Medical Issues

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Medical Issues

Post by Shirley »

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:16 pm Guess sympathy is in short supply in these here parts.

ya buncha hard-a**es.

My nose is a raw as a playground rasberry. Chills have stopped. temp has settled around 97.5°. Cough is nagging, but responds to simple cough drops.

Not that any of you care...
Some people say I covered my empathetic ass, sufficiently:
Shirley wrote:Hope your hoax episode is as mild as possible.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:19 pm if it makes ya feel any better I dont have the vid (I dont think) but I've had this ridiculous cough for 8 or 9 days, a constant and nagging headache l, an occasionally drippy nose and now night sweats for 3 days with no sign of slowing
Tell it to Seinfeld.

Oh,shi*. I can't do it.

I'm sorry, Tdub. Hope you'll feel better soon.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:22 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:19 pm if it makes ya feel any better I dont have the vid (I dont think) but I've had this ridiculous cough for 8 or 9 days, a constant and nagging headache l, an occasionally drippy nose and now night sweats for 3 days with no sign of slowing
Tell it to Seinfeld.

Oh,shi*. I can't do it.

I'm sorry, Tdub. Hope you'll feel better soon.
you too CR
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm
ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:16 pm Guess sympathy is in short supply in these here parts.

ya buncha hard-a**es.

My nose is a raw as a playground rasberry. Chills have stopped. temp has settled around 97.5°. Cough is nagging, but responds to simple cough drops.

You were the only one w/ an ounce of support to offer. Thx for being there.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feel better, CR.

It sucks that a stinging sensation when urinating is a symptom of Covid now too.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My apologies Chalk Rocker. You're right. I hope that you are well soon with no lasting effects.
Defense. Rebounds.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Thoughts and prayers.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Now this is more like it!

Thanks, you guys!
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:49 pm My apologies Chalk Rocker. You're right. I hope that you are well soon with no lasting effects.
I can never stay mad a you. Thanks, 99.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:48 pm It sucks that a stinging sensation when urinating is a symptom of Covid now too.
How did you know? I've never told anyone about that
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:25 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm

ya buncha hard-a**es.

too late
Anand Giridharadas
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:32 pm
ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:25 pm
too late
Shoot. That's so typical of me
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm I worry about my heart, bc I understand it can damage the muscle.

And although I left work yesterday when the cough became pronounced, I was there most of the day. Hope I'm not a typhoid Mary
Hope you're feeling better. I too worry about all the unknown long-term effects of COVID on our bodies. My sinuses haven't been the same since I had COVID. It's like I have a new normal.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:53 am
ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:20 pm I worry about my heart, bc I understand it can damage the muscle.

And although I left work yesterday when the cough became pronounced, I was there most of the day. Hope I'm not a typhoid Mary
Hope you're feeling better. I too worry about all the unknown long-term effects of COVID on our bodies. My sinuses haven't been the same since I had COVID. It's like I have a new normal.
Thanks, tc. Marginally better. I had 2 × Pfizer + boost last yr and boost abt a mo. ago. Thought I'd (a) avoid it altogether or (b) symptoms would be negligible.

I was wrong. She's an a**-kicker.

I'm sorry abt yr sinuses. That sounds kinda scary.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

positive vibes, CR
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Had the same visitor this week. Sat next to someone who had traveled from Europe at a conference.
About a week of symptoms. With me, my immune system goes crazy and I get muscle and joint pain everywhere there might have been a strain. Feeling much better today. Really hit me during the Bills game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It can't be confirmed that it was covid as I never tested positive ( but the BUD did right before I got sick ) but I'm still unable to run and it's been a month. My chest tightens and I completely loose my breath. I've also lost a percentage ( 50? who knows how to judge this ) of my smell and taste.

Let's just assume this won't happen to you though - it's all gon' be good.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:40 pm
It can't be confirmed that it was covid as I never tested positive ( but the BUD did right before I got sick ) but I'm still unable to run and it's been a month. My chest tightens and I completely loose my breath. I've also lost a percentage ( 50? who knows how to judge this ) of my smell and taste.

I lost all smell with Covid Vol. I. Diapers, cat litter boxes, nothin. I exited Covid Vol. I knowing a new, funky smell I'd never smelled before, but now I'll catch it every now and then. Rotten eggs-ish.

Covid Vol. II had no such symptoms for me.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sorry about your illness Rocker! Hope you get/feel/stay better soon.

I'm still trying to figure how/why to the best of my knowledge I haven't it. Yet, my body tells me I have had it. I'm not "right" and haven't been for a couple of years.

Sat in the back seat of a car last Thursday night with someone who has it bad right now. She was in the office Monday. Tested positive on Tuesday. My guess is she had it on Thursday and definitely had it on Monday. Regardless, sucks that my sister is in town and between her, my mother, and I, we figure it's best to wait another day or two to see if I'm ok before I see my sister.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:05 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:40 pm

I lost all smell with Covid Vol. I. Diapers, cat litter boxes, nothin. I exited Covid Vol. I knowing a new, funky smell I'd never smelled before, but now I'll catch it every now and then. Rotten eggs-ish.

Covid Vol. II had no such symptoms for me.
And you recovered what you lost in terms of smell jfish?

My heart goes out to you CR and pdub. Glad you're better Sparko. Hopefully time will be your cure pdub. The medical literature is filled with stories of various after effects, although it's still not a huge percentage, thank goodness. And trying to narrow down the reasons why some people are susceptible to after effects and some aren't has been elusive.

Because people, (not to mention "new" infectious diseases, i.e., the "Novel Corona virus"), are ____ing complicated.

dammit

Hope you don't come down with it Gutter.

As far as I know, I've never had it either...yet.
Anand Giridharadas