to investigate your clearly illegal behavior."

I should have remembered that your preference is to just read from the beginning and start to form an opinion before you get to the first punctuation mark. This was not a broad generalization of all Pubs. It is a jab at the portion of Pubs who are out there making comments that it is an unamerican witch hunt akin to a Banana Republic to investigate Donald Trump even when he clearly violated the law.

If you polled the entire US population who feels that Trump is being persecuted in this investigation, I think you would find that far more than a "ridiculously very small minority" have a first reaction of "well if George Floyd would have just not broken the law then he'd be alive today" instead of "George Floyd was unnecessarily murdered by the police for a petty offense".
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The law and order party sure have their collective panties in a bunch over this legit FBI search. WTF.