Medical Issues

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Medical Issues

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Hey, let's be dillsticks and use this thread to vent about and/or discuss our medical issues.

I'll start.......

Was in urgent care and the ER for 10+ hours yesterday. Heart issues. Well, that was originally what the urgent care doc said - and freaked me out about.
Hadn't been feeling well. Dizzy, lightheaded, etc. for a few days. I figured it is/was probably blood pressure so I went to urgent care yesterday.
Doc took an EKG and then sent me straight to the ER. I totally understand and actually appreciate her concern but now in hindsight, I don't understand nor appreciate her need to freak me out. Said I needed to go to ER "immediately". Asked her if I could go home (a few blocks away) and grab stuff if I need to stay in the hospital and she told me - "I can't tell you no but I strongly suggest you don't and you go immediately to the ER". Well, I did go home to pack a bag and then went straight to the ER.
They took another EKG and blood work. Didn't realize blood work can actually show if you had a very recent heart attack and/or very recent heart damage. Thankfully came back negative. They took a chest x ray and it was "ok". Very kind doctors reassured me "you're going to be ok".
Bottom line is they did diagnose me with a heart "issue" but EKG and everything else points to just an arrhythmia. Gave me a heart monitor to confirm (or deny) that.
They basically concluded that the fact I had two teeth pulled recently, had several basically UNrelated complications that caused a lot of pain, my lack of eating and nutrition (between a ton of walking at Lollapalooza and not eating much due to the extractions - I lost between 12 and 15 pounds in 3 weeks), high blood pressure, high blood sugar, stress, etc., all those collectively are the primary culprit/s more than my heart. Keeping my fingers crossed they are right.

I know.......

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Re: Medical Issues

Post by Cascadia »

People might give a fuck if they thought it was true 🤷🏻‍♂️
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sorry you gotta put up with all that, gutter.

Good to hear the docs said you’ll be ok.

Are you at least feeling any better?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Thanks ous! Somewhat better but far from great.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Glad it's nothing "serious", G-man
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Stay well, Gutter.
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Health matters suck. Glad you got the green light on your issues, Rainbows.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

digitalkookie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:12 pm Glad it's nothing "serious", G-man
Thank you!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:19 pm Stay well, Gutter.
Trying. Thank you!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

defixione wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:33 pm Health matters suck. Glad you got the green light on your issues, Rainbows.
Thank you!
shindig

Post by shindig »

Wow, 10 hours, I would be freaking out as well. Glad things aren’t as serious as originally diagnosed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

shindig wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:00 am Wow, 10 hours, I would be freaking out as well. Glad things aren’t as serious as originally diagnosed.
Thank you!
I'm someone who doesn't eat healthy and doesn't take care of myself.
Father had heart attack and bypass at 50. Died at 60. I should know better.
shindig

Post by shindig »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:14 pm
shindig wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:00 am Wow, 10 hours, I would be freaking out as well. Glad things aren’t as serious as originally diagnosed.
Thank you!
Start out slow. For breakfast, I drink a smoothie and a banana, plus a couple cups of coffee. Easy to make. Cut eating out, particularly fast food and go from there. I cut out sodas a couple years ago and I lost probably 10lbs just from that over a year or so. It takes time, but small steps gets your confidence up and you will start to feel better.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

shindig wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:09 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:14 pm
Thank you!
Start out slow. For breakfast, I drink a smoothie and a banana, plus a couple cups of coffee. Easy to make. Cut eating out, particularly fast food and go from there. I cut out sodas a couple years ago and I lost probably 10lbs just from that over a year or so. It takes time, but small steps gets your confidence up and you will start to feel better.
Thanks for the suggestions! I know I have to cut out a lot of sugar. Tweak blood pressure meds. Bunch of other things. Will work on that with my Internist. Also will see a Cardiologist in the very near future.
Time for me to grow up and stop abusing myself.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sugar is one of the worst things for you, and one of the toughest things to kick.

Stick to it though. For the first few days foregoing that soda or candy will feel weird, but at a certain point it’ll feel weird to have sugar again
shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:21 am Sugar is one of the worst things for you, and one of the toughest things to kick.

Stick to it though. For the first few days foregoing that soda or candy will feel weird, but at a certain point it’ll feel weird to have sugar again
Yep, I find now, I don’t even crave sodas (occasionally, yes, and I will treat myself to a Pepsi or Coke every now and then), but not every day, like I used to drink. Cutting back, not cutting out is the trick. Reward yourself every now and then.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

This thread makes me miss Leawood.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:12 pm This thread makes me miss Leawood.
Wait, what? Is Leawood ok?
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Oh man, sorry to hear