Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: CFB 2022

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:29 am Colorado offered Kasen Weisman and he's taking a visit to Boulder this weekend.

https://www.on3.com/college/colorado-bu ... qb-commit/

I'll be surprised if he doesn't flip.
It will be a crazy train ride for whoever gets on. I would not bet on him staying long.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Anyone else watching the Jackson State / N.C. Central game?
The refs have sucked all game and now just blew the game completely.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:30 pm Anyone else watching the Jackson State / N.C. Central game?
The refs have sucked all game and now just blew the game completely.
Incredible fricking game (last second TD and XP to tie the game) and Jackson State can thank the refs for it. I hate this shit.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Good for Jackson State.

Prime is a great coach and person. Him coaching at Jackson State has done a lot of good for HBCUs and conversely the HBCUs have done a lot for Prime by giving him an opportunity to show what type of leader and coach he is.

Is he the next Saban or Belichick? Probably not. But maybe.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Good for Jackson State? They lost the game.
Unfucking real overtime finish. 4th and Goal to tie it and Prime Time's son basically threw the ball away. Moran! :)

P.S. Deion chokes (or at least his team does) in big games.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:50 pm Good for Jackson State? They lost the game.
Unfucking real overtime finish. 4th and Goal to tie it and Prime Time's son basically threw the ball away. Moran! :)

Good for Jackson State for making OT

And losing does not always equal choking.

He's a 2x super bowl champion. Choker!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:55 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:50 pm Good for Jackson State? They lost the game.

Good for Jackson State for making OT

And losing does not always equal choking.

He's a 2x super bowl champion. Choker!
I was referring to his Jackson State teams in National Championship games but you are right - he has 2 Super Bowl rings.
Also, they didn't really "choke" today nor did they "choke" last year. The just found a way not to win. ;)
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Did Auntie bet big coin on the game?
She should be hyped, Jr. Carried the ball 20 times for 329 yards and two touchdowns for a So Miss W.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:25 am Did Auntie bet big coin on the game?
She should be hyped, Jr. Carried the ball 20 times for 329 yards and two touchdowns for a So Miss W.
She doubled down on over 200 yards on a prop bet.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

kinda messed up, what’s going on at CU with not only schollies not being honored, but the way in which the news is being broken to the recruits

never really liked deion anyway
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:49 am kinda messed up, what’s going on at CU with not only schollies not being honored, but the way in which the news is being broken to the recruits

Unfortunately, it's like that at a lot of schools, especially with turnover. I'm quite sure it's happened here. One of the reasons why I've always been a proponent of scholarships binding the schools to the student-athlete for 4 years.

My only strong opinion on Prime is that he was an all-timer and a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:05 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:49 am kinda messed up, what’s going on at CU with not only schollies not being honored, but the way in which the news is being broken to the recruits

Unfortunately, it's like that at a lot of schools, especially with turnover. I'm quite sure it's happened here. One of the reasons why I've always been a proponent of scholarships binding the schools to the student-athlete for 4 years.

My only strong opinion on Prime is that he was an all-timer and a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
i don’t disagree, but 14 recruits, of which none seem to have been contacted by the coaching staff to actually have a conversation? seems awful dickish and apathetic

maybe i’m just naive to the reality
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:08 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:05 am

i don’t disagree, but 14 recruits, of which none seem to have been contacted by the coaching staff to actually have a conversation? seems awful dickish and apathetic

maybe i’m just naive to the reality
Causation/correlation yada yada, we've just seen the sport of football do things to people. Lots of dickish people doing dickish things that would happen in few other realms. Even fans lose their brains.

You know who would do that to 14+ recruits? Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher, Dabo Swinney, Mike Gundy, Charlie Weis, and on and on.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Weis. Ouch. Yeah. Remember that, But what went around came around. Prime probably needs to understand that they are not Alabama either. In fact, Alabama? WTF? When do student athletes understand that the deep south is not a great environment. Especially for wind sprints.
Deleted User 863

Colorado's football program is an embarrassment. I don't blame Prime for wanting to bring his own luggage.

That's why coaches get fired and new coaches get hired in college sports. Prime can bring in better players. How many scholarships total for college football? 14 players/recruits isn't a huge portion.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There's a way to go about it, though.

Colorado is in a completely desperate situation. Prime was able to win at Jackson State because he recruited FBS talent to an FCS school--they just ran over teams. He won't be able to out-recruit the Pac-12 (and the other P5's) at Colorado--that just doesn't happen outside a skill player or two a year. So we are going to find out real quickly how good of a coach and developer his staff is.

I'm not predicting he gets slaughtered or anything, but the moment he perhaps finds any success he's out the door to a better thing, leaving CU behind with nothing. Just a desperate situation where there's a very narrow path for this to work out for CU in the long term.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man, I'd love to have Colorado back in the conference though. Loved visiting Folsom Field a few times and also enjoyed having some close games with them over the years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863