Sparko
Contributor

Re: CFB 2022

Post by Sparko »

Optimist Prime.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:51 pmOptimist Prime.
POTD!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Trying to watch OU v FSU in the cheetos bowl.

Can't. Between the stupid tomahawk chop and boomer sooner, it's unwatchable. Only fight song more annoying is rocky top.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

B12 not doing so hot this bowl season.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Weirdly the B12 seems to have lined up a bunch of bowls where they are significant underdogs. Missouri wriggling out of the Liberty Bowl may have forced a realignment of opponents. Statie and TCU are dogs too.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

The purple team is in big trouble. Saben has flipped a switch and decided he wants this game. He talked the QB who is #1 NFL draft pick and the end who is #1 defensive draft pick and everyone else into playing this game. Saben making a statement that they should be in playoffs and are going to blow them out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, I haven't put down a bet yet, but I will on Bama. I think they win by 20.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Saben thinks since Purple team beat TCU and then TCU got in playoffs that if they crush purple team they going to show that they would have won the playoffs.

This isn't a lets go win it's a this game is over at half time. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 35-0 at half.

Is there a first half bet?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

So tired of Saban and Alabama I will root for their total collapse.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:49 am The purple team is in big trouble. Saben has flipped a switch and decided he wants this game. He talked the QB who is #1 NFL draft pick and the end who is #1 defensive draft pick and everyone else into playing this game. Saben making a statement that they should be in playoffs and are going to blow them out.
It's Saban and it seems you are pulling a 180. ;)
"I don't bet football but if I did I would take the team in purple. I do not think Bama gives a damn if they are not in the CFP."

I don't know how much Saban wants to win (or not) but I'm pretty sure his players effort/s and execution will dictate how Alabama does in the game - more than if Saban wants to make a statement or not.
I do agree that Alabama (at their best) beats KSU (even at their best) - by a lot.

Not to rub salt in the wound but you also said....
"Also pretty sure Clemson going to smoke Tenn". Like I said, you know a lot more about college football than I do but thankfully I didn't listen to you and stayed with my original prediction.

In regards to my predictions, I don't know why but I am having second thoughts and am doubting myself in regards to the TCU/UM game. I'm having a weird feeling TCU brings their A game and Michigan doesn't.
Which probably means Michigan will destroy them.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

My MAN Happy New Year. You are 100% right. I kinda explained myself. Originally I said Bama did not care and would play this game working on next years team. Then Saben flipped so I flipped. Lot of chatter about Bama and Saben being done and Georgia the new power seems to have riled him up. Do not know if you follow recruiting but Bama has #1 class and it could be the highest ranked class ever. Those ballers are not going to play in this game but it shows Saben not ready to give up the crown. But this really about the opt outs not happening Those guys that are going to be in the NFL next year are playing and I thought for sure they would not.

Did you watch the Tenn-Clemson game? Pretty sure I said to watch out for opt outs on Clemson defense and their two top defensive players did opt out but....dude Clemson OC lost that game with some help I am sure from Dabo. They drove into Tenn side of the field every time in the first half and ended up with 3 points. I would fire that OC today. LOL

So the MIch-TCU game is really about one thing. Can TCU stop the run. Now TCU has a scheme that shut down UT's running game so they have a shot but Mich plays bully ball so they may wear them down.

Just one more thing. Clemson OC lost that game cause he kept putting the freshman QB in bad positions, they could have run all day on Tenn between the tackles but the OC kept calling stupid plays. Which brings me to the Arky-Kan first half. Some were saying JD was not looking good and that he was struggling. But was it JD or the OC. JD did make some bad decisions but it was the OC that put him in that position. Somewhere in the second half the OC finally says we going to lose anyways might as well put the ball in JD's hands and see what happens.

Anyways you 100% right I was wrong. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I appreciate and give you credit for sharing your thoughts and opinions - right or wrong.
Happy new year back at you!

Looking forward to the games (other than UK/Iowa) today.
I'll be in SoFi a week from Monday and would like to see UM play UGA but admit it makes me feel bad rooting against TCU for that to happen - and I think I can tolerate TCU fans better than UM fans.
I have no problem at all rooting against tOSU.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Feels like KState is going to get clobbered.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:07 am Feels like KState is going to get clobbered.
Feels like KState is up 10-0.
Deuce just took a deuce on Bama.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ball game. Took Bama about 8=9 minutes of game time to wake up. Once they did, game over.
Deleted User 863

I think Alabama is the 2nd or 3rd best team in the country.

But I agree with them not being 1 of the 4 playoff teams.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

K-State matches up fairly well with Alabama and arguably has the best offensive college football player in the nation.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ref show. I think about 10 minutes of game time taken up by ref meetings missing calls. The worst might have been Knowles having his helmet launched by the facemask.
Howard pulled a Bean there 4th and goal.
Last edited by Sparko on Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:27 pm K-State matches up fairly well with Alabama and arguably has the best offensive college football player in the nation.
Bijon?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Taters are on the menu.