CFB 2022

Kansas Football.
PhDhawk

Re: CFB 2022

Post by PhDhawk »

Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin. Seems dumb. But this is another school with ties to Liepold. Ugh.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:40 pm Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin. Seems dumb. But this is another school with ties to Liepold. Ugh.
Seems like the fix is in. Crazy decision.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:40 pm Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin. Seems dumb. But this is another school with ties to Liepold. Ugh.
This was the job that worried me the most, but I didn't figure it would come open anytime soon. Well, hell...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The answer is meeting their offers and letting him build a dynasty.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Like the media wants Lance to leave KU:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ul-chryst/

"Leipold is a Wisconsin native, and there's some thought that one of the reasons Wisconsin made a move on Chryst this early was because it wanted to make a run at Leipold before Nebraska could -- or before Kansas could lock him up with a new deal."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:11 am Like the media wants Lance to leave KU:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ul-chryst/

"Leipold is a Wisconsin native, and there's some thought that one of the reasons Wisconsin made a move on Chryst this early was because it wanted to make a run at Leipold before Nebraska could -- or before Kansas could lock him up with a new deal."
I don't know if it is that they "want" him to. His is just the easiest name to pencil in to those two jobs due to his past experience and current success.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And it's yet another job that ISU's Matt Campbell is being rumored for as well. With the way the ISU fans have soured on his after losing to Kansas, Campbell might just be looking behind the scenes for his next gig. His stagnant offense has probably cooled the calls for him to get an NFL job like was rumored when he was the hottest of young hot coaching names.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’d be nervous about taking a job at a program that just fired a guy that went 67-26 with a bowl record of 6-1.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:29 am I’d be nervous about taking a job at a program that just fired a guy that went 67-26 with a bowl record of 6-1.
Firing Paul Chryst feels like Wisconsin's version of Nebraska firing Frank Solich. And Bo Pelini actually.

As for Matt Campbell, it really seems like he needs to get out of Ames while he still has an opportunity. They way underperformed last year and this season is obviously not off to a great start. He's probably done all he can do with that job so if he can still turn that into a job somewhere else, he probably needs to move this offseason.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Obviously you want to beat Iowa State but that may have pushed Nebraska/Wisconsin to prioritize Leipold over Campbell.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if LL leaves for wiscy or neb or wherever, we can have the guy wiscy just fired.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

For Wisconsin, I think they did this to see if the DC can make things better this year and give him the job. He is a young up and comer.

My thought is, if KU can keep Lance here this year with both of those jobs coming open. I think he will stay for the long haul. I also see his wife tweeting KU things often. I don't know I have seen a coaches wife pumping up the team/school as much as she seems to.

It is nice to have a football coach that other teams might want. Such a change from having a coach that teams won't interview for a positional job.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

nu_bronco wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:06 am For Wisconsin, I think they did this to see if the DC can make things better this year and give him the job. He is a young up and comer.

My thought is, if KU can keep Lance here this year with both of those jobs coming open. I think he will stay for the long haul. I also see his wife tweeting KU things often. I don't know I have seen a coaches wife pumping up the team/school as much as she seems to.

It is nice to have a football coach that other teams might want. Such a change from having a coach that teams won't interview for a positional job.
I agree 100%. It just so happens that the two jobs that would likely be the most tempting came open at the same time. Perhaps we're lucky this happened in year 2 of Leipold's tenure rather than year 5 or 6. You wouldn't think those two jobs would come open again any time soon (I guess as long as both schools don't make Charlie Weis/David Beaty level hires) so if he doesn't leave this year, he's probably in Lawrence for a long run.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Perhaps we're lucky this happened in year 2 of Leipold's tenure rather than year 5 or 6.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm probably making too much of it, but it almost seems like Wiscy did a midseason firing to give themselves a shot at landing Lance over UNL.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:59 am I'm probably making too much of it, but it almost seems like Wiscy did a midseason firing to give themselves a shot at landing Lance over UNL.
Tom Fornelli (CBS Sports) thinks the same thing.

It would suck to lose Coach Liepold, but if either Wisconsin or Nebraska is his dream job then I guess we should just understand and be happy for the man.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

only in todays whacked out world does it make sense to fire a coach with a 67-26 record. to go after a coach with a 7-10 record(at his current school).
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

If Lance stays, that's quite a statement of commitment to his recruiting prospects. Who wouldn't want to play for a coach that turned down offers from highly rated P5 schools?
Last edited by defixione on Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I didn't realize Leipold was a grad assistant at Wisconsin for a couple years. This is going to be an interesting battle between KU, Nebraska, & Wisconsin.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I don't think Nebraska is the biggest concern. But I do think if Leonard isn't the answer, than Wisconsin should be a HUGE worry.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG