CFB 2022

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: CFB 2022

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:17 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:10 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:06 amVisiting isn't the same as "living and raising a family". It's a larger city with more amenities, restaurants, shopping, etc..., it's own airport, is at a crossroads of two major interstates, has some excellent school districts, isn't in the nasty stretch of winter time freezing rain/sleet that stretches up the I35 corridor up to Des Moines so winters aren't as treacherous. It's an excellent college/amateur sports town that hosts a lot of fun sporting events. I could go on but there isn't much need. Lawrence is great but I'd personally rather be in a little bigger city than Lawrence.
I don't think I would/could ever live in Lawrence again but it's a hell of a good time for games and a day visit.

But, that said, live in KC and work in Lawrence seems more doable than live in Omaha and work in Lincoln.
Oh 100%. But Leipold also lives in a sweet house in NW Lawrence. Less than 10 minutes from campus.
Neighbors with the houses of Self, Goff, Manning, Woodland, and the incomparable Doug Compton.

Lawrence would be great if you're a millionaire sports coach.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:52 am most here are pretty biased, but is Lincoln or Omaha a better place to live and raise a family than Lawrence?
Of course not. They’re both in fucking Nebraska!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:06 amVisiting isn't the same as "living and raising a family". It's a larger city with more amenities, restaurants, shopping, etc..., it's own airport, is at a crossroads of two major interstates, has some excellent school districts, isn't in the nasty stretch of winter time freezing rain/sleet that stretches up the I35 corridor up to Des Moines so winters aren't as treacherous. It's an excellent college/amateur sports town that hosts a lot of fun sporting events. I could go on but there isn't much need. Lawrence is great but I'd personally rather be in a little bigger city than Lawrence.
I don't think I would/could ever live in Lawrence again but it's a hell of a good time for games and a day visit.

But, that said, live in KC and work in Lawrence seems more doable than live in Omaha and work in Lincoln.
i tried moving back as an “adult” and it just wasn’t the same…can’t really put my finger on exactly why (other than the obvious of being a student versus not)

the only thing the might take me back would be the passing of my parents and the need/responsibility to take over their property (but that’s what siblings are for…)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:21 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:15 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:10 am
Overall, I'd rather live in KC than Omaha but the one knock on KC for me is the ridiculous spaghetti bowl of roads and highways caused by the giant river slicing it in half. Omaha couldn't be any easier to find your way around as it has a well designed grid and interstate system. There aren't may places in town that I cannot get to in 15 minutes or less.
Sprawl is certainly one of KC's biggest weaknesses. It's led to numerous other problems. And I suspect Nebraska and Iowa in Omaha/CB get along better than Kansas and Missouri in KC.
It's a level of harmless contention that is more Little Brother/Big Brother than anything. Council Bluffs is overall pretty trashy but has a few nice neighborhoods and some low level tax benefits. Think of it more like a smaller St. Joseph, MO or a bigger KC suburb like Blue Springs. It's a "big city" upgrade for rural Iowans but not anywhere that people from Omaha want to move to.
CB=gambling, strip clubs. What's not to love? I suspect it's a place Omahans would say they would never go to but you could catch them there.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:22 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:52 am most here are pretty biased, but is Lincoln or Omaha a better place to live and raise a family than Lawrence?
Of course not. They’re both in fucking Nebraska!
this is kinda where i’m at

i’ve probably spent too much time in rural nebraska, jading my perception
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:22 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:17 am

Oh 100%. But Leipold also lives in a sweet house in NW Lawrence. Less than 10 minutes from campus.
Neighbors with the houses of Self, Goff, Manning, Woodland, and the incomparable Doug Compton.

Lawrence would be great if you're a millionaire sports coach.
Wonder where Self moved to. He mentioned the other day he moved. Probably downsized with no kids in the house anymore.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll just leave this one here since Nebraska living twocoach is clearly biased:

https://www.niche.com/k12/d/lawrence-un ... strict-ks/
https://www.niche.com/k12/d/omaha-public-schools-ne/
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

If Coach Leipold is a craft beer drinker, Omaha beats the shit out of Lawrence - but definitely not KC.
Ain't no seats
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Wiff wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:22 pm If Coach Leipold is a craft beer drinker, Omaha beats the shit out of Lawrence - but definitely not KC.
I enjoyed Zipline and Farnam House. I’m sure there are several more.

Free State is nostalgic, couple of good brews. LB Co is pretty good. The rest are really bad.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Worthless predictions.....

GEO at S.Car +24.5 (Geo wins by 23)
UConn +47.5 at MICH (Mich wins by 41)
OKL -11 at NEB (Okl wins by 17)
Young St. +27.5 at KENTU (Kentu wins by 24)
TXST at BAY -30 (Bay wins by 31)
BYU +3.5 at ORE (BYU wins by 3)
OLE MISS at G.Tech +17 (Ole Miss wins by 13)
PSU -3 at AUB (PSU wins by 8)
UL MON +49.5 at ALAB (ALAB wins by 45)
LIB +16.5 at WAKE (Wake wins by 15)
TOL +32 at tOSU (tOSU wins by 31)
Ark Pine B +57.5 at OKST (OKST wins by 41)
MISSOU ST at ARK -23 (ARK wins by 30)
AKRON +47.5 at TENN (TENN wins by 31)
TEX TECH +10 at NCST (NCST wins by 8)
MICH ST +3 at Washington (MSU wins by 7)
USF +24 at FLA (FLA wins by 20)
PITT -11 at W.Mich (Pitt wins by 13)
LOU TECH at Clemson -33 (Clem wins by 41)
UTSA at TEX - 12.5 (Tex wins by 21)
MIA at TEX A&M -6.5 (A&M wins by 13)
SDSU +21 at UTAH -21 (Utah wins by 21)
FRES ST at USC -11.5 (USC wins by 23)
KAN +8.5 at HOU (Kan wins by 3)
S.ILL at NW -13.5 (NW wins by 17)
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"KAN +8.5 at HOU (Kan wins by 3)"

:)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:25 am I'll just leave this one here since Nebraska living twocoach is clearly biased:

https://www.niche.com/k12/d/lawrence-un ... strict-ks/
https://www.niche.com/k12/d/omaha-public-schools-ne/
Eh, OPS is not one the school districts I was discussing. Westside District 66, Millard and Elkhorn are the good public school districts in the Omaha area.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

As usual, twocoach gets the big things wrong and the little things right.

Omaha is a garbage city. Lawrence or JoCo would be infinitely preferable. Also, no one has ever lived in Omaha and commuted to Lincoln on purpose. Ever. Usually, if forced into that position, people just put down the garage door, turn on the car, and drift gently (and blissfully) away from Omaha.

That said, he's right that Husker fans will piss themselves, if forced to "settle" Leipold. They all want another "home run." Like Bill Callahan. After agreeing to sell their blackened souls in under a week (https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... andidates/), they'll never be happy with a goddamn good coach.

Even though he's turned them down at least three times, they still think they can get Chucky.

They're beyond hope.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Get em DC.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:18 pm As usual, twocoach gets the big things wrong and the little things right.

Omaha is a garbage city. Lawrence or JoCo would be infinitely preferable. Also, no one has ever lived in Omaha and commuted to Lincoln on purpose. Ever. Usually, if forced into that position, people just put down the garage door, turn on the car, and drift gently (and blissfully) away from Omaha.

That said, he's right that Husker fans will piss themselves, if forced to "settle" Leipold. They all want another "home run." Like Bill Callahan. After agreeing to sell their blackened souls in under a week (https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... andidates/), they'll never be happy with a goddamn good coach.

Even though he's turned them down at least three times, they still think they can get Chucky.

They're beyond hope.
I have a coworker whose husband commuted from Omaha to Lincoln for 2+ decades. He was an engineer for the state. Heck, they actually live in Carter Lake, IA near the downtown airport so his commute was a solid 20+ minutes longer than mine would be. There are a number of people who choose to commute down to Lincoln, which as the state capital, has some employment situations that are unique to it.

The weird, random and frequently wrong tangents you choose to shoot off are quite odd.

Most of the regular NU fans I have talked to are all over the place. One wants Leipold, one Klieman, one Meyer, one Stoops from UK. No clue who they will end up with. I hope it isn't Leipold as I hope he stays with KU for a long chunk of time.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Leipolds age helps us here. If he was 45 I would be really worried.

Tbh, I am more worried about our badass QB getting snatched up in the transfer portal with an NIL deal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KU has the same amount of wins as Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado combined.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao

KU, uk, unc and dook are all 3-0…
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:24 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:18 pm As usual, twocoach gets the big things wrong and the little things right.

They're beyond hope.
I have a coworker whose husband commuted from Omaha to Lincoln for 2+ decades. He was an engineer for the state. Heck, they actually live in Carter Lake, IA near the downtown airport so his commute was a solid 20+ minutes longer than mine would be. There are a number of people who choose to commute down to Lincoln, which as the state capital, has some employment situations that are unique to it.

The weird, random and frequently wrong tangents you choose to shoot off are quite odd.

Most of the regular NU fans I have talked to are all over the place. One wants Leipold, one Klieman, one Meyer, one Stoops from UK. No clue who they will end up with. I hope it isn't Leipold as I hope he stays with KU for a long chunk of time.
Omaha is a garbage city.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Maybe you have just lived in a bunch of nice places. Maybe you've made some assumptions based on one random visit to town, who knows. I have lived in both Detroit and Cleveland and then in Newark, DE so I have lived in trash metro areas before and Omaha isnt that at all. If you're a "I love a big city with multiple pro sports franchises and all the big concerts" then Omaha isn't for you.

To each their own.